Introduction thread

3Sixty

Medal Winner
Visit site
Hi guys, i looked around and couldn't see a place to introduce myself so if this is in the wrong place i apologise.

I'm new to the forum and to the sport in general so thought i'd pop in for tips and chat.

My golfing journey started around march time, myself and a few guys at work decided we should take up golf. I suggested a few trips to the local pitch & putt to learn the game, however by the time i next saw said friends they had all bought a 2nd hand set of sticks and booked a tee time for the back 9 of a local course. My set was a Callaway Big Bertha Warbird, a Keno Metal wood, a set of mid 90's Wilson Staff midsize irons and a Howson putter. Sexy.

I didn't have a clue, after a few quick youtube videos on the way to the course i almost knew how to hold a club. Arrived at the first tee (10th) tee'd up and went driver... On a 150 yard Par 3... Thankfully my shot went about 60 yards, and 30 yards right. After hacking around for 8 holes we arrived at the 18th, my first tee shot went in the drink so i changed to the Keno, and hit a beauty, straight as a die for what seemed like a massive distance at the time, that is the shot that kept me playing. I've never loved something so much i've sucked at so bad.

Fast forward to now. I've only really played around 36 holes total, missed a lot of play with an injury from the gym. Been up the range 5/6 times also and have been teaching myself via online videos, tips and self analysis. I genuinely don't think lessons are for me, but I'm going to give them a shot this winter i think.

I film myself up the range, so at the risk of major embarrassment here is a video of my swing.

[video=youtube;eiQ0_aPB9Ag]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiQ0_aPB9Ag[/video]

I'm fully aware it needs alot of work, but the improvement I've seen in myself makes me happy.

Thanks for reading this absolute ramble guys and i look forward to participating here.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
You might want to check your mat alignment. You seem to be aiming into the next bay.:eek:

Welcome, and don't open any PM's from someone called Justone.:whistle::)

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
As first, introduction post go, that's the best I've seen in a good while :thup:

Kudos on posting a video of your swing on your first post too.

Get stuck in bud :)

3Sixty

Medal Winner
Visit site
You might want to check your mat alignment. You seem to be aiming into the next bay.:eek:

Welcome, and don't open any PM's from someone called Justone.:whistle::)

Ahhh, it's the range honest.

Very odd shape with most of the bays on the diagonal.

Thanks everyone for the kind welcomes.

D

Deleted member 15344

Welcome and enjoy - great to see someone getting enjoyment from that one good hit and then getting hooked

D

Deleted Member 1156

Give up now mate while you still can, this game will ruin your life.

You're DOOMED!!!!!

:D