Would you have done the same?

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Walking from my car into work today and got a fairly strong whiff of gas. Carried on but thought I should at least go back and check so did and couldn't really smell anything. There might have been a feint whiff but I wasn't sure if it was my senses playing tricks on me!

Anyhow, I phoned the gas leak number just to be safe.

Was I too paranoid? Or did I do the right / sensible thing? I think I know the answer, especially as the bloke on the end of the phone confirmed anyway, but it'll be interesting getting people's views!

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Always taught that if you smell gas in or around a property you call it in.
Outside in an open space not so much as it could be anywhere. But around a building definitely the right thing IMO

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
I am not sure but I think as it was within her boundaries she would have also been billed for the pleasure.

Better than the neighbourhood being blown up tho ha

If I wasn't sure id try find someone else around n see could they smell it , if there was no one around it be safer to report it , get outa there & let the professionals decide ...

Three

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Definitely best to call and tell the experts exactly what you experienced, it's up to them then to assess it and do what's necessary.
Imagine if you didn't report and the place exploded.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
The pros have gas sniffing meters which can tell how much gas is in the air

Always best to report and have it checked out.

We had a meter changed years ago and always thought it was a tad smelly afterwards, when we next had the meter read, the guy said he thought it was leaking and we had the gas guys round within an hour to refit the meter.