I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Yesterday evening. Midweek HCap KO match. All I had to do was two putt the last and I’d won. I three putted what should have been a straightforward two putt and lost first extra hole. Not been so annoyed with myself for losing a match in a long time.

My state of mind wasn’t helped by a four ball of pros practicing for the Clutch Pro Tour comp that’s on at the club this week…we were waiting every shot after we caught them on the fourth. Perhaps we gave them too much respect by not asking to play through as we rather hoped they’d let us through. Over 4 hours for 18 holes singles match was a bit frustrating - but no excuses for my three putt. Just 🤬

Last edited:

Dingy

Visit site
Played yesterday and didn't have a good score, putting was terrible, but my driving was much improved and I'm now confident enough to tempt fate and say I no longer have to worry about slicing my drives.

peld

Visit site
Had a mini weekend away playing the Torrance at Fairmont St Andrews, then Scotscraig the day after (with a night in Dundee in between)

Fairmont was spoiled by the weather. Despite a good forecast, it was freezing when we arrived, the front nine was ok, but then the back 9 the haar came in along with drizzle. Could barely see 100 yards. Feet were soaking, couldnt see out my glasses, miserable. Which was a shame as course was looking great, and the greens fantastic. (There was a Tartan Tour event the day after so the course was full of pros practicing)

Scotscraig the day after - the weather looked great as we were having breakfast, but by 10am the skys were dark and it started to rain as I hit my second shot down the first. Fortunately it improved and was ok through most of the round, then sods law the sun was glorious as we teed off on the 18th! Really loved Scotscraig - played well which helped - the greens were fantastic but the design was big feature - i loved the way it seemed set in to surrounds rather than "built" - the 7th especially.

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
First round of my work society knockout trophy which I won last year. Giving 19 shots, I played very sensibly, keeping the ball in play as much as possible and just doing the basics right.

Ended up winning 3&2, was a tight match but I stuck to my game plan and it paid off.

Bobthesock

Visit site
Had a mini weekend away playing the Torrance at Fairmont St Andrews, then Scotscraig the day after (with a night in Dundee in between)

Fairmont was spoiled by the weather. Despite a good forecast, it was freezing when we arrived, the front nine was ok, but then the back 9 the haar came in along with drizzle. Could barely see 100 yards. Feet were soaking, couldnt see out my glasses, miserable. Which was a shame as course was looking great, and the greens fantastic. (There was a Tartan Tour event the day after so the course was full of pros practicing)

Scotscraig the day after - the weather looked great as we were having breakfast, but by 10am the skys were dark and it started to rain as I hit my second shot down the first. Fortunately it improved and was ok through most of the round, then sods law the sun was glorious as we teed off on the 18th! Really loved Scotscraig - played well which helped - the greens were fantastic but the design was big feature - i loved the way it seemed set in to surrounds rather than "built" - the 7th especially.
Played scotscraig 2 weeks ago and I agree. It's a great layout and the greens were outstanding 👍

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Good round tonight. Finally put 2 good 9s together for first time in a while.
3 over and dropped shots coming in on 16 and 18. 16 I went pin hunting to a tight pin. 18 hit an almighty snap hook out of nowhere after booming nice fade drives all night.
Holed alot of 4 foot par putts tonight. Made for some stress on the greens but overall happy with the round.
5 out of my last 6 rounds now are counting so things are going well.

Springveldt

Visit site
Played in the mid week sweep last night which only had 22 people enter due to a county even taking all tee times until 3pm yesterday. Golf is such a fickle game, got hammered in my knockout on Sunday were I couldn't keep it on the planet and could not hole a putt yet last night was the polar opposite. Have done nothing between the rounds, even last night it was straight out the car, pay entry and straight onto first tee. Shot 71 (+1, -0.1 differential) for 40 points, a 0.5 cut and down to my lowest ever index of 3.5. Had a 76 dropping off so was expecting a raise but it was just one of those nights were I found a feel with my driver and irons and the hole looked like a bucket when putting. Had 4 birdies, 2 doubles (yuck), 1 bogey and the rest pars. Think I made 3 putts of over 20 feet but no idea on my stats as my ShotScope V3 looks like the strap is broken again as it's not registering any clubs. This is a replacement strap as well, I'm not sure if it's because my big wrists stretch the strap or if I'm just unlucky. Also not sure if I want to pay £40 for a replacement strap.

Of course I didn't win the sweep as an 11 handicapper had the round of his life as well shooting 71 for 46 points.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Captain/Pro challenge today.
Me and CVG ...
Fairly nip and tuck all the way round, we were 2 up at the turn but we both lost our way a bit..
Captain sunk 3 good putts on 14, 16 and 17 to claim a 2&1 victory.
Good game, nice company, glorious day and they bought the drinks

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Captain/Pro challenge today.
Me and CVG ...
Fairly nip and tuck all the way round, we were 2 up at the turn but we both lost our way a bit..
Captain sunk 3 good putts on 14, 16 and 17 to claim a 2&1 victory.
Good game, nice company, glorious day and they bought the drinks

So you lost then 🙄

Did the ability to “golf your ball” return at all, or was CVG carrying you?

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
A crazy, crazy game is what golf is.
I walked off the 11th green with a total of 10pts ........................... yup, 10pts in 11 holes!
The last 7 holes I racked up another 20pts!
What is that all about?
Golf really does boil my brain.