I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Had an hour's session on the Toptracer range near me earlier. 20 ball warm up followed by playing different games and challenges. Swinging the clubs quite nicely, definitely noticed a drop off in distance due to the range balls but did a driver smash at the end and got one out at 245 and even had one that went over the fence and got a warning on the screen 😂

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I've still got a knackered right hand - sitting here with an ice pack on it and typing 1 finger left handed..
Went out with CVG with the intention of just putting..
Decided to try some half swings and it didn't feel bad at all.
Tee shots were OK, off the ground not so much.
But got round 9 scoring 14 points so can't be too unhappy.
And the hand was no worse....
Not ready to return to full action yet but it's on the mend..

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Seven clubs in a light carry bag, struggled with the driver (Ryder laminated) for some reason, drives under 20 yards on the 1st and 3rd holes plus several other shockers!

30 points but an enjoyable day and because of the format of the small roll-up (sixes, best scores on the first, second and third six holes) I ended up winning back my £3 stake plus £3 profit.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
18 points with a stoopid blob on our back nine, and 19 points on the par three course, nine holes. Those 19 points were enough to win the back nine for £17. Missed out on the overall by 1 point but oh my the putting gods were against me today. Must of had 4/5 lip outs 😖

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Brookmans Park for a mate's birthday today - six of us so two groups of three, including my wife.

Hadn't played it before, playing very long in the winter conditions - especially with three par 5s on the front nine, or four for ladies! So driver off every hole except par 3s and several holes I couldn't reach in regulation. Really cold today as well, temperature drop to about 5° I think, had to get the baselayer out.

A mixed bag on the front nine, with two pars but two doubles and a blob so hit the turn with 15 points. Better back nine with three more pars and only one more double after a sliced drive on the 17th, so 19 coming in for 34 overall. Felt like I played really well, didn't really hit many bad shots that I can remember, just really tough in the cold conditions and long holes. 89 gross so was happy I snuck in under 90.

My score was only good enough for 2nd place, as one of our mates who doesn't play regularly, we have him off 36 but he went on a mad one today and shot 47 points. 🤣 He'll be getting a cut for next time... My wife did quite well considering she has to walk now we're out of buggy season, 27 points but didn't really play the last hole as she hit the wrong ball on her second shot and it was too late to go back and redo it. 🤣

I was using another one of the balls the Titleist rep from H4H gave me - Tour Soft - and this was awful as well. It was cut to pieces before I'd even played nine holes let alone 18. I'm starting to think the ones they give out as freebies are the ones that didn't pass quality control to sell them!

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Our greens were spiked with solid cores to a depth of 14”.
They needed it but are shocking to putt on .
We shot 8 under gross in a Texas scramble.
Great laugh and enjoyed the company.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
First game for a couple of weeks yesterday. 12 holes open. Was freezing to start with, but turned into a lovely morning, Sunny and no wind.

My golf was the usual mixture of good, bad and indifferent. Was an inch away from a birdie on our SI2, putt from 6 ft was agonisingly short. Was gutted as have never had a 3 on there.

Both knees have been playing up recently and would have been happy just to play 9. Was on 18 points after 9 but had 3 poor holes after that to finish on 20. All in all, very enjoyable,even if the knees were throbbing all afternoon.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Is it not quite late to do this? With the weather turning cold, will they not struggle to close up?
It hasn’t taken cores out just solid tines.

The course has been great but the greens have been very wet for a long time they were just saturated.
The holes will probably stay open now for winter. I think that’s the plan!
There shocking to put on but it’s a walk in the park in winter.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Interesting one today..
Doing a favour for a mate's son..he's doing A level PE and had to produce a video of him playing his specified sport.
It had to be in competition too.
Stableford today
We arranged it about a month ago..
Weather was cold, drizzly and breezy.....perfect :rolleyes:
He played like a knob, the battery in the video camera was temperamental and the drizzle was getting on the lens so you couldn't see anything anyway..:ROFLMAO:
We carried on as we were in the comp.
I played fairly solidly, 18 out, 16 back when the wind got up even more
4 points off top spot so can't be that disgruntled
Good news is, after playing half shots to protect my hand, on the back 9 it was feeling OK so I hit some "proper" shots...
No pain...could be fixed.
Hussah!!