I'm back :)

barb

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi everyone,
Not been around for a while so thought I'd pop in to see how everyone is

things have been a little crazy over the past 18 months or so hence why I haven't been around, unfortunately hubby has had a really rough time with his PTSD but he is finally about to start treatment with Combat Stress and so things are beginning to calming down abit. Hubby has had to give his management job up so to keep him busy had a complete change in direction, he is working at our golf club part time. I think it is safe to say golf has been our saviour.

The golf has been going well, my handicap is slowly coming down, managed to get it to 18 but just crept back up to 19 in the last couple of weeks.

Following the sale of our club early this year, the new owners have had a lot of work done on the course over the last 9 months. We are well chuffed with the changes, the course is looking the best it ever has and they have turned the greens arounds from being consistently slow and bobberly to fast and smooth and able to compete with some of better courses in Oxfordshire. They have also had a lot of drainage work done in Aug and already we can see the difference, on a day like today the course would normally have to close for lying water but not now, not that I would want to be out there today 😉

How has everyone else been, well I hope 😊

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
welcome back Barbara:cool:

Golf is a saviour for most of us both mentally and physically- hope your hubby keeps improving.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
welcome back Barbara:cool:

Golf is a saviour for most of us both mentally and physically- hope your hubby keeps improving.

A big +1 to that!

Great to hear hubby's improvement. It's an area that seems (to me) where the military (DoD really) very much under-perform (or even shirk)! The whole need for the likes of H4H etc. irks me! That said, there was a poignant, but topical, story about in the Torygraph the other day...http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ru...ion-from-First-World-War-soldiers-ordeal.html

And the good news for the course is that installing (additional) drainage often has a negative effect in some (often unexpected) areas for the first year - due to the disruption of 'pathways' - so if it's performing well, then it'll likely get better. It's a constant battle though, especially for courses with plenty of trees competing!

D

Deleted member 16999

Hi Barbara,
Nice to see you on here, Have a couple of mates who have been helped by Combat Stress and have come through the other side doing very very well, hope your fella gets all the help he needs.

D

Deleted member 15344

Hope your hubby gets all the help he needs

I used to help out at the Combat Stress centre in Newport - wonderful work from volunteers