I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Put my old Titleist 909 driver in the bag today for the fun of it, took me a while to get the swing right but I was never in trouble off the tee with it and hit some long ones.

But it won't be staying in the bag as it definitely caused issues in my iron play, why else would I hit 7 full on shanks and a couple of semi-shanks?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Put my old Titleist 909 driver in the bag today for the fun of it, took me a while to get the swing right but I was never in trouble off the tee with it and hit some long ones.

But it won't be staying in the bag as it definitely caused issues in my iron play, why else would I hit 7 full on shanks and a couple of semi-shanks?
I hit a lot of thin shots today.
Just a bad day at the office.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Round 1 of the Sapper Cup - the foursomes winter knockout. Handicaps close so only one shot in it (to us). Everyone played well and all holes halved up to the sixth. Then a few holes started getting won, but there was never more than one hole in it. Stayed tight to the end. Unfortunately we went one down at 16th and could only halve the last two holes. Shame but that's the way it goes. But an absolutely beautiful day to play golf.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Played in the roll up Stableford yesyerday with the boy. Hit the flag and lipped out for hole in one on the 6th, and the head fell off my new PXG driver on the 13th. Lets see how good their warranty claims service is now.
33 points, should have been more - a lost ball in the semi on 7 under leaves hurt my front nine score, and losing the driver from the 13th on didn't help either.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Shot 101 today, had four, three putts, a 9 and an 8 on the card, why do I always compound one error with another ?
Ball striking was excellent and should of been a much better score than I had.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I've never felt so uninterested on a golf course as I was today. Thoroughly despondent
As a 2 ball we walked to the first tee at noon....
We walked off the18th Green at 4.14...and that's only because the 2 ball in front of us walked in after 15..had they stayed out we could have added another 15 minutes....
So slow and nobody seemed to give a rats about it.
I got bored as early as the 3rd hole..it was obvious nobody was being let through and my concentration just went out of the window
After that I was just hitting balls for the sake of hitting balls..
Poor score but I really don't care..Fragger had a similar front 9 but played well on the back...he's still going to have another shot next week even though he scored 21 points on the back 9:rolleyes:
Possibly my worst enjoyed round ever........:poop:

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
I've never felt so uninterested on a golf course as I was today. Thoroughly despondent
We walked off the18th Green at 4.14...and that's only because the 2 ball in front of us walked in after 15..had they stayed out we could have added another 15 minutes....
I got bored as early as the 3rd hole..it was obvious nobody was being let through and my concentration just went out of the window
Poor score but I really don't care..Fragger had a similar front 9 but played well on the back...he's still going to have another shot next week even though he scored 21 points on the back 9:rolleyes:

Winner winner Chicken dinner ??

Jeez it was slow, we caught up with the couple in front on no less than 5 occasions, we were on the tee waiting while they were walking off , totally oblivious.

Scores were 7 - 10 in my favour after 9

23-31 after 18 ?

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site

Could you not have phoned the clubhouse and got them to send out someone in a course marshall role?

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site

Winner winner Chicken dinner ??

Jeez it was slow, we caught up with the couple in front on no less than 5 occasions, we were on the tee waiting while they were walking off , totally oblivious.

Scores were 7 - 10 in my favour after 9

23-31 after 18 ?

Joining the other and playing as a 4 not an option? Not ideal I know but it may have resolved the issues.

D

Deleted member 15344

Capts vs vice today - think I was around 2 over , we lost ( holes up ) 8 down ? - was giving someone 19 shots , they had 8 gross pars in a row ?