I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
2nd game of the weekend (2 diff courses)
Just as hot as yesterday but thankful for a bit of a breeze today

Played really solid and managed a new PB of 81 gross
Christmas has come early 😁
28 putts, no 3 putts and 6 x 1 putts and a pile of tap in 2nd putts

CH was 13 and played to full length with no temps etc (cos it's summer)

Santa has his work cut out tomorrow topping that 🎅

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Out this morning for a Christmas Eve three-ball - xmas jumpers on. Sadly there was a ridiculous 45mph wind up which makes some of our holes borderline unplayable (the ones where it's left to right wind and trouble on the right!). Some pitching woes with the ground like mashed potato as well. Consequently another shocking round for me, just like last week. Shot 90 for 28 points. Cannot wait for winter to be over.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Out this morning for a Christmas Eve three-ball - xmas jumpers on. Sadly there was a ridiculous 45mph wind up which makes some of our holes borderline unplayable (the ones where it's left to right wind and trouble on the right!). Some pitching woes with the ground like mashed potato as well. Consequently another shocking round for me, just like last week. Shot 90 for 28 points. Cannot wait for winter to be over.
Courses like this need to be using mats. Hitting off a mat is much more enjoyable than getting covered in mud.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Myself and Mrs wedge went for our first Christmas breakfast in Scotland….. played the front 9 at Ladybank with mince pies after the first🎅😁🏌️‍♂️🏌️‍♂️
First course I ever played in Scotland .
It was a great course but can’t remember much now it was a long time ago.

East Renfrewshire is still the best we played up there a real stunning course!

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Sharpley Golf in the north east always leave the gates open and invite people to have a free round on Christmas Day. As we’re celebrating Christmas tomorrow this year, it would’ve been rude not to!

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Arrived at Newport at 8.20 this morning, and I was the first car in the car park.

Several folk booked around us didn't show and we were first game out. Very nice game in decent conditions.

Nice way of walking off the previous day's excesses!

Phil Price was on the putting green practicing the whole time we were in the bar after! He certainly still puts the hours in!

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
First time out since popping my knee in November, chopped it around in a 4 club wind for **** & giggles and a giggle it was. Yet again we found that billy Botox’s handicap traveled well which is becoming increasing annoying!

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
First time out since popping my knee in November, chopped it around in a 4 club wind for **** & giggles and a giggle it was. Yet again we found that billy Botox’s handicap traveled well which is becoming increasing annoying!
Don't hate the player, hate the game. And don't hate me shooting 80, (handicap) in a three club wind. Same conditions for all! 😘
Chipping in on the first I think set the tone... and the swear count from you boys. 🤣
Still, lovely company and great to be playing, even if our shoes weighed a ton with all the mud caked on them!

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
32 points in really boggy conditions but we’re very lucky to have 18 holes open when the back nine should be shut. Hitting it really nicely still but struggled on very slow greens.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Flicked it round with a mate who I'd heard was back at the club but not seen. Met up randomly on the first tee, he was with another mate and was going round the front nine again. Smashing greeting with him as we met up. Great catch up with him. I played like a god. 7 pars two bogeys, and I should have pared them! His mate was a cracking player. Obviously could play. Apparently was off 3 when younger. He's just getting back into the game. Played with some old Macgregor clubs. When he ditches them and gets a more up to date set and gets his consistancy back he will be off 10 no problem.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Played the front 9 only as the back 9 is a marsh.

Put my "modern" driver in for a laugh, Titleist 909D.

There's no doubt that the 460cc driver gives a huge advantage in these conditions when there's no roll, I was in places my 190cc drivers just wouldn't get me to and scored two under handicap, despite only having a half set and missing a couple of short putts.
(Other clubs were a Ben Sayers laminated 3 wood, Nicoll Henry Cotton 4,6,8 & PW and a basic brass headed putter)