Im going for a round of golf!

DaveyG

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
How do,

I haven't so much as picked up a club since the 2nd of August and since taking up the game 2 years ago I don't think I went 3 days without range/practice ground or the course. I can honestly say I am glad I am over my obsession with the sport and I will go out tomorrow for 4.5 hours of enjoyment.

It has taken me to fall out of love with the game to get to this point. After starting as a complete beginner I have always struggled with consistency I shot 13 over on a par 73 championship course one day and then 30 over the week later.

My last round was the day before my sisters wedding when we played the course attached to the hotel - I started with a birdie after driving the green of a dog leg par 4. I then parred the next 2 holes and stood on the 4th feeling great..... I think I then managed to slice 8 balls OOB.
Normally after a bad round I moan to the missus, look online for inspiration & sometimes say I wont bother playing again this week, only to end up on the practise area/course that same night.

So anyway due to work commitments down in London I couldn't have played even if I wanted to for the last of the daylight hours after work and at weekends I honestly thought why bother wasting a day I can actually enjoy doing something else. After three failed attempts at returning to the club over the past few weeks (All of them down to me saying "I cant be arshed to play") I am going out for a round with a mate tomorrow and actually looking forward to it.

I don't care about the score as its 5 mile of exercise and a laugh with my mate. The only one worry I have is teeing off the first infront of others when I mean it when I say this "I HONESTLY FEEL LIKE I DON'T KNOW HOW TO SWING A GOLF CLUB"... It has seriously been that long I have no swing thoughts (Must be a good thing) and feel like it will be a completely foreign feeling...

Anyway I don't know if this will even be read but I have wasted 5 minutes in the office on a friday and I am happy with that!

Have a good weekend

D

Deleted member 18588

Your wife is more understanding than mine. Whenever I suggest taking an extended break I get reminded of how much I have spent on golf and told to "get out there!"

Still it sounds like you are approaching tomorrow in the right way i.e. to have some exercise and enjoy a mate's company. So get out there and have some fun.

I am certain that there will be sufficient good shots to tempt you back.

Good luck!