Internet explorer

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
I was a dedicated firefox user until I got a virus that redirected every googled webpage to some spurious sites. I couldn't be bothered getting the thing removed and re-installing windows so I bought a new lappy and I use IE8 to be honest it has been ok and I'm happy enough with it not to have to change to Firefox again yet.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
Does anybody on this planet use internet explorer??? :eek: :p

Not me, unless it's for 1/2 a dozen sites where I can't be bothered to find my favourites.

I use Chrome anyway. :(

B

birdieman

It's only as slow as your broadband speed surely?

IE is fine by me too.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site

IE is fine by me too.

Sadly, not in my experience.

I.E. is extra-slow to start and other moments are pretty arthritic too.

HRC99

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

IE is fine by me too.

On most PCs, it is much slower than Firefox. I installed it the other day on my other half's father's laptop and compared it to IE. IE was six seconds to load and Firefox two seconds.

B

birdieman

ok just installed it, agree its faster but this GM website looks different -why?

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
I use firefox and it works fine with 99% of the sites i visit.

However IE 8 is way better than its predessors and is easy to reset back to default settings if a virus does bite.

IE9 is on the horizon and this may well rival chrome for speed, although I dont like the Chrome interface.

once IE has started I see very little difference in page load times when compared to firefox

As a PC engineer, I see 30 computers a week 90% have IE in various versions. 9 % have firefox and 1 percent have Chrome.

Interestingly nearly all have Safari on their desktop as part of a itunes update but nobody knows what it is.

Another one that I have used is Opera

Both IE and Firefox are able to be compromised by Malware, so I would recommend everyone in the world downloads and uses the free version of Malwarebytes on a regular basis www.malwarebytes.org Remember to update before scanning, do the quick scan and if it comes up with loads of bad stuff, do the long scan afterwards.

Fragger

PC Hero to The Gentry