I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played yesterday and took out my brand new irons and driver for the first time. 3 over front nine 1 under coming home. Happy with that score for a first outing. I couldn’t believe the difference between my 11 year old 910 and the new TSR3. Roll on the new season next spring.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Cancelled my tee time today.
Nicest day for a long time up here.
Spent 5 hrs in the walk in centre with a chest infection.
There not pleasant as you get older.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Don't often post on here - especially as I've been playing awfully - really awfully - for about 6 months. But today was a bit better. Had a bit of advice from the Pro, and a couple of observations from fellow players which I've tried to act on. And lo, tee shots were generally OK, as were second shots from of the fairway. (Yes, I know, off the fairway :)). Bunker play was terrible but so be it - can't expect everything to come right at once. But generally, happy as I came off at the end - the best I've hit the ball for months. And have a better feeling that I can hopefully put the worst of the past 6months behind me and play a bit closer to my capability. :)

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Played yesterday morning and apart from the silly double on the 3rd, it was a near perfect round for me. Made an excellent birdie on the 5th which is a 500 yard par 5.

I know it's always easy to say, but I left a couple of shots out there too, the bogey on 13 should have been an easy par, but I left my first putt woefully short.

My swing feels great and I'm hitting the ball so purely in terms of strike too.

My best round of the year and I can feel that I'm going to finally break 80 at LB soon. Card went in and got a 0.7 cut back down to 14.5.

Screenshot-20231216-140945-Garmin-Golf.jpg

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Rollup Christmas yesterday so good turnout. Off forward tees managed to put together a tidy 40pts and level par back 9 - though given a par 4 was playing as a par 3 more like 39 - but that’s still fine. Head seems to have got its around what’s needed to strike an iron better and closer to half decent. And it’s working for ‘woods’ also. Feel game is in a good place for next year, so home CH of 6 or 7 look realistic.

Winner had 45, second 44…numerically not far off a little prize, however…🙄 No matter.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Having played well on Friday and over the last several weeks, I felt confident entering the Stableford comp today. Idiot. Played absolute 🐶💩. Blobbed the second (chipping nightmare out of the mud), the 5th (carved tee shot out of bounds on a strong left-to-right wind) and the 7th (I still can't do winter bunkers). There was no coming back from it this time. Just had all sorts of rubbish with near enough every club in the bag.

91 gross vs the 81 I scored just two days ago. What a stupid game.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
First game in almost 4 weeks at Tain. Very windy, but front 9 down wind. Hit it ok at was 2 under for the front 9. Turning back into the wind was a different story. Was unlucky with putting today, had a load of lip outs. Plus side it was vey mild for the time of year, 15deg by the afternoon.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Won the roll up Christmas event on Saturday on countback (21 for back 9) and made £80. Sadly the rules decree the winner must buy a drink for everyone but still cleared £35. Even managed to not score on one hole. Shot level handicap yesterday, not scoring on the easiest hole thanks to a ball in a bunker with no discernible stance to hit it. If I can eradicate the car crash holes and keep fit it is looking promising for 2024. Felt I swung the club ugly both days but getting it round in tricky conditions

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
22 points front nine 17 points back nine, only five holes. Took the money front, back and overall. Played awesome. Made the game look easy. Lord knows where it came from. Took a lot of banter in the clubhouse afterwards

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Out as a 3 ball just before 8...not really scoring just out for the social and exercise
Got to the 10th and there was a sign on the tee...County Card Xmas Bash Nearest the Pin. :unsure:
No notifications via the usual channels of there being a Society or any events going on......
Everything ground to a halt on the 13th.?.
Haven't been able to find out any details but there was a "Society" of 29 that went from the 10th.
A bit peeved that nobody knew about it...we'd have started on the 10th if we'd known and missed them
As it is, after taking an hour to play 3 holes we walked in.......
We think this was a group that had to change venue due to the original being closed ..might find out later.....
Annoying.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Played in the Christmas adult/junior scramble yesterday. Had good fun with my lad and a new junior who was out on the course for only the second time.

Our course was in outstanding condition given it was partially submerged last week.

I’m glad we were out first as it was slow going behind us.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Christmas 4ball alliance today, I manged to do more than my share of scoring so I'm quite happy with how I was striking it

But boy was it hot, real feel near 40 degrees and humid as hell, but still lots of fun

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Last roll up before Christmas and, as always, a great turnout. A fun team event, and the winning team did the decent thing and put the winnings in the Prostate Cancer charity box.

Hit it lovely again this morning but have to say our back nine should be shut or, at the very least, carry only. It’s an absolute bog.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Played Fortrose on Friday, didn’t drive the ball particularly well but was really tidy around the greens and never had a 3 putt 😳
Nice little win with 38 points 😀