I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Steve Wilkes

Visit site
Stableford today and we thought we were going to get the best of the weather.....:unsure:
Got blown away on the front 9 having started with a birdie the winds ripped up and the rain howled down
It was nasty, really nasty..
7 over on the front 9 for just 13 points..
Started the back,9 with a bogey but a couple of birdies and another bogey to shoot level par and 21 points.
34 barely gets me 10th place but I did have a 2 and.......another cut to 4.3....:eek:
Fragger did OK too..a good back 9 saw him to 34 as well and probably 4th in his division

Divs 1 and 2 both won with 42 points...I'd have had to shoot 1 under gross to match that....but they're genuine players so happy to se them cut?
What was the handicap of the Division 1 player with 42 points

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Greenkeepers Revenge scramble this morning. A lot of fun, with various obstacles on and around the greens, plus a few daft pin positions. My team did ok with a net 59 but the winners came in with 55. We bogeyed our last two holes as well or else we'd have been a little closer to that.

On a personal level, I only hit either excellent shots or bloody awful ones, with basically nothing in between. The good strikes feel so much more solid with the little bit of wrist hinge I'm trying to add, but the bad ones were just woeful - needs bedding in. My short game that was good yesterday completely deserted me today as well. Driving was good, which enabled my big-hitting mate to go for his ones free of pressure and smash it 40 yards past me, so we didn't really use many of my good drives in the end. My best contribution was a beautiful wedge on one of the par 3s that set up our only birdie. On another occasion I hit the flag from around 135 yards, but about halfway up it so really that stopped it flying well past. ?

A great fun day though, shame it rained for the first 4 or 5 holes.

Larry long dog

Visit site
Shot 40 points Saturday (and won the captains last supper) after blobbing the 1st and 3 putting the 2nd so was 1 under gross for next 16 holes. Was thinking why did I bother after the 1st hole. One of my playing partners said come on mate we can make 4 or 5 birdies. Sure enough I made 5 and he made 4! Funny old game.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Started on the back 9 this morning.
Wind still strong, no rain but the wind made things tricky - especially on the front 9
If I'm honest, I played out of my skin for the the first o holes.
1 bogey and 2 birdies - including the most difficult hole on the course- set me up for a 1 under par 35 and 22 points..
Needed that buffer as the other 9, in this wind and from that direction is playing 3 or 4 shots harder than normal.
The downwind holes are not made easier and the upwind holes are a trial..
6 bogeys and 3 pars made up the 2nd 9 and I had to work very hard for some of those bogeys....
Finished 5 over for 36 points and minor cut to the index to 4.25 so still 4.3....
Pleasing given the conditions.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
First full 18 holes since my hand opp. Front 9 wasn't too bad, couple of birdies, but we'll down on distance. Back 9 was pretty poor though again managed acouple of birdies but no pars?

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Played yesterday as I had a bit of free time and a mate joined me. Arrived and found a bit of a crowd about so we teed off on 10and played the back 9 first. Course is soft so it was target practice if you hit the right club which thankfully I did a fair bit. Was 1 under for the 9 holes then we decided to play a few more. Green getting spiked on 1 so jumped to the par 3 3rd. Binned another birdie to go to 2under. Brilliant. Dropped shots on the next two and lost a ball off the tee on the 16th which brought us back to the clubhouse. A lot to be happy with. 4 birds for the day.

Bad part was my back went bang later in the evening when I lifted my wee girl to throw leaves over the wall. Complete agony and I'm clearly crocked now for the foreseeable.

Been here before and no doubt will again. Couple of weeks off the golf wont kill me this time of year. :(

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
First game of the winter off mats. Hit it well in the main, but 3 awful shanks out of nowhere. Haven't hit one in months, so can only put it down to the mat, hopefully just a case of getting used to it again.

5 temporary greens on, 3 as a result of a downpour the previous day, 2 down to ongoing work on a couple of holes. 82 blows for 39 points, happy with that in the circumstances.

Very enjoyable 4BBB as well, we got off to a flyer, 4 up after 5. Our opponents hung in there and got it back to all square with 3 to play. Halved the 16th then I managed to win 17 and 18. Would have been gutted to lose after being 4 up!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
To put my last month of golf into perspective......a month ago, today's round of 6 over par would have been a counting score and given me a fairly healthy cut.
Today...not even in my best 8..:LOL:
Quite how I managed to score as many as 77 is beyond me...
4 putts, all inside 10 feet, lipped the hole and finished within 2 inches...quite how that's possible defeats me.
It can't have been too much pace and finishing 2 inches from the hole it defies the laws of physics that at least one didn't drop.....
Had they done the decent thing and gone in.....well........
Still another decent day on what feels like the first real day of winter..we had a frost first thing..

