Info golf trip in Aberdeenshire

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have played Downfield many times and personally I don't like it that much. There are some quirky holes and it was always poorly drained but as Steve suggests that might not be a problem anymore. I would however prefer Edzell and Montrose over Downfield given the choice.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
You won't go wrong with Monifieth (i'm a member), Panmure, Scotscraig or any of the courses in St Andrews (the ones in the actual town) or Carnoustie (The Burnside is a smashing course) - Blairgowrie Rosemount is my favourite inland course in Scotland so you wouldn't be disappointed with there either - Downfield is nice but has a couple of daft holes to my mind

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Rosemount Blairgowrie for me too. Stunning heathland course. Ladybank is nice but not as good. Shame you can not get on the New Course. That is lovely, but not as tough as the Jubilee.

U

User62651

Hawkshill at Newmachar is a cracking course. Lots of trees so need to be straight off the tee.

Big shout for this course, have played many courses in Aberdeenshire and this one is worth ticking off, American style course, quite a challenge and very few weak holes.

Hosel Fade

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Managed to dig out some photos I had from Fraserburgh from a few years ago, also have some from Silloth, Cruden Bay, Royal Dornoch and Tain
P1020661_zpsdb478b09.jpg

P1020658_zpsebebd11d.jpg

P1020659_zps159ebe7b.jpg

P1020657_zpsa7850352.jpg

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
if you're in the that neck of the woods it would be criminal not to play the Rosemount. not far from Dundee so you could play it on the way home. actually in Aberdeen is newmacher. a fantastic golf course

bluetoon

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
It would be a crime not to play Peterhead if your in the area, we got a new head greenkeeper a few years ago and he has transformed the course, it is getting a lot of praise from members and visitors.

You won't be disappointed. :thup:

Landlocked

Hacker
Visit site
Fraserburgh, as already mentioned, is a lovely course which is really good value for money. Friendly members and deserving of more overseas visitors.

Would be nice if more tourists gave Trump Aberdeen a swerve and played there.

makaveli

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hello guys, final itinerary is taking shape! :)

Day 1 am: Royal Aberdeen
Day 1 pm: Stonehaven (tbc)
Day 2 pm: Cruden Bay
Day 3 am: Panmure (on the way back to the airport)

What do you think? Any suggestions on what to do/visit during the evening or during Day 2 am?
Thanks for all the suggestions guys, you are always very helpful!! :)
Ciao
iMak