I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Out again this morning, holes 1-6, 10 & 16-18.
Really windy again with some showers in the mix as well.
Off the tee was decent again, hybrids and 3 wood were good as well.
Irons poor until the last couple of holes, actually looked up a thread I started about my poor iron play and realised the ball was too far forward in my stance and started to hit them much better once I’d adjusted.
I’ll need to do a bit of fitness work as well, felt goosed coming off the course!!

D

Deleted member 31467

Blowing out there today, my electric trolley with a tour bag was blown over countless times as were my pp. Had to hit driver off the deck on the 1st and 7th on the front 9 to be able to get home in two.
Anyone who takes the big stick off the deck TWICE in a round has a proper pair of balls.... credit to you :ROFLMAO:

Big balls small brain if he didn't think to turn his trolley into the wind to stop it blowing over ;)

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Big balls small brain if he didn't think to turn his trolley into the wind to stop it blowing over ;)
You could off had your trolley which ever way you wanted, it was still going over, it was blowing an absolute hoolie😉
WeeWullie has clearly never golfed in the Highlands 😂

D

Deleted member 31467

You could off had your trolley which ever way you wanted, it was still going over, it was blowing an absolute hoolie😉

WeeWullie has clearly never golfed in the Highlands 😂
He's golfed everywhere and blessed with common sense 😉

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Drove it well but most of my other game was rammel. However part of that was being stuck behind 3 visitors. God it was purgatory. Out of 18 holes we waited on 17 tees and the one we didn’t I lost a ball from my drive. I just cannot get out of my head watching folk fannying about on a course.
EG, a guy had chipped into a green and rested his club on the ropes around a green. Putted out, walked back to his club one side of the green, then walked back across the green to his bag. Why did he not take his bag to where he chipped from.
It was painfully slow. oddly enough one of my PP actually apologised to them during the round. On our par 4 8th, he hit a 3 wood, it was a thing of beauty. When they walked off the green there was a ball 10 ft past the pin. It was my PP. It was the first time he had ever driven the green and it was with his 3 wood. It was 10 ft past the pin. He apologised.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Midweek Medal which was a qualifier despite several greens being frozen at the start...6 th was still hard when we came round at 2ish.
Shot 80 - nett 75 (4 over)
A mixed bag but not consistent enough anywhere..
It's quite weird from my perspective....a while ago gross 80 would have been a p,easing score, now it's a bit Meh.....
Only 4 shots off the lead so not a disaster by any means.
To be fair, the greens have taken a hammering with the weather this year and they're not that good right now..plus, as they're soft, playing in the afternoon means footprints and bobbles - neither of which make putting easy..
CVG played very solidly and has won Div 3 with a nett 67....Good on the Old Boy..

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
A nice morning on the links, no where near as windy today, much more enjoyable. Was rubbish on the front 9 on the beach twice, but much better on the back nine.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Started off terrible today, 4 x 6’s to start, having to play too many chips back on the fairways 😂😂
Then it seemed to click, tee to green excellent, just couldn’t putt for toffee.
Happy with ball striking and trending in the right direction.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Rubbish on the greens today led to a paltry 33 points in the swindle. I must have missed at least 8 putts from inside 6 feet today and all on the high side. The greens were just not taking any borrow at all. The highlight was making my 3rd birdie in a row on our longest par 3, 180 yards.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
4 over for a cheeky 43 points in todays stableford comp.

Finally birdied the 8th after a majestic 2nd shot - PW from about 140 to 2 feet.

Bobbly greens cost me 4 or 5 other birdies

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
First round in three weeks since the new baby. Decided to get out early so wife and baby could sleep in and I wouldn't be missed. Was rethinking that bright idea at 1:30am when the little one had been sick and I hadn't gone to bed yet, but hey ho.

Thought 'just relax and enjoy it' but as always that thought process lasted about 3 holes. Played quite well though considering the time off and lack and sleep. Started on the 8th. Couple of pars early on, a good run of bogeys. Big fade on nearly every drive but at least I knew what I was working with so just aimed left and hit a few fairways. Had a couple of holes where the wheels came off, but made a lovely birdie on the par 3 3rd hole with a gripped down cut 7 iron to three feet. Ended up with 29 points for 17 holes (one hole is closed as being rebuilt). Could have been a bit better but not gutted with that. Nice to be back.

Last edited:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Played the comp at Nairn Dunbar this morning. Hit it ok but putting was off on the front 9, not only missed lots of birdies , but turned some of them into bogeys☹️😂
Better on the back 9 into the wind. Drove the ball well today

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Another fun 9 this morning. My back, dodgy, is loosening up following some new massage and stretching I'm doing. I decided to exaggerate my follow through on drives rather than cut it short as normal, see how it stood up. Pretty bloomin well is the answer 😄. It brought a better trajectory, slight draw, solid distance. Way more enjoyable.

Next time, can I do it with my other clubs, bottled that today.

Greens were quick today, February for heavens sake. A great sign for the coming season.