I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Vets 4 ball matchplay today. Won on the 17th, not going to mention that one of the opponents had 16 holes he had a shot on, also my partner giving the stroke from his handicap had a wrist injury and probably shouldn't have played.

Dingy

Visit site
Played again today, score wasn't great because of my putting. However I didn't hit a slice all day so looks like I've got rid of it. Mostly straight or a baby draw and one baby fade.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Had a bit of an odd one yesterday. We had a group away day at the Isle of Wedmore.

I had a partial horror round with 3 blobs on the card and ended with only 31 points. The guy I was marker for shot 43 points.
Imagine my surprise when it came to prize giving - I was second.

On the day was we had 2 par 3s with nearest the pin. Only one player finished on the green on one hole and only one player finished on the green on the other. The second green was me with a nearest the pin distance of around 40 ft I was within a couple of ft of going off the back of the green.

The course has 6 par 3s and only one player got a 2.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Club matchplay KO today. Giving 5 shots and got off to a bad start and was 4 down after 6 holes. All square going down the last giving a shot. Opponent chipped in for a 3 nett 2, game over. It didn’t help that I left my wedge in my locker and needed it for at least three full shots.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
It has taken 2 months but i have finally found some form this season, yeasterday was a 4BBB and I played decently and putted well we scored a decent 42 points and only could have only scored a couple more, the winning score was 45 points.
Today I had a matchplay game in our knockout, I was giving 7 shots and I played out of my skin, taking concessions into account I went round in 4 over par, I need to as I only won on the last green.
Hopefully I have turned a corner and can continue this form for a few weeks, its the county championship on Sunday, I feel a lot better about it than I did a week or aso ago

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Club HC KO today

Giving 20 shots

Level par after 11 - lost 8&7 😂😂

Think that’s the last year I’ll enter
We got knocked out of our greensomes comp 7&6 by a pair containing a 30hc. He chipped like Mickleson. We only dropped 5 shots and would have needed to go under par to have won.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Played Royal St David's today in excellent weather. Managed 30 points which was decent enough.
The course was in excellent condition and the rough is growing nicely!

A few years since last visit, I'd forgotten how good some of the holes are.

My mate is a country member, so I was charged the princely sum of £35 for the privilege!😁😁

D

Deleted member 15344

We got knocked out of our greensomes comp 7&6 by a pair containing a 30hc. He chipped like Mickleson. We only dropped 5 shots and would have needed to go under par to have won.

It seems to happen a lot more in matchplay these days , I vowed last year not to play in the HC one but entered it again , but that’s me done with them.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
7:46am tee time in the comp today.
4-over after 4 including a three-putt double bogey, then 2-over for the next 14.
Gives me a 4.5 to replace a 4.6 from an away course that was disappearing from the 20.
No change to HI of 4.7.

(EDIT: Came equal 15th out of 130 entrants. Some very big scores today, but winner was nett 65 on a 70.8/132 course)

Last edited:

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Roll up this morning. The course looks absolutely fantastic tee to green and is playing very fair, but the second cut is absolutely brutal. And I mean savagely brutal.

Unfortunately, as our roll up is very mixed in terms of ability, with HI’s ranging from 0.3 up to 20+, that means that invariably there is at least one person in each group in the cabbage on every hole. The same applied to the groups on the course both in front and behind us.

The result of all that is a 3-ball friendly stableford taking over 4 1/2 hours despite being out just after 8am.

Tomorrow’s comp is in 4-balls off the back tees and the forecast is for it to be much breezier than today. So 5 hours minimum, even for the early starters. I’ve given up my slot as I have no wish to spend that length of time searching for golf balls.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Roll up this morning. The course looks absolutely fantastic tee to green and is playing very fair, but the second cut is absolutely brutal. And I mean savagely brutal.

Unfortunately, as our roll up is very mixed in terms of ability, with HI’s ranging from 0.3 up to 20+, that means that invariably there is at least one person in each group in the cabbage on every hole. The same applied to the groups on the course both in front and behind us.

The result of all that is a 3-ball friendly stableford taking over 4 1/2 hours despite being out just after 8am.

Tomorrow’s comp is in 4-balls off the back tees and the forecast is for it to be much breezier than today. So 5 hours minimum, even for the early starters. I’ve given up my slot as I have no wish to spend that length of time searching for golf balls.
Me and Fragger were due to play the Medal today.
As per our hybrid booking system, comps on Saturdays are all booked and a 1 tee start.
Earliest time we could get was 2.20pm
Tee sheet completely full, Medal play, fairways running fast, greens even faster.....had 4 1/2 hours written all over it.
Some big scores coming in and it looks like over 4 hours for the rounds
Feeling glad I had a day off.....