I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Struck the ball pretty well 1st nine, one wonky tee shot but salvaged a stinky (pen shot) par. Two shortened holes on this half, so 4 over about right. Probably drove less well on second nine, but they were good enough to be in play, and helped by a "birdie" on the one shortened hole (par 5) finished this nine just one over :) Dodged the rain, and the "winter putter" continues to claim its place in the bag.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
First round in two weeks due to the course being closed. I was expecting a mud bath, but it was actually in good nick. Finished bogey bogey bogey but still shot 76 on a par 68 layout.

15 minutes after getting in the clubhouse we had unscheduled rain of biblical proportions which will surely see the course closed again. That however will make no difference to me, we are playing Seaton Carew on Monday and no amount of rain affects that place.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
33 points in our monthly stableford. The new driver is still going great - long and straight (in the right direction, too), but I was missing green after green from the fairway. The greens were very slow after recent maintenance so tough to get the pace, so four 3-putts didn’t help. But much to be positive about.

The course? It’s built on a sand/gravel base so traditionally drains well, but it’s an absolute mud bath. Lots of calls for it to shut or at least close to visitors from the other local clubs, all of which are currently closed.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
"Irish Stableford" today for St Patrick's Day. I'd never done it before, so for those who don't know - it's teams of 4; for the first six holes, two of your scores count, for the next six holes three count, and for the last six (or five in our case at the moment) all four scores count. Our team was me, my 29 capper mate, and his two female cousins who are also members at the club (off 22 and 37).

Unfortunately we had a bit of a row with the pro shop assistant before going out. There's a three tee start at our place and he insisted we needed to go off the 12th. Our issue was that we can't play the competition the way it's intended unless we play off the first. He didn't listen and in the end he had a minor tantrum and started raising his voice at us so we just gave up and walked up to the 12th. It felt stupid to play it almost in reverse - after one hole we were straight into the holes where all scores count, whereas I thought the idea was to warm up as you go and build up to the crunch time at the end - but whatever.

The course was saturated from a downpour in the morning, just wet mud everywhere you look, which made it very difficult. On a personal note I actually felt I played well, but the conditions did me in on a few holes, so despite six pars I only managed 27 points for the 17 holes. Our team didn't fare much better - in fact our 37 handicapper hadn't played since October and she struggled getting round the course in the swamp which made it hard slog, so she felt she had to walk off after nine holes. Probably just as well we did the four score holes first. 😆 But yeah, our final score was 88 and we finished 2nd from last. At least it wasn't last I guess. Winners got 108 I believe.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
First medal of the year. Bit damp at first but only soft rain then cleared up nice for a bit of warmth and polo shirt for last six holes. Course playing long due to rain, but mostly OK underfoot.

121 played and only 14 played to PH or better, only nine better…and I scrambled round to be one of the nine. Pleasing. I can ignore my four careless bogeys over the last four holes as I had an eagle on 14 :)

Ignoring any possible PCC, that will result in a small reduction in my HI - probably just 0.1…but that’s fine.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Took a trip over to the East Coast and played Scarborough South Cliff.

£20 green fee, no charge for the junior. I will definitely go back. I’d imagine it’s a tough test when the wind picks up.

Attachments

• 87E899FA-7DF1-4162-9F80-09D88E468B71.jpeg
    87E899FA-7DF1-4162-9F80-09D88E468B71.jpeg
    774.2 KB · Views: 13
D

Deleted member 15344

Match Medal today

Managed to play 17.5 holes - was 1 over and then the course closed due to flooding 😂😂 comp abandoned, one of my PP was looking for a nice 66 net as well

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Last round of the winter league, total of your best 5 scorecards (stableford) out of 7 rounds. No chance of doing well in that as my first 2-3 rounds were abysmal, and then just ok after that.

Anyway, 3 x 3 putts by the 5th hole, didn’t bode well. But managed to pull myself together and finished on 38 points, 87 gross, 3rd in my division and 9th overall. Very happy with that.
despite what I said on the ‘putt for dough’ thread, it was the driver that helped me score well today, majority in the fairway and decent hits (for me).

Back to normal comps next month, looking forward to getting my handicap down. 🤞🏻

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played yesterday in a 4 man team event, 2 scores to count on each hole. My good form continues and my own score would have been level par. I managed 10 points from my three shot holes. Two chip in birdies and the second one was outrageous. Short uphill par 4 17th hole. Good tee shot leaves me about 70/80 yards to the hole. From completely out of the blue I shank my approach pin high about 20 yards right of the green. Pin is on the right of the green and I have a hump to go over with no green to play with. Only shot is a flop shot, (that I rarely use), two bounces and the ball drops in the hole. 🤣 The hole before I had hit a wedge to 6 inches for the easiest tap in birdie. Golf is stupid.

Jason.H

Visit site
Gross 73 , 38 points and a 2.
One bad 2nd shot put me in one of the few water penalty areas on the course😂.
Pleased with how I deal with a bad shot here and there. I used to struggle to regain my composure after a poor hole.
Still missing too many good birdie chances. Guess that’s where I need to improve.