Inexpensive grips advice

Smoj

Visit site
Lamkin Crosslines :)
I was all about Lamkin Crosslines, I had some midsize on my old irons and needed to tape my hands up each time i played as they rip my hands/gloves apart, and wasnt my grip pressure either, i've sinced moved to standard GP tour velvet 360 on some new irons and have had no problems with my hands.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I was all about Lamkin Crosslines, I had some midsize on my old irons and needed to tape my hands up each time i played as they rip my hands/gloves apart, and wasnt my grip pressure either, i've sinced moved to standard GP tour velvet 360 on some new irons and have had no problems with my hands.
The Lamkin 360 are better.

Smoj

Visit site
The Lamkin 360 are better.

I had one of them grey/black 360 grips on one of my wedges, I dunno if I installed it wrong but it was very long, was decent to grip down on around the green.
I do still play the lampkin crossline standard black version on my 52-56 though, I like the logo as a reference point on how open the face is. i've also quite enjoyed going back to standard size grips after playing midsize for a while.

RichA

Visit site
I often remove and reuse good grips. Less fussy now that I've discovered Avon Tacki-Mac grips which are pretty much the same as Tour Velvet and Crossline but half the price.

ThinBullet

Visit site
I bought the Champkey ones from Amazon once. First the standard size, but they were really thin, then the midsize, which were in between a golf pride standard and midsize tour velvet. The fitting kit was fine, and seems to only work with that grip.

Grip was fine on the club, but when I traded the clubs in, the pro shop knocked me down in price because he'd never heard of the grips and wouldn't be able to sell them. Golf snobbery is real.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Did they come off ok & would you recommend buying them?
Some yes and some no depended very much on which manufacturer the shafts cam from. Callaway ones were very easy and I got a complete set which were sold on ebay as they were not my preferred grip. Similarly they had a few with a different type of grip which I reused on my rescues.

I have also bought TaylorMade red cap 360 and Mizuno pre-used grips from someone doing the same and was very pleased with them.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Some yes and some no depended very much on which manufacturer the shafts cam from. Callaway ones were very easy and I got a complete set which were sold on ebay as they were not my preferred grip. Similarly they had a few with a different type of grip which I reused on my rescues.

I have also bought TaylorMade red cap 360 and Mizuno pre-used grips from someone doing the same and was very pleased with them.
Cheers 👍🏻

slicer79

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Thinking about doing a few of my own grips. Will probably get some 360 grips as then I won't fiddle about trying to work out if they are on straight or not