Inter Forum Match - GM vs Golf Magic

KeefG

Journeyman Pro
www.maywoodgolfclub.com
Righty ho boys n girls....

Subject to venue & dates, can we have a 'show of hands' so to speak to see who is interested please.

Potential dates now are next spring time.

I've had a chat with Smiffy and we think 1 x big centralised meet would be better and looking at Google Earth, the best place central to pretty much everyone is somewhere between Leeds, Sheffield & Nottingham, so that will be the rough area we will be playing.

Obviously it would also be nice if we had someone from GM towers playing too ;)

So, who wants to whip these Golf Magic boys pansy asses then folks?

<u>Team Golf Monthly</u>
KeefG

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Hi Keith
I am quite happy to organise the Golf Magic team, but the only problem I can see is that quite a lot of people will have already earmarked their holiday entitlement this year. I'm more than happy to gauge interest at this stage and hold off until Spring next year (if necessary) to enable as many people to attend as possible. It would be great to hold it around the times you suggest but for me personally that could be difficult. I already have my holiday in August mapped out, and it will be difficult for me to get more time off around then.
The Scotland v England week-end was a great success earlier this year, we could even hold a week-end event of our own on a decent track "up North" (from my point of view) and hold a similar Ryder Cup style event.
I think at the moment it's best that we just gauge interest with the intention of fixing dates and venues up in a month or two's time?
What do you think?
Rob

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
How about end Sept or beginning Oct? Weather not too bad, cheaper green fees and maybe a deal or two in the offing.

Would be interested depending on dates.

KeefG

Journeyman Pro
www.maywoodgolfclub.com
How about end Sept or beginning Oct? Weather not too bad, cheaper green fees and maybe a deal or two in the offing.

Are you trying to alienate yourself from me even more having read my holiday thread from last night? lol

I'm on holiday at the end of September you muppet! :p

Next spring would be just as good for me though, it'll certainly give us plenty of time to organise it and do it properly.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Next spring would be just as good for me though, it'll certainly give us plenty of time to organise it and do it properly.

That's what I was thinking Keith.
If Leeds (or thereabouts) was decided on as a venue, it's a fair old trek for me. I would need to make a two day trip of it, maybe three. If a jobs worth doing, it's worth doing well goes the old saying. So I'm prepared to wait and get a right old "ding dong" battle organised mate.
Rob

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site

Are you trying to alienate yourself from me even more having read my holiday thread from last night? lol

I'm on holiday at the end of September you muppet! :p

What holiday thread?

BTW there's nothing wrong with miss piggy :D

It didn't have to be Sept. I was just thinking on the lines of the courses still being in decent nick, green fees reducing and accomodation deals being out of season.

Why the feck don't we just do one in Nov in France/Algarve/Checho, checko, che, oh just delete as necessary. ;)

KeefG

Journeyman Pro
www.maywoodgolfclub.com
This holiday thread!!

lol, can we just stick to somewhere in England? You might have money to burn but I may have some job explaining away to the missus a few thousand pounds for a golf trip!

I can barely get a game round Temple Newsam when she's off work let alone Azerbijhan ;)

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
This holiday thread!!

lol, can we just stick to somewhere in England? You might have money to burn but I may have some job explaining away to the missus a few thousand pounds for a golf trip!

I can barely get a game round Temple Newsam when she's off work let alone Azerbijhan ;)
Azerbijhan? are there any courses there?
I'll throw another at you then, in another country. Celtic Manor ;)

KeefG

Journeyman Pro
www.maywoodgolfclub.com
This holiday thread!!

Azerbijhan? are there any courses there?

Thats a good shout, however won't it be shut by next spring in readyness for the Ryder Cup?

KeefG

Journeyman Pro
www.maywoodgolfclub.com
[
lol, can we just stick to somewhere in England?

Having just noticed your location Keith, I can see why you suggested Leeds you crafty git!
I quite fancy holding it at Highwoods
:D :D :D :D

lol, it does seem devious I know, but open Google Earth, and look at the map of somewhere central between Glasgow/Edinburgh and the south coast...central of that is Sheffield, i'm just lucky I happen to live 30 mins from Sheffield ;)

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site

Cost could be a little prohibitive for some if it were held there Vig. I can't play the course for toffee either (have tried 3 or 4 times) but of course that's irrelevant isn't it?
:D

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site

Cost could be a little prohibitive for some if it were held there Vig. I can't play the course for toffee either (have tried 3 or 4 times) but of course that's irrelevant isn't it?
:D

That would depend on which forum you were representing :D :D

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Smiffy has already sworn his allegiance to the dark side, Golf Magic is more important to him than his buddies here :(

I joined the Golf Magic site about a month before here so feel that it is my natural home....
Plus the place isn't full of poofters
;)