Introducing Myself

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
You can yes, but I'm not a big fan of Ruislip (quite a boring course), and the third one is Uxbridge which is only a 12 hole, which I find awkward and weird. :D

Hu? I used to play that place all the time (very muddy!!!) and it was 18 holes at the time. How come they axed 6 holes?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hu? I used to play that place all the time (very muddy!!!) and it was 18 holes at the time. How come they axed 6 holes?
I believe it's because HS2 is being built straight through there. I never played there before anyway, I only played there for the first time last month. You can do an '18' by playing the twelve holes and then first six again. We only had time for the 12 though. We also made a schoolboy error and got lost, playing the 11th thinking it was the 6th, so then we had to carry on and play it all in completely the wrong order (1,2,3,4,5,11,12,7,8,9,10,6). :lol:

dufferman

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well, like I said in my first post, I was playing all through summer before the footy season started. Since it has started I was managing to fit 9 holes in on the Sunday afternoons (since Sunday footy is 10.30 kick-off). Now the clocks have gone back though, I'll only be able to play on the days when we don't have matches at all. Sunday League has an odd number of teams so there will be weeks when we don't have a game. We've already played more games than some of the other teams too.

We'll you're in the right place to get the bug, you can spend hours on here talking.about golf!

As for the Uxbridge GC 12 hole situation, I heard there was major gas work done under the final 6 holes, about 10 years ago, and the company doing it went bust before they could return the course back to how it was. Could be an old wives tale mind you.