I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
First comp of the year yesterday, and my 76 for 39pts was enough to pick up the win, the most pleasing thing was I didn't feel like I played amazingly! I still had my obligatory double, in fact I had two of them, and I left very makeable birdie putts short on 16 & 17.

My handicap is now down to 6.4, my lowest, if I can tidy my short game a bit I can get into the 5's, hopefully.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Seniors Stableford yesterday, 34 points off 95%.

Possible good score ruined by a couple of tiddlers missed with the putter and a complete meltdown on the par 5 10th, 7 shots to get on the green so I didn't even get a putt!

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Hit a real good patch this last few weeks. Birdie on the first today and drove it really really well. When we got to the course it was white with frost and really cold after six holes It got warm. I don’t think I have ever seen a course change as much during a round. Early doors you could not hit a green as the ball was bouncing miles. After six holes the balls stopped running. Some greens started being receptive, others in the frost, rock hard. A PP put his tee shot on our last par 3 six inch behind the pin. It must of missed the hole by millimetres.

Jason.H

Visit site
Friday 4 of us throw up balls to see who were paired up with for our regular match play. Got paired with the same guy again, won again.
One of the opponents start’s complaining I should have my handicap cut, “the committee should do something about it” making everyone feel awkward.
We have been non qualifying since November and I play off 4 😂😂😂

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Friday 4 of us throw up balls to see who were paired up with for our regular match play. Got paired with the same guy again, won again.
One of the opponents start’s complaining I should have my handicap cut, “the committee should do something about it” making everyone feel awkward.
We have been non qualifying since November and I play off 4 😂😂😂

Re our fiddle if you win a front nine, back nine or overall you get cut a maximum one shot. After four rounds if you have won nowt you get a shot back. It works well. We play a fiver a man so it’s not a kings ransom. The thing is if you’re losing coz you’re playing rammel you cannot complain if your opponent is playing well. If you win By one shot it tells me that the fairness of chaps is still there. 👍

Jason.H

Visit site
When he was complaining his playing partner said “that’s the handicap system “. When I have a bad spell without winning I don’t complain I just try to do better next time. We were only playing for £1

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Played 13 holes this morning in a brutal wind, Off the tee excellent, missed 1 fairway and that was the 1st hole.
Also played a few chip and runs and played them well.
My Iron play is shocking though, I should be scoring much better if I can sort this issue that keeps on rearing it’s ugly head.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
1 over 35 this afternoon for 23 points that included a chip in birdie on 7.

had a few decent birdie putts that just missed so it could've been so much better.

got a comp on saturday so no doubt i wont be able to hit a cow's arse with a banjo