I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Forecast was rain all day both days this weekend..
Played two courses and didn't see a drop , rained before and after both days though

Two over handicap yesterday and one over handicap today

Looking forward to my Tee time at 8am tomorrow....

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
I beat him again, I think 37-34 . But the score computer wanted to give me 38 and himself 33. Any way
First time playing to handicap since my knee troubles, so very pleasing, left so many out there too, should have been well over 40

What was pleasing was being able to play 18 holes, without fading badly on the back 9

Getting stronger and fitter 😎

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Texas scramble over 12 holes yesterday. We would have needed 10 birdies and 2 eagles to win. Pointless entering but enjoyable to play.

WHS scramble calculations are 💩

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Great week for me personally

Win on Wednesday in a pairs greensomes with my old man. Always wanted to win one together and now we finally have. Just a shame it wasn’t a board or trophy comp but more opportunities will come!

Friday stag do golf day with 22 guys and I won again with 39 points on a new track shooting a gross 13 over which I was pretty pleased with.

Just need to re-find some distance that I’ve lost in gaining accuracy 😂

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
How much shorter are you off mats during the winter?

We go down to a par 68 for our measured winter course, in most cases it doesn’t make any real difference, one of our par 3’s is actually longer. I’d say only 1 hole is made noticeably easier from the winter course tee.
Not much at all overall. While some of the par 4s are made shorter off the mats, the par 5s are pretty much the same and some of the par 3s are actually longer off mats. So yesterday's combination of grass tees on the par 4s and 5s and mats on the par 3s was about as long as it gets.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Played the old course at Ballyliffin yesterday. Been a long time since I've played it.
Proper old school rumpled links fairways. A little bit of wind to make it intresting.
Couple of bogies early doors and birdie on the 3rd settled the ship.
Going well 1 over through 7 then missed a 3 foot putt on 8 which started a poor run.
Into the wind from an elevated tee on 9 I tried to drive it super low and smother hooked it.
Bad lie from 210 I attended to hit an 18 hybrid and moved it 20 yards. Sliced the next one out right and took 2 chips to get it greenside. Holed out for a quad.
Doubled the next followed by a birdie but the chance of a good score was gone.
Played half decent for the rest of the round which was tough as the majority was into a now fairly stiff wind.
On 18 we turned down wind on the par 5. Hit a lovely drive middle of the fairway. 257 to the pin. 3 wood. Why not..
Gave it an almighty wallop and off it went. When I got up there it was 10 feet from the pin. All good I here you say.
The only issue is I was 60 yards left of the pin I was aiming at and was 10 feet from the 18th pin on the glashedy course.
Big red head on me apologising to the guys putting out and having to wave at the fellas standing back in the fairway waiting to play in.
Duff pitch, a chip and 2 putts and I'm away home with my tail between my legs. 😄

Springveldt

Visit site
Captain's drive in yesterday with a Texas Scramble beforehand. Course was very wet and I suspect it would have been closed on a normal day. Nevertheless we had a very enjoyable day. We all played well but could not make a putt for love nor money.

Ended up with 60.1 points, the winning score was 51! Three par 4s had forward tees and were more like par 3s, and there were 5 temp greens, but even so...
😂 Obviously I know the winners as one of them in my usual playing partner. I guess that can happen when you have a plus golfer and 3 guys who are in the 10-15 range.

They must have made quite a few putts though as I think he said they shot -14 gross.

Mandofred

Visit site
After most of a month getting steadily worse every round.....I changed the direction of my backswing and resulted in 40pts yesterday. I instantly go from being close to just stopping playing for a while to signing up for the medal next weekend. As I've said before, I'm my own worst enemy on the golf course and my head gets in the way too many times.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
😂 Obviously I know the winners as one of them in my usual playing partner. I guess that can happen when you have a plus golfer and 3 guys who are in the 10-15 range.

They must have made quite a few putts though as I think he said they shot -14 gross.
There is definitely an art to picking a scramble team - a mate's team of 3 single figure players and a 36 handicapper were getting 6 points, while our team who ranged from 19 to 25 handicappers got 9 points. Pretty obvious who is going to come out on top there.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
I played yesterday, only 14 holes open, despite a dry day and a half the course was wetter than last weekend, we should have had an interclub knockout today but it was rearranged due to our opponents course being too wet, we have another next Sunday that I do not hold out much hope for.

I didn't play too badly yesterday, I hit some very nice approach shots, we are still on mats though which does make things easier, my back felt reasonable although I was aware of it and maybe it helped my golf as I was only thinking about that and not anything else. it was however quite painful bending over to putt, if that continues I will have to try to lengthen my putter.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I played yesterday, only 14 holes open, despite a dry day and a half the course was wetter than last weekend, we should have had an interclub knockout today but it was rearranged due to our opponents course being too wet, we have another next Sunday that I do not hold out much hope for.

I didn't play too badly yesterday, I hit some very nice approach shots, we are still on mats though which does make things easier, my back felt reasonable although I was aware of it and maybe it helped my golf as I was only thinking about that and not anything else. it was however quite painful bending over to putt, if that continues I will have to try to lengthen my putter.

When I got fitted for my putter I was amazed how much difference a couple of inches made. I’d always used 33/34 inch putters but ended up with a 35”.

A few inches on or off makes a big difference.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Had arranged to play the Tain season opener, which is always the last Sunday in Marc. Picked up one of the other guys and headed off. Fantastic day, bright sunshine, hardly any wind and the promises of it warming up to high teen temps. arrived at a very quite car park. Met the 3rd player and dealing I'm the shop to sign in, the silly bugger hadn't realised the day had changed and the open was yesterday🤣🤣
Just had a bounce game off the back tees, in warm sunshine, short sleeves all round. Flew round the firstb14 holes, last 4 we caught up with the field. Only downside a 3 ball the were playing the 4th shearing clubs when we teed off 14, cut across, fired teo balls through us while we waited for the green to clear, then one of them thinned a ball right at us without a shout on 16 as we sat on the bench on the 17th tee, it hit the steps just a couple of feet away. Not a word. Then playing from the ladies tee on 18 drove the 18th green while we were putting out. Idiots!

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Played yesterday with the youth - haven't had a knock with him for quite a while but he's been coming back from rounds with his buddies telling me he's playing well. Quite please to see he's stepped up a level and his target of single figures this year looks very achievable.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Out early to try and beat any Bank Holiday rush....plan worked perfectly.
Nobody in front all the way round - we have, effectively, 2 9s and a 2 tee start...
Played well apart from 1 hole...
75 blows, 40 points, +4 from the white tees, most of which were back on the plates...including a triple bogey 8 on a par 5....
Just 2 additional bogeys and a birdie meant 14 pars...close to my best round off the whites
One of those days when, almost, everything worked out....
Back down to 5.9 again....Nice.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played in a 4 ball this morning. Course still very wet in places but at least the sun was out. 31 points off my “new” handicap of +2 from the forward tees. I birdied the stroke 18 hole for 2 points😳 and parred the other hole where I gave a shot back for 1 point which the other guys in the group found quite funny.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Out this morning with the FiL and BIL for a bit of a social round. Unfortunately I missed the best of the weather over the Easter weekend, whilst it was sunny for us today it had chucked it down last night so it was a bit boggy in places and we had a few temp greens.

I had to hit 3 off the tee on one hole, which led to a triple but other than that it was pretty steady. 4 birdies helped, and I ended up with a 76. Driver was useless today, but anything 6 iron down was hit very well.

I’m off work all this week, if only the forecast was better…..

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Out this morning with the FiL and BIL for a bit of a social round. Unfortunately I missed the best of the weather over the Easter weekend, whilst it was sunny for us today it had chucked it down last night so it was a bit boggy in places and we had a few temp greens.

I had to hit 3 off the tee on one hole, which led to a triple but other than that it was pretty steady. 4 birdies helped, and I ended up with a 76. Driver was useless today, but anything 6 iron down was hit very well.

I’m off work all this week, if only the forecast was better…..

Looking at the long range forecast, I don’t think we’ll see consistently dry courses until mid May round our neck of the woods..

Teebs

Visit site
The first few comps off the year from the White tees are going to play long with current ground conditions.

The only positive is the temp increases and how far the ball is now travelling (v Winter)