I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
When the wind is strong and from a certain direction some holes on my course can become nigh on unplayable to your handicap playing into it.
The trouble is that, on the downwind holes it makes bugger all difference..!
At times a real gale blowing so to come in shooting 80 for 35 points is pretty pleasing...
Our 6th, slightly downhill, 400 yards and definitely into the teeth of it today...I hit a decent driver and a decent 4 wood and I'm still 40 yards short.
Got in before the rain came down as well....

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
When the wind is strong and from a certain direction some holes on my course can become nigh on unplayable to your handicap playing into it.
The trouble is that, on the downwind holes it makes bugger all difference..!
At times a real gale blowing so to come in shooting 80 for 35 points is pretty pleasing...
Our 6th, slightly downhill, 400 yards and definitely into the teeth of it today...I hit a decent driver and a decent 4 wood and I'm still 40 yards short.
Got in before the rain came down as well....
Flippin eck if I creamed a drive and 3 wood down hill with following wind I would still be 40 yds short. 😁👍

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
On Tuesday on our par three 17th 165yds downhill. Pin at the very back. I tickled a 3 wood into the green. My hands were that far down the shaft, me thumb was on the Hozel. Anyway it hit the green and the ball rolled past the Hole. It then looked like the ball rolled off the back of the green. I was effin and jeffin all the way down to the green. A pal then shouts the ball is on the green and near the pin. I thought he was winding me up. I got 15 yds from the green and me ball had settled 5 ft from the pin in the shadow of the flag.Which is why we thought it had disappeared off the back of the green. Birdie putt lipped out ☹️ but it won me £9.50 for nearest the pin. 😁

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Got out this afternoon for 9 holes. Been a while, I am looking forward to the clocks changing and getting evenings of golf in.
Everything was all okay, I had been working in the back garden on my chipping.. nothing special just hitting to a bucket.
Which seems to have paid off as I was getting more accurate and confident.
The driver was flying well, but there was no run out of note.

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
Super quick back 9 in 1:20 before the rain hit.

2 weeks ago I was crushing long irons, today I cannot stop myself from pull hooking them. Annoyed!

No score, just good to get out.

Lowlight, 3 hooked 4 irons trying to work things out on 14…

Highlight was a chip in birdie on 12

Attachments

• 7CA16E26-C2B1-4A1F-BD5D-E36684D5253A.jpeg
    7CA16E26-C2B1-4A1F-BD5D-E36684D5253A.jpeg
    135.1 KB · Views: 3

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Had our annual visit to Dunstanburgh yesterday. Forecast wasn't great, but apart from a ten minute shower early on, it stayed dry, and the sun even came out later on. The wind was pretty fierce though, every hole on the front 9 seemed to be into the teeth of a gale.

It was great to be hitting off dry fairways and actually seeing some run on the ball. Greens were lovely, very fast.

All in all, a very enjoyable day.

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
Woodhall Spa Hotchkin in 30mph winds, golly what a battering 🤣

On a course where accuracy is paramount I was spraying it everywhere. Bunkers, penal. Rough, penal. Heather, penal. Greens, fast, and easy to race one by. Every shot required your full attention.

Anyway, +17 with 4 lost balls 7/15 fairways, 6 GIR and 33 putts. By no means good but still thoroughly entertaining.

Couldn’t fault the greens and fairways, impeccable condition.

Visit site
Played at Crook today. Very quiet, just how we like it. Started well and then the course got the better of me. Some confusing greens and fringes. It was very difficult to work out which ones would run on and which ones would plug. So a bit of a lottery but I suppose we're at that time of year. Shot a slightly frustrating 86.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Four of us drove down the coast today to play a different course as our course is still suffering from the wet weather. We played at Axe Cliff. Not one of James Braids best courses 🤡🐭 Far too many blind tee shots and crazy holes for my liking. On the plus side, the bacon baps were good before we started and I didn’t have to clean the mud off my shoes afterwards.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Our Foundation Day 4BBB Stableford today.....
Playing off 85% of our CH me and my partner got 7 and 9 respectively..
And we were off the Whites...First time this year.....quite daunting as it makes a huge difference on some holes..
Well, we cam in with 21 out, 19 back
40 points and we're 19th out of 57....respectable
45 points won it....

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Roll up this morning in glorious sunshine. Struck it lovely for 20 points front nine but it was very, very slow so lost it a bit on the back. Still, happy with 35 points and a slice of the pot!

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
At last…a lovely warm sunny day - albeit that there was still a chill in the air when the sun was hidden.

And so played in the rollup up and knocked round in a very tidy 3 over gross for 41pts. Could even have been a little better but let’s not be greedy, the main swing-thing I was trying out for the first time after a lesson a few weeks back worked well. Got me an equal first with another two lads and so pocketed a magnificent £5.30 winnings. Roll on happy days.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Went out this morning. Course was still wet and soft as turd, but the weather was amazing! Sun out and t-shirt weather all the way round - it's been sorely missed.

I played really well too. Lost a few shots to horrible muddy lies, and my tee shots were a little wayward, but my putter was on absolute flames - 28 putts for the round which has to be a new record low for me! One of those days where I felt like everything had a chance of going in. Unfortunately I cocked up the last hole with a blob leaving me on 33 points and a gross 86, but I was really happy with that given how muddy it still is, and the fact it represents a slight return to form perhaps. Also, the tees were back on grass on the par 4s so the course playing a lot longer with zero roll on the fairways.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Captain's drive in yesterday with a Texas Scramble beforehand. Course was very wet and I suspect it would have been closed on a normal day. Nevertheless we had a very enjoyable day. We all played well but could not make a putt for love nor money.

Ended up with 60.1 points, the winning score was 51! Three par 4s had forward tees and were more like par 3s, and there were 5 temp greens, but even so...

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Captain's drive in yesterday with a Texas Scramble beforehand. Course was very wet and I suspect it would have been closed on a normal day. Nevertheless we had a very enjoyable day. We all played well but could not make a putt for love nor money.

Ended up with 60.1 points, the winning score was 51! Three par 4s had forward tees and were more like par 3s, and there were 5 temp greens, but even so...
That's odd. I wasn't playing yesterday but Club V1 sent a course closed due to wet weather message 🤔

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
That's odd. I wasn't playing yesterday but Club V1 sent a course closed due to wet weather message 🤔
It was an incredibly badly worded message. It meant to say "course closed for general play, but open for the competition", but the notification truncated the second part, so if you just glanced at it, and didn't open it, you would have thought the course was closed!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
It was an incredibly badly worded message. It meant to say "course closed for general play, but open for the competition", but the notification truncated the second part, so if you just glanced at it, and didn't open it, you would have thought the course was closed!
I'm pleased I wasn't due to play, I wouldn't have turned up 😯.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Went out this morning. Course was still wet and soft as turd, but the weather was amazing! Sun out and t-shirt weather all the way round - it's been sorely missed.

I played really well too. Lost a few shots to horrible muddy lies, and my tee shots were a little wayward, but my putter was on absolute flames - 28 putts for the round which has to be a new record low for me! One of those days where I felt like everything had a chance of going in. Unfortunately I cocked up the last hole with a blob leaving me on 33 points and a gross 86, but I was really happy with that given how muddy it still is, and the fact it represents a slight return to form perhaps. Also, the tees were back on grass on the par 4s so the course playing a lot longer with zero roll on the fairways.

How much shorter are you off mats during the winter?

We go down to a par 68 for our measured winter course, in most cases it doesn’t make any real difference, one of our par 3’s is actually longer. I’d say only 1 hole is made noticeably easier from the winter course tee.