I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Hit the ball pretty well, but just couldn't putt. So many greens in regulation, but three putted loads. 4 easily makeable birdie putts left short and twitched the par. I did manage a few pars finally, but just not great.
The greens however had been tined a week ago and haven't recovered. Slow and breaks not taking. I should have been able to play for it, but just couldn't. 31 points off 10.
Oh, and some of the fairways had very little grass on them, with worm casts, so pick and place was a joke!

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
One of those weird rounds

Played the harder holes well, played the easier holes like a rookie.

33 points with multiple silly blobs - we go again next week 😂

MACM85

Visit site
Played Saturday on my own in the morning to get some practice for the Matchplay Final I had yesterday.

Shot 92 which was awful and was a real struggle with strikes and direction. Proceeded to go to the range and practice and go back to basics and just ignore the club in the swing and focus on the ball and weight transfer.

Sunday comes. Final time. I had to give 3 shots. I ended up carding a 6 over 76 with no gimmes as we both agreed we putt out as it was a final. Ended up winning 5 & 3. Name goes on the board and now we await the summer knock out draws

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Steady 6 over 77 for 36 points..
Howling wind and rain to start with but it settled down after 3 holes and was almost pleasant.
Couple of birdies - on the par 3 10th the putt was all of 9 inches....bit too many bogeys.
Some awful lies and bounces didn't help bit them's the breaks....
Managed to avoid my usual trick of getting cut the round before a comp for a change...slight increase in Index due to a good one dropping off but no change to shots..

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Played twice this weekend.

Saturday saw me playing playing a board comp for the first time and first time off the back tees since autumn. It was a bit of a slog with the course being so wet, but managed a respectable 82 for some stableford points and a joint 10th place. Kept a double off the card until the last which was a brute off the back tees. 557yards into a cold wind. I hit a solid drive, a solid 4 wood and still had a 6 iron into the green 😳. Our crap bunkers cost me a shot and ruined my run of no doubles. Grrrrrr
Still annoyed they they let people out on the course with trollies.
Another thing I don’t get. It was a mixed comp. Men and juniors played from the back tees. Ladies played from the front tees, which are their normal tees. Personally, I think they should have played the second set of tees.

Sunday was the second round of the club knockout. Had a good round with a nice chap. Winning 4&2. Didn’t strike it particularly well, but missed only one fairway (by a yard) and my poor iron strikes were typically a bit thin but straight so finished either on the front of the green or in the fringe. Also, I didn’t make a double bogey which is pleasing.
It was the very definition of boring golf.

Swing and grip changes feel like they are starting to work on the course. I still feel uncomfortable at times, but there is definitely an overall improvement in ball flight.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Was supposed to be on jury duty, but not required today, so went to play with the boys. Sunny start but Haar came in for a few holes, which is unusual for Nairn.
Again hit it well but didn't hole anything apart from a couple of tap ins and one 10ft from a two on the 4th. Tbh should have had a lot iof birdies today.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Played highwoods (near cooden).

It was wet cold and windy.

I won’t tell you my score but if I was a batsman I’d have raised my bat on about the 12th.

Staying at a mates flat in bexhill then playing Dale hill on the way home tomorrow

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played Woodbury Park just outside of Exeter with HID and my brother and sil.
Course should most definitely have been closed but commercial enterprise over rules
First game 8n 2 weeks due to swollen foot that is still sore so had to use buggy which was restricted to staying on the paths so sometimes ended up with wrong club for approach shots.
Greens not been cut for few days so bit hairy but rolled okish.
Happy to have 32 points and was pleasant enough until the sun went when it got bitterly cold with the wind .
Nice set up and would like to play again in the Summer .

Imurg

Visit site
Midweek Medal today and the wind was twice what it was supposed to be and it made the course tricky..
The least said about my performance the better with the exception of a 2 on the 16th..I'll get my money back at least..
Only 1 of 49 players at nett par or better......and there's some pretty high scores in.
Let's see how PCC handles it.......

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
I played one of the courses I have been wanting to play for a few years, Alwoodley. I was booked to play on my own but there were 2 men in the pro's shop who said I could join them, turn out one was a member at Moortown and the other was course manager at Gullane, they were both very nice and we had a lovely round. The course mostly lived up to my expectations and I played decently especially on the front nine, I found to many bunkers on the back when my 3 wood let me down. I was surprised how quiet the course was, we went round in under 3 hours. And and added bonus, lots of red kites flying around.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
First time back on the full course and grass today. who'd have thought a bit of plastic compared to real grass would make such a difference.

Awful, would be the best description.

D

Deleted member 15344

Played at Goring and Streatly yesterday with a forumer and a couple others - really interesting course , some heck of height variations , with a good old club up during the first 3 holes, course near the club house drains well and then the ones over the road at the top were a little wet but still very playable

Really solid course

Imurg

Visit site
Another day, another day of battling strong breezes..it's getting tiring now😴
Still, a better day than the last 2...78 blows which could have been 3 or 4 shots better but for some footprints on greens..
Not displeased though..
Out at sparrowphart with Fragger tomorrow...mightnhave a day off Sunday....but then again..;)

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Played St Annes Old Links yesterday in 25mph winds with gusts up to 50 - it was purgatory at times!

Started pretty well and was playing solid enough golf until I was stood on the 5th tee. Blasted one OB and then duffed my 3rd off the tee about 120 yards. That was the start of a run of 6 holes in which I dropped 15 shots(!).

Managed to recover somewhat after that and ,apart from a triple on the par 3 13th where a ball landed just off the green, shot left and was never seen again, I managed a decent enough last 8 holes.

Highlight of the round was a driver off the deck on 17. 220 yards out and into the teeth of the wind I just hit and hoped. It probably never went above 10 feet but kept bounding down and finished up 10 ft short of the pin.

Only downside was two groups of members having a go at us. One for being too slow (when we were waiting on the 4th tee for the group in front to get out of range) and another on the 17th for ironically playing too quickly and making them feel under pressure. Can't win sometimes!

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played in the swindle yesterday with a strong wind blowing. My playing without losing a ball came to a spectacular end on the 6th. Strong left to right wind on a slight dog leg left hole. Tried to draw the ball but blocked it straight right into the 💩. The provisional suffered the same fate 😢 and neither ball was found. Level par for 17 holes and a blob for 37 points. Not sure I will ever manage 11 rounds on the spin without losing a ball ever again.