What is the most you have paid for something Golf related?

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
For a single club my Raa Classic putter last January £400 inc fitting. Has it been worth the money, god yes. Best putter performance wise by a mile better then all my Cameron's put together. Sets of clubs, I made up my own last March brand new just over £500 for 4-PW.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
my old membership was £660 a year

close second was my M1 trolley £599

after that my irons £560

so ironically the items I use most I paid the least for out of those 3

D

Deleted member 21258

I think the most I spent on anything golf related was my x14 irons, IIRC I think they were £599 from AG.

Then it will be closely followed by the Sunningdale forum trip. Thinking about it as I type this, as I am paying for Adam as well, that will work out loads more.:(

ruff-driver

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I splurged four figures on a set of vega blades a few years back
took a four figure loss on them too , bit of a niche market :mad:

shivas irons

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
For me it was a set of Ping Eye 2 copper beryllium irons in the early 90's,they cost £800,I used them for 4 years and sold them for £280 :mad:,but generally buying using selling buying again I dread to think how much ive spent,went through a spell of about 10 years looking for those perfect clubs and spending a lot of money :eek:oo:

Last edited:

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Assuming we're talking hardware only it would be my irons which were about £550 fitted, most of that was covered by a good year in club comps and the resultant healthy Pro-Shop account.

Most of my equipment has been bought used and I'm pretty sure I've not paid over £75 for anything else.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Went for a fitting about 5 years back and ordered irons, driver, 3 wood and a hybrid. Think it came to about £850.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Thousands at a time on golf related holidays, but kit wise, my Callaway irons were just short of a grand, and my trolley was 800 odd. I dont really care, as its only money, and if i want to spend it, i can.

rob_golf1

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I'm going to sound like a right cheapo in comparison to some people's purchases but my most expensive purchase was my irons, brand new at £199!

At the time I was a student working part time in a DIY store and it was the first proper bit of golf equipment I had purchased off my own back without help from my Dad. Still to this day I play them and they are in very good condition. Personally don't see the need to chop them in any time soon either!

BomberSRL

Head Pro
Visit site
Thousands at a time on golf related holidays, but kit wise, my Callaway irons were just short of a grand, and my trolley was 800 odd. I dont really care, as its only money, and if i want to spend it, i can.
That is fair enough! How are you getting on with your putter? Just purchased a NC Portafino for £70! Can't wait for it to turn up!

Face breaker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Allowing for inflation, a set of McGregor Tourney Custom 985 irons in 1975. £200 from memory. They were beautiful clubs, and I played my best golf with them. Theses days I would have no chance of hitting them.:(

Sorry to ask buddy but what's the 'MacGregor' stuff like quality wise, is it top, middle or bottom of the goofing gear scale, I only ask as I just picked myself up a VERY tidy little '#4/22* DX hybrid' for a whole 18 quid, seems to be well made, having a couple of niggles with my longer irons so thought I'd give the little beastie a bash for a while, any thoughts/views would be most appreciated... :thup: