I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
First round for a couple of weeks yesterday, giving my back a try out, I played at Hedden Bridge, a little 9 hole course high on the hills, it is a bit quirky but enjoyable, i had a shocking first 8 holes but played the last 10 under my handicap and happily didn't feel too bad afterwards.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Talk about a game of 2 halves.......
6 over after 5 holes and I was all for going for breakfast after 9......no luck, no joy, no rhythm and even less feel...
Steadied the ship a little with 2 pars but another bogey, albeit at the most difficult hole on the course, didn't help.
Got to the turn 7 over (15 points) and not looking forward to the more difficult 9 to come....
7 fairways hit, 9 GiR, 18 putts later and I'd rattled off 9 pars to finish 7 over.....
Don't ask - no idea....
1st comp of the year on Wednesday....more of that 9 on the other 9 would be nice....

Springveldt

Visit site
Played on Saturday and hit the ball ok but putting was probably the worst I've ever seen it. The putting mat will be out this week, just couldn't get anything online, was pulling an pushing everything. This was my strokes gained compared to a 5 handicap in Shot Scope.

20240316_154156000_iOS.png

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You know it is going to end up being one of those days when

Our 11 adjoins the 5th. Whilst I was playing the 11th (par 5) a player who is playing the 5th suddenly appears walking across from the left had side of the 11th towards his ball which is just off our fairway. I am at my ball but decide to let him play, crunch as the ball hits a tree and runs behind me, chunked my second shot, get to my third shot just on the start of the swing hear a thwack from the 5th tee and a crunch as the ball hits a tree level with me, made me jump so much my club flew out of my hand just as I hit my ball.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played 11 holes with a very good mate who is getting back into playing after a horrific push bike accident. He's now held together with metal pins. Plays off 7, he's 69. Despite his injuries, he's still fights for everything and beat me on the 9th (we were only going to play 9), but that was because I hit my "mat", damn things. He played brilliant as usual, but I, for once manage to keep up with him. He was quite shocked, and pleased for me. My game is back after a shocking year last year. He wanted to carry on, but I was not being the one who gets the blame for making him play too many before he was ready and cried off after we play 1 and 9 again. He really is quite a marvel.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played my bi weekly match play with my mate

Level after 9

2 down going into 8

He said no chance your leveling today

He then pulled his tee, I smashed mine straight onto the green.. 1 down with 1 to play

He then lost a ball on 18 whilst I just steady golf for the win

Take that

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Played in a charity texas scramble comp at Royal Dornoch yesterday. Fantastic day, blazing sunshine, course in amazing condition. Played well, putted like a demon, we came awfully close to the winning 55 with a net 60……

Today we played Brora, T-shirt weather for some. Glorious sunshine, 14 degrees and course in fabulous nick. Didn’t strike the ball anywhere near as good as yesterday but the company was great and had fun on an excellent track.

Mandofred

Visit site
Went out by myself this morning, first person at 7am. I'd been playing so badly lately I needed to try a few changes...... (y), a LOT better....at least there is hope now. Almost as important as fixing my swing.....they are cutting grass on about half of the course that is a bit drier.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
14 holes open today. Course was still pretty wet and muddy, but a good bit better than it was on Saturday. 13 and 14 should not have been open though.

Played well in the main, had 26 points after 11 holes. Could have been a fair bit better, but no putts were dropping. Then finished 7-7-7* to end up with an underwhelming 27 :cautious:

*and I lost my mat on one of the last 3 holes. what a terrible way to finish after playing well.

Last edited:

Albo

Visit site
I played Monday, had a 6 on the par 3 10th and had 5 x 3 putts. And shot 79.
I didn’t even feel like I struck the ball well other than driver

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
A cheeky 9 holes today
Teed off at 4.20pm in the sunshine.

Played ok and was -2 in the middle of the 8th fairway with 130 to the green so naturally I hit my Pw 150 into the crap.

A birdie on 9 and signed for -1

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Fifteen holes this afternoon before we lost the light. Hit it lovely again, but my usually reliable short game was a bit off, in part because of the damage caused round the greens by the incessant rain.

Still, it was nice to feel some warmth in the air at last.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Nice and warm on the heath today. 37 points for 17 holes in play. 9th closed as a new path is being put in. Back nine in two over gross was nice.

Greens nearly fully recovered from coring only done last week. Warm wet weather perfect conditions for recovery.(y)