I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Another winter league match today, starting out without the rain, but very much playing the last 6 or 7 holes in the wet.

Good form continuing, ended up with a personal score of 71. My last 3 rounds have been 72,71,71 so the work is really paying off, especially the work with the wedges.

Even with that round, it wasn’t enough to win our match, which we lost 2&1. Added up what our score would have been as a 4bbb and it would have been a gross 64, so the whole group was playing well.
That’s some shooting, is that 1 or 2 over for your last 3 rounds 👏🏻👏🏻

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Managed to sneak out of work early today as the weather was absolutely glorious and I couldn't miss the opportunity.

Along with the speed work, I've also signed up to a subscription based website, run by Liam Robinson (some of you may know him or his group, TGN). I've only been doing his drills for a very short time but they're mainly indoor towel drills and more about getting you moving in the right way.

Anyway, first hole, absolutely rip my driver and was left with an 8 iron into the green, which I hit and two putted for a stress free par.

2nd hole, back pin, measuring 157, I hit my 6 iron and proceeded to flush it straight over the green and made a double.

3rd, short par 4, drove just short of the green, nearly chipped in for an eagle and settled for a birdie.

Game was very tidy throughout, the drills seem to be paying off, as does the speed work. I was striking the ball purely all day.

Got to the 18th tee 10 over, birdie would have got me in the 70s for the first time ever at Leighton Buzzard. Ripped my 4 iron straight into the trees on the right and had to reload, damn.

Finished with a double for a 12 over 83, my best round at LB for a while and it so easily could have been better. Feeling super positive with the way things are going.

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
Getting back into golf

Went to the driving range yesterday and my dad took video on his tablet so I could have a look.

Was going across the line at the top, due to a flying right elbow. Quick Google gave me a fix of rotating my right forearm at address so it can't flare on the back swing.

Played 9 holes today, long game was near perfect hit every fairway, mid irons were all on target, I either over clubbed missing the green or missing by only a few yards left.

Chipping still atrocious, but best long game for a long time.

Hope the fix lasts a bit

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Played a friendly knock this morning.

Most clubs round our way are shut and, whilst our front nine remains in pretty good nick, the lower lying back nine is a bog. The buggy ban isn’t enough - it should be shut.

Hit it okay, scored pretty well but it was cold, damp and windy. Liking winter golf less and less I’m afraid.

Kilbey

Visit site
Our course has been closed for 11 days, so we had a few holes yesterday at a local pay and play course linked to a hotel. It was a bit of exercise and fresh air, but I can fully understand why we're closed!

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
first round for a week today thanks to an offer on a Facebook group to get signed in as a guest at Stockport. The course was on full greens and most of the normal tees, no mats either, which took a couple of holes to get used to. The course was wet but very playable and I had a lovely round to two of the chaps from the FB group. I hit the ball well off the tee and my second shots were decent, but i was woeful on and around the greens, did have a nice birdie on 16 though.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
West Course at Saunton today. Kind weather, sunny intervals and light winds. Didn't even need preferred lies. Played decent too.

hoorah for links courses in winter!!
Unfortunately, the nearest links course to me is Hayling, which is 90 miles away so it looks like a muddy winter for me. 😢

Springveldt

Visit site
Unfortunately, the nearest links course to me is Hayling, which is 90 miles away so it looks like a muddy winter for me. 😢
Up here in the Northumberland it's been so wet even the links courses have been struggling. I know Newbiggin was closed for 2 days this week, the rain has been that bad. The parkland course that I'm also a member of, I've no idea when that will be back to 18 holes based on some of the pictures I've seen of it lately.

Not much rain in the forecast for next week and I'm off from Tuesday so hopefully I'll be able to get out for a game while the wife and kids are at work/school.

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
West Course at Saunton today. Kind weather, sunny intervals and light winds. Didn't even need preferred lies. Played decent too.

hoorah for links courses in winter!!
I'm moving back to Devon in the spring, saunton is still a bit of a drive, but definitely thinking of saunton as an option

Though you be fair saunton is a bit of a drive from everywhere

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk

I'm 120 from Saunton, I go at least once a month. I'll make that once a fortnight from now till Spring. Home course will be mucky till March unless we get some freaky dry weather! There's a nice b&b nearby for overnight stays.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Out early today to a deserted course.....barely saw anyone all morning.
Best weather for several days - weird
Played very solidly, took 17 points from the front 9 and 18 from the back when we called it a day after the 16th as CVG's back was getting stiff
35 from 16 with no birdies is pretty decent.
Several dry days coming up so we may be back normal conditions by Monday.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Day off today... our little girl was at home today but managed to get out the door for a quick round at 13:40! Course pretty empty to made it round in 2 hours 20 before dark.

Played really well after a ropey start - blobbed 6th and 7th but no further slip-ups after that. Shot 81 in the end with nine pars. Delighted with that. Was striking the ball really well (for me anyway) and putting well too which all helps.

Measured two of my better-struck drives on my app - 178 and 188 yards. 🤣 There's winter golf with no roll for you. When that ball change comes in my 5 wood is going to be worn out hitting it for 12 approaches per round. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Last edited:

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm 120 from Saunton, I go at least once a month. I'll make that once a fortnight from now till Spring. Home course will be mucky till March unless we get some freaky dry weather! There's a nice b&b nearby for overnight stays.
I’m closer to Saunton than you by 10 miles. 😁 A real pain to get there though from Weymouth.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
After a two week closure, front nine only open today. My first time on the course for 4 weeks.
Double on the first, then only 3-over for the next 8.
Could have been better, but 17 putts is not good. Just needed to hole a couple to play to handicap. Lack of practice. ;)