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I played yesterday and the thing that confused me was that after the first two holes I played in shorts and a polo shirt.
It's November ............................. fantastic.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just a friendly knock with a couple of mates on my home course. 1 under after a birdie on the 4th. Then 6 bogeys on the spin, (one was a 3 putt after a 220 yard 3 wood to the green?), followed by 8 straight pars. Not even a counter for WHS. Golf is mental at times.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Went for a game with my mate who's off 15. A bit drizzly throughout but no downpours and not even that cold by the end really so it was fine. We played a bit of match play - no shots given because he never gave me one when I was a shot higher than him so now I can repay the favour.

We didn't bother warming up so halved the first with double bogeys - standard. ? I threw in another annoying double on the 3rd to go one down, but turned it around by winning 4th and 5th both with up and downs for pars. Played solid after that, no more doubles for me. Went 2 up on the 9th when my mate lost his ball, 3 up on the 12th. Lost the 14th (which was temporarily an awful 75 chip from a cabbage patch as they're about to start work rebuilding it) but won the 15th to restore the 3 up with 3 to play. On the 16th he drove it in the ditch so opened the opportunity for me to win 4 & 2 with a simple bogey, which I gladly took.

81 gross for me, 36 points - I putted quite poorly on several greens, if it wasn't for that I'd have shot in the 70s. Struck the ball so well today considering the miserable conditions, I was really delighted at how the work on ball-striking seemed to be paying off already. Long may it continue.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
8.10 tee off, rained all round, it was cold. Despite that, I enjoyed it. Decent front 9, 18 points, but the weather ground me down on the back 9 and I lost concentration. Too many scrappy shots led to 14 points back. I didn't expect that many in all honesty.

The sort of day where my coffee and toasted tea cake afterwards went down particularly well ?

The new driver, pxg special, is going well still. Minimum effort for maximum output ?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
2 from 3 Stableford off forward tees today. Individually scored 40pts with a 4 over gross which is nice. Weather dreich, but it could have been a lot worse and didn’t really get wet.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
8.10 tee off, rained all round, it was cold. Despite that, I enjoyed it. Decent front 9, 18 points, but the weather ground me down on the back 9 and I lost concentration. Too many scrappy shots led to 14 points back. I didn't expect that many in all honesty.

The sort of day where my coffee and toasted tea cake afterwards went down particularly well ?

The new driver, pxg special, is going well still. Minimum effort for maximum output ?

Must just have missed you in the clubhouse.

Played really well for 41 points today, thought I'd be in with a pretty good chance of winning our unofficial sweep. Walked off the 18th to hear that 48 was winning!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Must just have missed you in the clubhouse.

Played really well for 41 points today, thought I'd be in with a pretty good chance of winning our unofficial sweep. Walked off the 18th to hear that 48 was winning!
41 was very good out there today. I'd ve surprised if you weren't second.

48 was a freak score. I played with that guy a few weeks ago, were you playing that day as well? and he had a 24-25 then.

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
77 with a triple and a double - triple from 15yrds from pin on par 3 in 1 (duff, weak sand shot, fail to see wet spot for chip and missed 4 footer) double took medicine then smashed one low through green, chipped short from iffy lie and failed to make 10 footer.

Some good stuff thrown in for 15 holes I'll add, QUESTION why does a club send an email out with placing everywhere then we play a comp a same course reverting back to fairways only and the course has only got worse not better.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
41 was very good out there today. I'd ve surprised if you weren't second.

48 was a freak score. I played with that guy a few weeks ago, were you playing that day as well? and he had a 24-25 then.
He’s on fire this week, had 42 in our midweek comp. Prior to that, he’s been in the doldrums for ages.

It truly is a funny old game.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Well if I do it’ll be later as course currently closed due to flooding.

At least the contractors doing the major land remodelling work for heavy rainfall management ongoing across three holes will be able to see where the water gathers and runs given the work is nearing completion, and they can change or fix things before returfing and seeding starts.

As these areas are currently not in play the flooding is likely to be greens or just saturated areas of fairway. These all drain pretty quickly so I’d expect the course to be open by 11:30am if the rain stops now…which it hasn’t.