I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
41 points this morning in the stableford comp which could’ve been more if I hadn't lost 2 balls.

For some reason they decided to sweep every leaf on the course into a pile which would be ok if that pile wasn’t in the trees between the 2nd and 8th fairways so that was 1 ball gone and the other was a hook on 18.

Had 7 or 8 chips that I got up and down which as unusual for me and certainly helped the scoring

Steve Wilkes

Visit site
41 points this morning in the stableford comp which could’ve been more if I hadn't lost 2 balls.

For some reason they decided to sweep every leaf on the course into a pile which would be ok if that pile wasn’t in the trees between the 2nd and 8th fairways so that was 1 ball gone and the other was a hook on 18.

Had 7 or 8 chips that I got up and down which as unusual for me and certainly helped the scoring
Did you use your new "Chipmaster" for the chips :LOL:

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site

I believed you up until the last paragraph...! ?
41 points is good going.
Was the pile of leaves there to then be removed (evidence of greenkeeper work) or left to rot? My understanding is former is free drop, latter is unlucky.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Stableford today...another slow round.
We paired up with the 2 ball behind us to try and keep us moving and it just about worked...got in at 4.15. Very gloomy on the 18th
Played very solidly, parring the first 6.
A birdie 2 sandwiched between 2 boogers and I had 20 points (+1) at the turn.
3 more boogers on the back 9 for 18 points and a 3rd place 38..
Small cut back to 4.6 incoming which loses a shot..again. so just the 5 again:rolleyes:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Golf is annoying. Usually my driver is my most consistent club. Today, every part of my game was good - except the bloody driver, which was all over the place. Instead of my usual fade I had some sliced, some hooked, some straight. I didn't have a clue where to aim. Iron-striking was really good, I hit some great shots. Made two birdies, and five pars. But also a blob, a triple, and four doubles, all but one of which were the end result of appalling drives.

Shot 85 for 32 points - exact same score as last week, but driving aside, I played so much better this time. After the 11th I had 23 points as well, the big damage came on the 12th, 16th & 17th.

I feel like the slight change I made with the wrist hinge on the backswing has improved my irons no end, but also knackered my driving. That's golf for you, like spinning plates.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Played my first winter medal at Nairn Dunbar yesterday. Best was to sum it up would be ..inconsistent ? I did hit some good shots but a couple of poor drives where I was trying to hit a cut and pulled it into the gorse. Classic was on 14th, flag was at the back of the green, 130 to the flag flushed pw then flew the green right up against the fence to the caravan park in knee high brambles. Didn't break 80, but it's coming back, felling more comfortable even with the finger splint. Coursecwas also surprisingly dry considering the rain they'd had the last few days.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Winter Shield yesterday (stableford) -

I actually only went out to get a counting score in my record, been struggling recently since being cut down to 12 after a good summer.

Two players in a field of 68 beat handicap. PCC came in for the first time this season - rated at 2.

After weeks of chopping it round and work spent on my swing at the range, I’m pleased to say I was one of the 2 under handicap! 40 points, no blobs, Gross 77 - and with the PCC that’s now a 7.4 Score diff (my lowest ever)

Gutted that I didn’t win - Maybe one day I’ll get my name on a trophy ?

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
Sunday - Got a nice offer for a free game @ Gaudet Luce @ Droitwich spa - website tells me it's the no1 course in Worcestershire. with a potential first team game there next year if I stayed at NW.

Off we went, enjoyable day out very boggy in places and a lot of mud (buggies banned) played OK mid 70's with a lost ball in the mud, leafs. 100% a summer course with an OK layout and good greens.

I won't be in a rush to get back any time soon tbh.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Sunday - Got a nice offer for a free game @ Gaudet Luce @ Droitwich spa - website tells me it's the no1 course in Worcestershire. with a potential first team game there next year if I stayed at NW.

Off we went, enjoyable day out very boggy in places and a lot of mud (buggies banned) played OK mid 70's with a lost ball in the mud, leafs. 100% a summer course with an OK layout and good greens.

I won't be in a rush to get back any time soon tbh.

Yeah that is nowhere near the best in Worcestershire :ROFLMAO: Blackwell gets that tag!

Followed by:

The Worcestershire
Worcestershire Golf and Country Club
Bransford
Sapey

Then maybe Gaudet!

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Played 7 this morning, felt the rain coming in, temps dropping, wind picking up.
Called it a day.
Got home 1/2 an hour before the End of the World began....
Superb decision

Similar here, Seniors Stableford, comp had been made a non-qualifier due to so many flooded bunkers.

Cold and windy, rain began on the 5th, I was on 15 points after 9 and was happy when the other two guys indicated that they'd had enough, in we went.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Played today and for a change my driving was quite decent. played a yellow ball team format. Suffice to say drive well and scored poorly. Anyway in my team was a guy who has been the lowest course scorer with a 68 for the last couple of years. He equalled that with a 68 today. Got his first ever 3 birdies on the spin and his chip on the 13th was 1” short for his 4th. It just looked effortless. He had 4 lip outs. It was a pleasure to watch. He won £4. He was saying when he short his 68 playing off 1.7 he came second that day to a 27 handicapper ?

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Very, very, frustrating day today. Round two of a matchplay knockout. Played well for the most part, but couldn't find my ball on three separate occasions - and in none of the instances was the ball in 'lost' territory. In each case we saw it bounce & roll - it was simply not found where it was expected to be. Presumably just lying under a leaf or something. On the third occasion, I'd had enough and conceded the match even though I'd only have been 3 down with 3 to play. Too frustrated (and too near the clubhouse) to be bothered to carry on. (Next time I'm going to play a damn provisional every shot - just in case)

yandabrown

Visit site
Very, very, frustrating day today. Round two of a matchplay knockout. Played well for the most part, but couldn't find my ball on three separate occasions - and in none of the instances was the ball in 'lost' territory. In each case we saw it bounce & roll - it was simply not found where it was expected to be. Presumably just lying under a leaf or something. On the third occasion, I'd had enough and conceded the match even though I'd only have been 3 down with 3 to play. Too frustrated (and too near the clubhouse) to be bothered to carry on. (Next time I'm going to play a damn provisional every shot - just in case)
You need Jim's portable leaf blower.
https://forums.golfmonthly.com/threads/leaf-blower.113449/post-2563495