• Vote to leave the UK

Votes: 39 42.9%
  • Don't know

Votes: 9 9.9%

• Total voters

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
In Scotland SNP got more seats than the combined Unionist Labour/Tory/L.D. parties.
The Unionist Parties played the Westminster election as a Scottish Referendum and they lost. This was despite the Unionist parties fielding paper candidates in the seats where they were weak, some were just out of school and some barely able to speak.

Re Indyref 2 ..........all depends .....If Corbyn wins next months election I think Indyref2 will go on the back burner.
If May wins, it will be game on.

Delusional

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Delusional

Factual though.........[well maybe not the 'next months election bit'.];)

SLAB gained 6 seats from only 10,000 additional votes to take their total to 7 seats........and they are bouncing off the walls.
A few years ago they held 41 seats.

May and her awful government is in power because SLAB Blairite leaders told their voters to vote Tory in seats where SLAB were failing.
They should hang their heads in shame.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
If Brexit underpinned the GE south of the Border, which it might be... i.e. A close run thing.

Folk were saying that north of the Border the the GE was indicative of the desire for another IndyRef and independence.

..in Nicola's own words. "Scotland has spoken!" Och, away wi ye!

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
In Scotland SNP got more seats than the combined Unionist Labour/Tory/L.D. parties.
The Unionist Parties played the Westminster election as a Scottish Referendum and they lost. This was despite the Unionist parties fielding paper candidates in the seats where they were weak, some were just out of school and some barely able to speak.

Re Indyref 2 ..........all depends .....If Corbyn wins next months election I think Indyref2 will go on the back burner.
If May wins, it will be game on.

Hahahahahahahahahahhaha........... breathe...............hahahahahahahahaha

SNP loses 40% of its Westminster MP's and it's a......... success?!?

Hahahahahahahahahaha......... breathe.......... hahahahahahahaha

the smiling assassin

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
So, how far back has this pushed Indy Ref 2? NS has accepted a second ref has had a significant impact on the results in Scotland and they went badly for the SNP. Will it disappear now until after Brexit has happened, at the earliest?

Dead for now - at least we'll get some peace for a bit...it's been a long time putting up with the Indytrash since the original referendum was announced back in 2013...

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Don't think the First Minister will be too bothered that IndyRef2 seems to be off the itinerary for a few years. It's what the polls were showing and SNP were I think deluded if they thought they could win an IndyRef2 in the coming 2-3 years - and in any case most people didn't really want one at the moment.

She'll be gutted at losing 24 seats but it was only ever going to be down - none of the three opposition parties could do worse than they did in the previous election - and sure enough they all did better - and in doing better a lot of voters returned to their traditional party, in large numbers in some places.

That said 35/13/7/4 still shows the SNP as very strong when the opposition total representation in Westminster is 2/3rds of the SNP representation.

Not a good night for the SNP at all - but not absolutely calamitous.

U

User62651

I think the UK feels a little more united today. Indyref2 is driven by anti-Tory views not anti British views imo and May getting her wings clipped (despite todays utterly delusional soundbites) has helped Scots see that there can be common political ground with England in particular. Overall young people are engaged in politics and have shown they can make a difference, UKIP are wiped out, Labour are stronger than they were, politics in Scotland is more multi party again, all good.
Even though May is hanging on for now I think her personal weakening (rather than her party's) and Labour's relative success has been a good result for UK unity, which is fine with me.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I think the UK feels a little more united today. Indyref2 is driven by anti-Tory views not anti British views imo and May getting her wings clipped (despite todays utterly delusional soundbites) has helped Scots see that there can be common political ground with England in particular. Overall young people are engaged in politics and have shown they can make a difference, UKIP are wiped out, Labour are stronger than they were, politics in Scotland is more multi party again, all good.
Even though May is hanging on for now I think her personal weakening (rather than her party's) and Labour's relative success has been a good result for UK unity, which is fine with me.

Yup - with you on that...

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site

Have a 'like.'

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Factual though.........[well maybe not the 'next months election bit'.];)

SLAB gained 6 seats from only 10,000 additional votes to take their total to 7 seats........and they are bouncing off the walls.
A few years ago they held 41 seats.

May and her awful government is in power because SLAB Blairite leaders told their voters to vote Tory in seats where SLAB were failing.
They should hang their heads in shame.

Forget the fact that this was the SNP's second best performance in an election, that's the spin you'll get but facts are,

1 - The SNP lost 21 seats, a third of all they had.
2 - Almost half a million SNP voters turned their back on the SNP this time around
3 - Many SNP seats are now with very small majorities
4 - The people of Scotland had their say and the results are clear as day, more folk voted against the SNP than for
5 - Not a fact but an opinion, indyref2 is dead in the water due to the facts above

I said after the 2015 general election, the SNP was the trendy vote, many labour voters protested against the state of Scottish labour and voted SNP, many have drifted back but many have voted Tory as they can't stand Corbyn but are sick of the indyref2 talk coming from the SNP.

I would fully expect that the SNP will lose more seats at the next general election.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Forget the fact that this was the SNP's second best performance in an election, that's the spin you'll get but facts are,

1 - The SNP lost 21 seats, a third of all they had.
2 - Almost half a million SNP voters turned their back on the SNP this time around
3 - Many SNP seats are now with very small majorities
4 - The people of Scotland had their say and the results are clear as day, more folk voted against the SNP than for
5 - Not a fact but an opinion, indyref2 is dead in the water due to the facts above

I said after the 2015 general election, the SNP was the trendy vote, many labour voters protested against the state of Scottish labour and voted SNP, many have drifted back but many have voted Tory as they can't stand Corbyn but are sick of the indyref2 talk coming from the SNP.

I would fully expect that the SNP will lose more seats at the next general election.

Sorry to burst your wee bubble but I shall repeat what I said earlier.

The SNP had a bad night but they still won more seats than Scottish Labour, Scottish Conservatives and Scottish Lib Dems..........COMBINED.
Do you deny that ?

BTW Totally agree with Maxfli's Last Post

Last edited:

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Sorry to burst your wee bubble but I shall repeat what I said earlier.

The SNP had a bad night but they still won more seats than Scottish Labour, Scottish Conservatives and Scottish Lib Dems..........COMBINED.
Do you deny that ?

BTW Totally agree with Maxfli's Last Post

No, do you deny any of mine?

The SNP had a horrendous night, any party losing a third of their seats is in turmoil. My bubble is still inflated, yours however :rofl:

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
No, do you deny any of mine?

The SNP had a horrendous night, any party losing a third of their seats is in turmoil.

Wee Nicola is finished too, she daren't utter the I word ever again.

She has essentially lost a 2nd Indy referendum without even getting the opportunity to have it, and if she tries to lead the SNP into the next Scottish Parliament elections she will lose.

Succession planning underway within the SNP IMO.