I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Mike79

Visit site
A costly 4-putt on the 17th got me 38 points and tied 1st in the monthly stableford (2nd on count back), followed by a 0.8 hcp reduction… now 15.4 (y)

Barking_Mad

Visit site
First round since November, and with my new Srixon zx5s. Pretty amazing conditions for the middle of February. 😎

Shot an 86 with the highlight being a 190 yard frozen rope 5 iron to 15 feet on the par 3 15th. Out of the middle of the face they're so soft 😍

Going to need to hit more than 5 GIR to break 80 though. 😔

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
First round since November, and with my new Srixon zx5s. Pretty amazing conditions for the middle of February. 😎

Shot an 86 with the highlight being a 190 yard frozen rope 5 iron to 15 feet on the par 3 15th. Out of the middle of the face they're so soft 😍

Going to need to hit more than 5 GIR to break 80 though. 😔

Ah, but did you sink the putt?

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Out this morning, played pretty well in spells, hit 2 really poor drives, one going 100 yards straight left 😂😂 but recovered to bogey both holes, I’d normally score worse than that but I’m starting to just put it out of my mind and get on with it, still plenty to work on but I’m back enjoying it which is important 😀

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Out this morning, played pretty well in spells, hit 2 really poor drives, one going 100 yards straight left 😂😂 but recovered to bogey both holes, I’d normally score worse than that but I’m starting to just put it out of my mind and get on with it, still plenty to work on but I’m back enjoying it which is important 😀
Regret not playing today, was a really lovely.. dare I say it... spring day.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Might have beaten him again today
34-30
But we were behind the slow 3 ball from hell, not letting anyone through “because we are in a competition” what a load of tosh

We were waiting from the 5th on both the drives and approach shots on every hole
Totally unable to get any rhythm going and mind numbing at times.
Was well aware that my bro was only there because it is the only time I get to play, but if we were playing a bounce , we would have walked off.

Probably another .1 cut so in the right direction

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Might have beaten him again today
34-30
But we were behind the slow 3 ball from hell, not letting anyone through “because we are in a competition” what a load of tosh
We had exactly the same said to us yesterday. "We would let you through but we're playing in the comp." Well, that's a rule you just made up so why not just be honest and say "we would let you though but we don't want to."

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Pairs stableford aggregate at the weekend

Set ourselves the goal of 65 points knowing we both aren't playing great at the minute - finished on 67 and tied for 7th overall.

New swing held up pretty well over the 18, nothing to write home about, 33 points with 2 blobs for me. 2 nightmare holes where I chased yardage rather than playing within myself and I cock up big time! Silly!!

Nice to be hitting my 7 iron above the 140 number again though, bit more practice and we could be getting somewhere!

SHiiBBZ

Club Champion
Visit site
Broke 80 for the first time - out of nowhere. Went round the same course last week and posted a 92. Today - everything clicked I was on fire. Left shots out there too. Now to break 75!

And back to normal yesterday. Entered the Stableford on Sunday after my ridic round on Saturday and finished 29 points. I haven't in fact - sussed golf.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Went out for a hit this morning and it was like going back in time, I was absolutely murder, no rhythm, no conviction and stiff as a bored.
Really thought I was past this stage, my mental resolve is clearly still a bit weak.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Out with CVG after brunch.....
Familiar feeling of following a 3 ball all the way round but at least they were faster than yesterday's....
After struggling to 30 points yesterday it could be said I played a blinder and was 8 shots better....
Gross 74 (+3) with a double on the first......
Cut to 4.3to match my lowest ever....got some good scores coming off in the next 5 or 6 rounds so that number may not stay there long..:ROFLMAO:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Just 9 holes but what happened on two par 3s, our 3rd and 6th holes, demonstrated the vagaries of golf. Both holes playing about 165yds and I played the same club. Pictures show where my tee shots finished.

077AFFAB-1D5F-418F-A17E-263581C4FF8B.jpeg324B618E-2ABE-4F39-B7CF-EEF8CB1612A1.jpeg

Thing is, the shot I hit on the 3rd (top pic) was nicely struck, nice swing but just dropped it a bit short and it plugged under the face; that on the 6th was a horrible shot from a horrible swing - to one foot.

And what lesson do I humbly offer from this?

I do not consider where I finished on the 3rd unlucky or a bad break; similarly I do not consider lucky or a good break where I finished on the 6th. In both cases the ball ended up where I hit it - I simply consider that I have given myself a difficult 2nd shot on the first par 3 and an easy 2nd shot on the second.

In accepting that as I hit both shots, I alone am responsible in each case for where the ball ended up. And with that acceptance I can cope all the better with situations like the first, not bemoaning my bad luck or the bunker, or whatever, but just get on with it knowing that the swings and roundabouts of golf will mean that I will sooner rather than later be facing a second shot like I had on the second.

Cos that’s golf.

Last edited:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Went out for a hit this morning and it was like going back in time, I was absolutely murder, no rhythm, no conviction and stiff as a bored.
Really thought I was past this stage, my mental resolve is clearly still a bit weak.
I thought you were and experienced golfer brian🤣 never expect to play well the next time you play after hitting it well, in fact if you have just had a great game expect to play like you have never picked up a Club before😂
It's what I'm expecting tomorrow 😁