What is the most you have paid for something Golf related?

BomberSRL

Head Pro
Visit site
A previous post about nearly £500 drivers got me thinking, what is the most you have spent on something for Golf and was it worth it? Mine was a set of brand new Titleist CB irons for £700. Used them for half a year and sold them for £400. Never bought anything new again!

SRL

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A set of KZG Cavity Backs in 2002. 3 iron to Gap wedge and they cost me just under £850. Sold them for £75 after using them for 12 years.

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Most expensive I've bought is set of Rocketbladez irons for £270 about 3 years ago second hand. Most expensive brand new club was my Ping G30 a year ago for £219

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
A set of Taylormade X-03 irons
Japanese irons , released in limited quantities in U.K. By American golf many years back.
Cost me £800
Should have been £1100
But somebody bought them, used 1/2 set, others still wrapped
Returned after 1 round ( guy was notorious serial club changer )

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
Do we have to include the cost of bribing the wife so we can indulge ourselves again?

The cost of some of the bribes I've paid are quite astonishing...

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
Do we have to include the cost of bribing the wife so we can indulge ourselves again?

The cost of some of the bribes I've paid are quite astonishing...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: This is true, I always say my golf probably costs me about £5k a year by the time I factor in shopping trips and weekends away for the wife so I get grief free golf!!

For me it would be my electric trolley and 36 hole battery this year I think. Only had 1 new set of irons that weren't current range so a bargain other than that bought 2nd hand. Edel was expensive for a single club, although about the same as my M2 driver iirc.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
In today's money my purchase of my Wilson Staff Fluid Feels in 1984 (for £150 I think). In last 10 yrs most I have spent is £299 on my set of John Letters irons.

D

Deleted member 16999

Membership, apart from that Motocaddy trolley second hand £500.00.

Spear-Chucker

Tour Rookie
Visit site
My irons, around 10 years ago which were around £700 if memory serves me ok. Still going strong so they've not been a bad investment. Was thinking about a new driver and possibly 3 wood, but [a] blew my fund on juniors new clubs and don't really like changing stuff out too much if I'm honest as it takes me ages to get really comfortable. Would like to have a bash with the new 917 or Callaway Epic thingy though.

D

Deleted Member 1156

My irons, around 10 years ago which were around £700 if memory serves me ok. Still going strong so they've not been a bad investment. Was thinking about a new driver and possibly 3 wood, but [a] blew my fund on juniors new clubs and don't really like changing stuff out too much if I'm honest as it takes me ages to get really comfortable. Would like to have a bash with the new 917 or Callaway Epic thingy though.

Sorry Rob :eek: :D

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
Do club membership fee and golfing holidays count towards this?

Otherwise, I think the most expensive individual item I bought was a pair of Galvin Green waterproofs.

BomberSRL

Head Pro
Visit site
Do club membership fee and golfing holidays count towards this?

Otherwise, I think the most expensive individual item I bought was a pair of Galvin Green waterproofs.

Anything! I've never done a golfing holiday, but Galvins seem like a good investment too! Nice to see no one has spent stupid money on a putter! Saw one on eBay for £2000 the other day :O

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
my irons and wedges when I bought them from Orka a few years back. Irons are still in the bag and will be till I wear them out, have updated to their newer wedges since as the old ones were pretty worn (albeit still use them to practise nowadays (hopefully will mean the newer ones last a bit longer too)

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just over £600 on my current set of irons - although, nearly £350 of that was made up of pro shop winnings.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Allowing for inflation, a set of McGregor Tourney Custom 985 irons in 1975. £200 from memory. They were beautiful clubs, and I played my best golf with them. Theses days I would have no chance of hitting them.:(

D

Deleted Member 1156

Allowing for inflation, a set of McGregor Tourney Custom 985 irons in 1875. 200 guineas from memory. They were beautiful clubs, and I played my best golf with them. Theses days I would have no chance of hitting them.:(

Nice clubs Rich :thup: