I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

HeftyHacker

Visit site
First round in a good while today (since October I think) and I couldn't get on my own course due to a comp so played another local one.

Started off with a double and with a swing that didn't feel like mine. Managed to get it together for the last 12 holes and ended up 7 over which would normally be a very good score for me.

Got to caveat it with a lot of forward tees and temp greens though so not taking too much from it.

The one major takeaway for me was that the work at the range seems to have paid dividends and I seemed to have cured my horrible low hook with my irons.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Day off work today to play mud golf with mates from my old club. Due to the weather, foggy at first, damp all day, has been for a week, we had the course to ourselves. It would be millionaires golf except if I was a millionaire I'd be playing abroad right now in the dry and the sun.

Driving was spot on, hybrids were useless short game was very mixed. Hard to concentrate in the cold and damp, even more so as this weather doesn't help my back.

First time at Alnwick Castle GC since their new clubhouse has been built, holes moved around. The clubhouse is excellent, modern, light, welcoming and when the fog lifts, it gives a view over the course and land below that is a real plus for the club.

Good fun had by all.

Smoj

Visit site
Yesterday went out on my own -- very foggy, wet, cold, thought about going home after 5 holes as visibilty was next to nothing 50 foot in front of me...decided to keep on playing, though played very carefully, 3 wood and 2 hybrid tee shots just to get on the fairway...anyway mist lifted around the 11th and I shot my all time PB at 79(+7)

Today went out with my mate as a 2 ball..no mist, bit cold, very saturated fairways - played my absolute worst, couldnt hit anything, 7i shot less than 100 yards, 3hybrid (which on monday I was crushing 190 yards) barely 110 at knee hight. I had to stop scoring and just use today as a casual no pressure round, but even then all the joy had been taken away from the round. maybe too much pressure trying to beat yesterday PB, maybe playing too much golf (5 round in 5 days 1x18 mon 2x9 weds 1x18 thurs 1x18 fri) decided after that to have rest of the month off playing on the course and see how we go.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
glad to be in good company then :cool: - to make things even ''worse'' my last iron shot today was a beautiful pure iron strike 130 yards with a pw bang on to the green...early retirement has been postponed yet again :LOL:
.........and that is how golf suckers us all and brings us back ?

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Off at first light this morning.

We played a scramble for the first 9 and it was average - finished with 34 points but should’ve been more. On 3 holes we had less than 100 yards to the green and we all missed ??‍♂️

2nd 9 we played proper golf and I was 2 over and 24 points.

Highlights - my driving has been great recently and was again today
Chipped in for a birdie
Our 9th is playing about 220 off the mat and first time I hit 5 iron to the back edge so 2nd time I hit 6 and was in the same spot??‍♂️.

Might try and sneek out in the morning for a cheeky 9

the changes I’ve made to my set up and swing seem to be working……for now

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Off at first light this morning.

We played a scramble for the first 9 and it was average - finished with 34 points but should’ve been more. On 3 holes we had less than 100 yards to the green and we all missed ??‍♂️

2nd 9 we played proper golf and I was 2 over and 24 points.

Highlights - my driving has been great recently and was again today
Chipped in for a birdie
Our 9th is playing about 220 off the mat and first time I hit 5 iron to the back edge so 2nd time I hit 6 and was in the same spot??‍♂️.

Might try and sneek out in the morning for a cheeky 9

the changes I’ve made to my set up and swing seem to be working……for now
Hold on...did a worm stick his head up and do a Ronaldo on it or something:unsure:

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
Orange castles on the home course, perfect for the boom boom sorry KABOOM PXG

hitting form in November, short game is improving just need my L.A.B putter investment for 2023 and scratch 2023 :-( 0 bloody cold for my 49 year old bones

I’d rather use pink castle tees than a chipper

Golfnut1957

Visit site
I normally come on here following a poor round and simply say "and wish I hadn't bothered".

Not today though. Today it was a 72 on our par 68 short course, 6 bogies, 2 birdies, and it follows yesterdays 76. I'm well chuffed and would like to say that I have cracked it, but I know that I have only cracked it for this week.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Day off work today to play mud golf with mates from my old club. Due to the weather, foggy at first, damp all day, has been for a week, we had the course to ourselves. It would be millionaires golf except if I was a millionaire I'd be playing abroad right now in the dry and the sun.

Driving was spot on, hybrids were useless short game was very mixed. Hard to concentrate in the cold and damp, even more so as this weather doesn't help my back.

First time at Alnwick Castle GC since their new clubhouse has been built, holes moved around. The clubhouse is excellent, modern, light, welcoming and when the fog lifts, it gives a view over the course and land below that is a real plus for the club.

Good fun had by all.
Am I right in thinking that the old clubhouse was a wooden hut? If correct then last time I was there we were pestered by a gazillion angry wasps. Made for an interesting post round pint.

D

Deleted member 15344

Decent day today - 3 birdies 4 bogeys and so many missed chances with a cold putter