If it was your world, would you have the same passion for Golf??

V

vkurup

While waiting to be seen at the physios, I was thumbing thru the Rugby 'six nations' mag. Interesting article about Ireland's Cian Healy. Apparently he does loads more than Rugby and one of which is that he is a hardcore DJ (DJChurch) and spins very regularly besides being a painter and a greyhound trainer!!. The strap line from him is pretty interesting ' If Rugby was my whole life, I wouldn't have the same passion for it'. I think it is a classic.

Most forumers have a day job and play golf as a hobby - but everyone wants to play more and make it the centre of their universe. But would you have the same passion for it, if it was your full time gig??

IMG-20140303-00152.jpg
Mod: feel free to delete the pic rather than the thread..

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I don't know, but my parents next door neighbour was made redundant a few years ago and decided to retire a bit early. Prior to that he was up the golf club whenever he could be. Post retirement, he told my Dad that now he can play whenever he wants, it has lost it's enjoyment.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not sure. I only work on Mondays and have been known to play golf every other day of the week, and sometimes twice in summer. Haven't ever yet got tired of it or bored or lost any drive to continue to improve and realise my full potential (if that's ever really possible with golf).

Trying to make a living from it though would be very different. I am also fitness/health nuts and love talking about that, learning about that and helping friends/family be fitter and healthier. So I trained to be a PT and worked at that for a while but it became just that "work" and a chore so jacked it in and had more time for golf!

Martin70

Head Pro
Visit site
I've often thought about this when buying a lottery ticket.

I honestly don't think I would get bored of playing 5 times a week if it were possible.

evahakool

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I only work 2/3 months a year and could quite happily play 4/5 times a week if I could get away with it ,my wife wouldn't be to happy.

Last year I was down south for 10 days ,think I played 7 days on the trot at different courses,one of my brothers said "do you not get fed up with golf" (he plays himself ) so I asked him if he would have rather have worked the last week or played golf, no prizes for guessing his answer .:D

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
I'm making time to hit balls every day at the moment - It's a chore - but won't be when I start hitting them OK :(

A comparison is to one of my jobs - I'm a graphic designer but also a freelance sports photographer - I know people who would love to shoot professional football like I do - I enjoy it but it's work, when I go on holiday the pro camera tends to stay in the safe in the hotel - any pics I take are with my iPhone