I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Mandofred

Visit site
I don't think they have been able to mow the greens lately, they are really getting slow. I had 3 birdies yesterday, but left 4 putts within 2 inches of the hole.....just could not talk myself into hitting it hard enough, I was slamming them pretty hard as it was. Long putts you just had to wind up and kill it......always short.

It's getting seriously muddy now, this course is known for being sloppier than the others I was a member at. Just put new spikes in the shoes, heels in particular needed some new ones.....people slipping regularly now.

D

Deleted member 23270

Played Friday shot 71. Didn’t put a card in, would have nibbled another 0.2 off my HI ???

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
After quite a lot of rain last night, the course was pretty wet today and we were on a few temps.

Range work with the wedges is really helping the striking with the irons so really happy there, driver was a bit wayward so ended up hitting 4 iron off most tees.

Won our winter league match 3&2, so that’s 3/3 now and I shot 75 so all in all a decent day on the course.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Course shut today to protect it after a load of rain overnight…played yesterday…not great but grateful to be playing and, as always and regardless of the weather and how I play, reflecting how fortunate I am to be a member of a splendid members club.

Mandofred

Visit site
Why can't I learn? 8pts after 5 holes today....just trying too hard after having a couple of good rounds. Drives absolute poop. Relaxed finally on the 7th and stopped trying to hit it better.... and was +1 the rest of the way.
knocking-head-stupid.gif

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Hit a ball into a hedge, a PP with a ball retriever went to get it but couldn't reach so he manly started pushing his way in, I went to hold a branch back for him but as I did so it twanged off his back towards me.
It was a thorn bush and a thorn entered my fingertip and snapped off below the surface, I can see the tip of the thorn under the nail.

Sounds small but it's very sore, especially after my wife has dug around with a scalpel blade trying to make the hole big enough to grab the broken end, no joy!

One of those times where you think "why didn't I just leave the ball where it was?"

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Hit a ball into a hedge, a PP with a ball retriever went to get it but couldn't reach so he manly started pushing his way in, I went to hold a branch back for him but as I did so it twanged off his back towards me.
It was a thorn bush and a thorn entered my fingertip and snapped off below the surface, I can see the tip of the thorn under the nail.

Sounds small but it's very sore, especially after my wife has dug around with a scalpel blade trying to make the hole big enough to grab the broken end, no joy!

One of those times where you think "why didn't I just leave the ball where it was?"
In no world is that ever happening to me. She loves to have a dig and a prod for wood splinters and the like, totally oblivious to any pain she may be causing me. Those days are gone.

D

Deleted member 15344

Nice little day out at Blackmoor with a couple of forumers - weather was lovely , course in great Nick , nice little 3&2 win - shame my partner wasn’t more appreciative of my efforts ?? @richart @wookie @Cake

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Bearing in mind that I could barely shuffle around the house Friday afternoon/Saturday morning due to an arthritis flare-up in my left knee, it was with a certain amount of trepidation that I set off at dawn to see if I could get round 9 holes without falling over.
Sadly, I only made it to 7 but not because of the knee...
Fog was drifting in when I started and by my 7th hole it was getting tough to see past 150 yards so it was time to come in.
The knee held up well, hit more than a lot of shots, taking 3 or 4 shots at greens and tee shots just to get things moving again..
Unless the knee explodes this afternoon ill be back at the 1st for just after 7.30 in the morning - fog allowing...

Mandofred

Visit site
Bearing in mind that I could barely shuffle around the house Friday afternoon/Saturday morning due to an arthritis flare-up in my left knee, it was with a certain amount of trepidation that I set off at dawn to see if I could get round 9 holes without falling over.
Sadly, I only made it to 7 but not because of the knee...
Fog was drifting in when I started and by my 7th hole it was getting tough to see past 150 yards so it was time to come in.
The knee held up well, hit more than a lot of shots, taking 3 or 4 shots at greens and tee shots just to get things moving again..
Unless the knee explodes this afternoon ill be back at the 1st for just after 7.30 in the morning - fog allowing...
We got 18 in yesterday starting at 10:30...figured it would lift. It never did, and if it had gotten any worse we would have had to stop. Not as bad this morning, but it was below freezing this morning. It is supposed to be 3-4 in the morning up here....hoping that keeps the fog away.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Chilly start but got better as the day went on. Played OK, highlight was driving the 5th green( forward winter tee ) and sinking the putt for the 2. Still not enough to win the money ?

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Felt really crap mentally so decided to spend 90 minutes walking around a muddy field swearing!

Played ok and was 4 over after 8. decided to play 2 again and spend some time putting and chipping before playing 8&9 and having a beer

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Only managed 7 holes again this morning..thenfog came in again.
Nice birdies on my 6th and 7th holes but that was that
Fog weather warning out for tomorrow too so may or may not get out....
Some will remember my experiment with graphite shafts to ease the pain in my elbows...
Safe to say that experiment has worked.....sadly the choice of clubhead wasn't so good...
The Cobra King Tour MiM are super irons when I'm swinging very well....I'm not getting much forgiveness from them..
They're also a bit short on distance.....especially if I don't middle it.
The drawing board beckons but the graphite shafts will likely stay..

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
A foggy day, especially the start, took out the Slazenger Ben Hogan Precisions again as I'm determined to get them to behave, the previous 3 or 4 rounds they've just not cut the mustard.

Today they were better but still seemed a club short, perhaps it's just the colder weather and I'm a bit off colour.

There was some form of very light dressing on the greens today and half way round I noticed that it had taken the patina off my St Andrew Golf Co, Custom-Built "Lucky Dog" putter :eek:, not happy at all. :(

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Only managed 7 holes again this morning..thenfog came in again.
Nice birdies on my 6th and 7th holes but that was that
Fog weather warning out for tomorrow too so may or may not get out....
Some will remember my experiment with graphite shafts to ease the pain in my elbows...
Safe to say that experiment has worked.....sadly the choice of clubhead wasn't so good...
The Cobra King Tour MiM are super irons when I'm swinging very well....I'm not getting much forgiveness from them..
They're also a bit short on distance.....especially if I don't middle it.
The drawing board beckons but the graphite shafts will likely stay..

how did Captain "Tena for men" play?

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
My word it was chilly today, and very misty also.
Maiden voyage for my new G425 driver and, on the 1st, I absolutely munched it!
It must have carried over 30yds and rolled out to almost 40yds ..................... it nearly reached the fairway!
I then went to an orange castle tee and all was good, really good, and was never in trouble after that.
The rest of my game was utter pants and I'm still bloody cold, though.