I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
First day back after 5 weeks or so out with an injury. So good to be out and a nice still day to enjoy.
Greens were unbelievably quick. Best I've seen them in December ever. Delighted about that.
My golf was a little rusty in places, especially at the start. Driver a little hooky. Holed nothing of length. Still enjoyed it.
Back still feels fine after which is the main thing.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Am I right in thinking that the old clubhouse was a wooden hut? If correct then last time I was there we were pestered by a gazillion angry wasps. Made for an interesting post round pint.
Yes, you are right. The new clubhouse and location is a major upgrade. I didn't see any wasps nests nearby so hopefully you will be okay next time ?

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
December Stableford today, I hit one GIR!
Must have chipped and putted well though as I scored 34 points (which surprisingly has me in 4th place in division 2) and took 29 putts.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Standing in the rough on the 1st being pelted by hailstones I did wonder why I'd bothered ? - not having picked up a club for 2 weeks was mostly the answer. They passed, and generally tee shots from then on were pretty good. Short game & putting took a while to align but overall was pleased to have gone out and although shoulder was aching it wasn't too bad.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Definition of madness?

I didn't play, but the club held a winter pairs comp today. Two tee times off each tee, shotgun start. That's 8 golfers stood on each tee waiting to tee off for a 5-hour round in what without a doubt was atrocious cold, wet and gusty weather.

Definition of madness? Signing up for that.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
After over a month of playing from fairway mats, I played at Wilmslow golf club today in a 4BBB knockout, the course was in very good condition and the grren were good.
i played very well, one of my best rounds ever, allowing for concessions I was at best 4 over gross and at worse 6 over and it was done without holing anything longer than 6 feet.
I gave 9, 11 and 13 shots and we won 3&2.

All in all a lovely afternoon

peld

Visit site
last weekend I played Vale de Lobo - 3 nights, 3 full rounds (plus 9 holes and 13 holes in the 2 afternoons). Played very well.

Highly recommend their stay and play deal - worked out about £700 each for 3 nights in a deluxe apartment, flights, transfers, buggies, unlimited golf and club hire if you wanted it.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
After yesterday's surprise of placing 4th in Div 2 with 34 points (although still waiting for official results to be posted), today I upped my game in the Seniors Stableford and scored 35.

And I'm VERY surprised to find that that's currently holding first place. :eek:
Conditions weren't nice but it wasn't that bad, a bit of on-and-off rain, not overly windy and not excessively cold and yet from 56 returns the top scores are 35, 34, then two 33s.
Should get a cut and hopefully a bit extra as the PCC surely must go up?

The last tee time have posted their scores but there are still a few who haven't, although they might not have played.

D

Deleted member 23270

After yesterday's surprise of placing 4th in Div 2 with 34 points (although still waiting for official results to be posted), today I upped my game in the Seniors Stableford and scored 35.

And I'm VERY surprised to find that that's currently holding first place. :eek:
Conditions weren't nice but it wasn't that bad, a bit of on-and-off rain, not overly windy and not excessively cold and yet from 56 returns the top scores are 35, 34, then two 33s.
Should get a cut and hopefully a bit extra as the PCC surely must go up?

The last tee time have posted their scores but there are still a few who haven't, although they might not have played.
Well played but don't get your hopes up about PCC!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Out first thing today..not too cold and very light winds....
My ability seems to have deserted me, hopefully, temporarily......
The wind started to pick up a bit on the back 9, the temperature dropped, the drizzle began and my knee took offence.
It was really starting to sing on the last 2 holes but the card was long gone by then.
I know it's all in the numbers but when your PP plays better than you but goes up a shot and you play worse and stay the same it does get a little disheartening :confused:

Big85

Visit site
Played 9 holes today and was absolutely woeful.. my handicap is 12.4 yet played nowhere near that. Last time I played was last Wednesday yet it felt like I hadn’t played for a month!! Annoyed and Frustrated as nothing went right

D

Deleted member 23270

Played Rushmore today for the first time. Not far from me but just never got around to playing it. Pleasant track, few bland holes but some nice ones too. Strangest thing is a flat 150 yard par 3 with no bunkers or trouble around the green but it's stroke index 8 ?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Despite the forcaste for Snow overnight and the morning, the weather was OK so played with the boys. In fact the weather was OK, probably about 5 deg. Hit it ok, but didn't hole anything, but luckily my two pp who were both high teen handicaps were on fire, 4 gross birdies between them so we took the money with ease. In fact I don't think I contributed on more than two holes and was only 2 over gross?

D

Deleted member 21258

Not played alot over the last month or so, work a bit mental but did Played Alwoodley a month or so ago(close enough to, today:p), WHS 13.9, won the match play. Handicap now up to 12.9:oops:

Nice course, very playable, cant say I was blown away tho, some cracking holes.

But what a brilliant clubhouse and welcome. Thanks for making it a lovely day Alwoodley.

Smoj

Visit site
spur of the moment need for a round, so played a 1pm tee off - stuck behind a 2 ball which wouldnt let me through from the 6th to the 18th. weather was beautiful on the first tee and an absolute frozen tundra from the 13th.

last week the course was a mudball festival, today with the frost made the course/fairways/green a lot harder and much more to my liking.

shot a just below ave 83

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-12-08 at 16.55.21.png
    Screenshot 2022-12-08 at 16.55.21.png
    297.1 KB · Views: 7

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Three of us just played a scramble and shot a bogey free -4.
Was happy considering that the course was still pretty frozen most of the way round, but, with the sun out, it never really felt very cold.
My new G425 driver and 7 wood both had very good days today, which was nice!

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Nice day out round the Dukes at Woburn today. Extremely frosty, rock hard greens but very sunny. Really enjoyed it and shot a very respectable 87 given the conditions. Without the frost, I’m sure at least another 4 or 5 putts would have dropped ???️‍♂️

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Teed off at 2.30 as I’d had enough of work and got stuck behind the worst
4 ball in the history of crap 4 balls who had zero interest in letting me through or playing at a decent pace.

Just used it as a practice game and Decided to hit irons off the tees.

Finished +2 which was nice

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Full 18 on to temp greens this weekend due to the frost. Never in my 3 years at raven have they used 1 temporary green! Fair play to the new greenkeeper