Interview... Help!

adamk15

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hello everyone, I apollogise for being unable to visit the forum for quite some time due to study!

Anyway, tomorow I have an interview to become the captain of the school. I'm up against a strong candidate who is also my friend. Any tips on how to put yourself across well in an interview? Should I think up answers to possible questions or just hope inspiration hits me on the spot??

Thanks in advance :D

colint

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Think of answers to some of the obvious questions, ie why you want the position, what you can bring to it, what you'll do as captain etc. Also have some questions prepared to ask them ie what are my responsibilities, what do you expect from me.

Think of a closing summary to finish the interview with, some cheesy gushing crap usually works "I'm confident that I have the character and skills to represent the school etc etc blah blah

Make sure you leave them in doubt that you desperately want the position, and why. Ask them if they have any reservations about you so that you can deal with objections there and then

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just to add to colints' excellent tips, at the introduction make sure you look the interviewers in the eye with a firm handshake, and try and maintain eye contact with whoever you're talking to during the interview.

Good luck, and please let us know how you get on.

Golfmmad.

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just to add to colints' excellent tips

Sorry, Golfmmad - did you miss my tip? x

Oops, sorry Sneds, look at the post times, I'm a bit slow on this thing. But yes, good tip! OK? :D :D

PS.

What's with the kisses/crosses, we're not girls ya know. :eek: :D

Golfmmad.