I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Splashed out on a set of Slazenger, Ben Hogan, Precision irons at the weekend, 2 to 9 plus Equaliser and Exploder, £50! :eek:
Release year 1957.

Had a casual round with them today and they felt great, hit some lovely shots with them (and a couple of stinkers!).

1668018234933.png

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Went to my uncle's club today, Aylesbury Vale, with him and my dad. No rain and the sun was out, but there was a fierce wind making it colder.

Nice par on the first, then missed a 3 foot par putt on the second, and that was how the entire front nine went - no putts dropped and I got nine straight bogeys from the 2nd to the 10th. Then managed three pars in a row so all was going well until the 14th when I chucked in a stupid double bogey from nowhere (knifed a 30 yard pitch through the green and almost into a bush). Then doubled the par 3 15th as well with a ridiculous half-shanky awful tee shot. Again out of nowhere as I'd been striking it well. Finished with three bogeys, but one of those was another dropped point since I don't get a shot - par 3 17th this time hit the purest of flushed 6 irons and sailed over the green by 15 yards and bounced up a scrappy slope. Stupid game!

Finished on 88 for 35 points. Felt like I played well for the most part, but it's the third time I've played there and that's the worst I've scored so still felt disappointed. Was surprised to find in my stats that I only hit one single green in regulation - my chipping was pretty good so I didn't really notice. I think the issue is with my recent minor swing change, I'm striking the ball better but the direction just isn't quite what it was so need to hone that in again.

My uncle gave me a close run for a while but limped home with one pointers on the last five holes so only managed 29. My dad had a bit of mare with only 19 points, but it frustrates me how quickly he will give up on a hole after a bad shot or two. A couple of holes he picked up when I was sure he was still only on 5 or 6 shots (we just play him off 36 hcap so he gets 2 per hole). He's told me he'll be retiring soon or at least semi-retiring, so I do hope he starts playing a bit more - enough that he can actually enjoy it instead of hacking round and getting annoyed.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Had a group session last night on our new top tracer range. 20+ of us played a Texas scramble on the back 9 of the Belfry and then did some longest drive and nearest the pin. Then followed up with pie and chips and a beer in the clubhouse. Great evening

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Played Nairn Dunbar this morning, was running late and realised when I got there I'd forgotten my finger splint. Struggled to hit the ball with my normal grip as it was putting pressure on the swollen knuckle, very painful. Tried the baseball grip by the 3rd, which was far less painful, but had little control over the clubbed. Kept hitting a bit of a block as I couldn't turn the club over.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Out solo first thing, originally just to do 9 - more on this later.
Forecasts said a breeze of about 10-12 mph with gusts up to about 25....well those gusts were pretty constant!
Played a bit averagely on the front but that's the windier side.
Weird thing was that there was nobody else out there...a 2 ball went off the 10th just after I went off the first and I didn't see anyone else until the 9th when I saw a 4 ball wandering down the first. We have a 2 tee start and 4 balls have to go from the 10th until 9.15...it was 8.15.
Met the 2 ball as I teed off 10 and mentioned the 4 ball - they got put right and had to come back to the 10th.
Working my way round the back 9 there was nobody else out there....played well - level par back 9 for a 76..
Met the 2 ball in the car park and they said the 4 ball insisted it was 9.15 when they teed off...so either all 4 of them had forgotten to put their clocks back or they were deliberately ignoring the rules. They were reported ..
Car park was 3/4 full by the time I finished - no idea where they all were:unsure:

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Last minute decision to go out for 10, blowing an absolute hooley, first round in about 6 weeks after work and a holiday.
Zero expectations and played superb, 10 holes in an hour and 20mins ?
Driving great and short game decent, it was on a slightly shorter course and mats, but great to be out ?

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Hopefully once the swelling of the joint that's had the cartilage removed and fused goes down, I will be able to stop wearing the great big plastic splint on it so can grip the club properly. Should be by the end of this month.

I’d swap my plastic splint for your one at the moment. All the best for a quick recovery ?

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played in the swindle today, 35 points. Was chugging along nicely, five pars to start, followed by 3 bogeys and a double to go out in 5 over. Level par back nine with two birdies and another double. Came second ?

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
After 2 days of glorious dry fairways at Ludlow and Hillside it was back to home based clay course and mud of the most stickiest kind ,front wheels of trollies on major clog alert

D

Deleted member 23270

Rollup yesterday, came 2nd and won 7 quid. Another 0.2 nibbled off the handicap, lessons are starting to pay off. 5 of my last 6 cards are counting rounds so happy with that.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
A real pleasure this morning. Wasn't sure if I was going to make 18 holes, covid jab on Thursday left me with a sore arm and a slightly fuzzy head. A few holes in and all was forgotten.

A cracker of an autumn day, sunshine, no wind, mild temperatures. No jackets required as Phil once said. I played with 3 smashing blokes and the round just bobbed along nicely.

Tee shots kept going well, my PXG isn't getting returned, hybrids mixed, irons okay. Big weakness was putting ☹. I managed 1 up to the hole and 17 left short ?. Un blinkin believable. Straight enough, I just couldn't up the pace.

My partner and I lost on the 17th, I ended up with 34 points, happy days. The club even had mince pies for sale afterwards (Asda specials with brandy I believe, very nice too ?)

If every Saturday this winter could be like this then I'll be very happy.

Last edited:

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Had the pleasure this morning to play with a +2 handicap young woman and her dad.
Fabulous to watch her play.
Her ball striking was just fantastic.
Not the longest but she had her ball on a string.
Great company as well, had a nice conversation about golf in the USA,different grasses ,college golf etc.

4BBB we had 43 pts mainly down to my pp if I am honest.
But lovely day for golf, there’s a lot less nicer places to be.