I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Albo

Visit site
I have no idea what is happening with my golf any more.
82 today, fine, score ok. Play off 10 course a par 70 and playing handicap is 11.something. All sounds rather fine for myself but it’s how I put a score together that I can’t get my head round.Between holes 1 to 4 and 14 to 18, I was one over with a 3 putt. The 9 holes from 5 to 13 I’m 11 over. Golf makes no sense, clearly (in my mind at least) I am able to play golf, yet clearly I am unable to sustain any amount of consistency.

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I played in the afternoon in the Vadre trophy. Wind was stronger yesterday than Saturday. I finished top 10 and only 1 person beat their handicap (by 1 shot). Was very tough. Couldn't get up on si 1 with driver and 3 wood. The par 5 into the wind was driver, 3i, 3i. Brutal but enjoyable:)

I had a look at yesterdays results and 35, 33 and 32 were the winning scores in the Seniors, all Conwy members. At least the rain kept off!

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
On the back of yesterday's round and buoyed by how well I'm hitting the new Rogue did a GP round home track with HiD and shot another level par which should see me back to 3 . Comp on Saturday to look forward to.

D

Deleted member 3432

Had a trip to the south of the county to play Ulverston as a practice round for the County Seniors in a couple of weeks.

Not played it for a few years so a good refresher.

Course was in good shape although the greens were desperately slow. Also very nice to play on a calm day after the last couple of days, yesterday really messed my swing up so pleased to get the game back today.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
First round in 3 weeks so I told the lads I am playing off the yellows. All he lads decided to do the same. 19 points on the front nine won me £13. Overall the winner had 35 points. Got to say the greens looked glorious. Since I have been away a lot of the bunkers that were GUR have been filled with quality sand. What a difference they are.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just popped out for a quick nine holes after work, my wife came along and played six of them, but walked the other three. Played 17 through to 6 and then jumped onto the 16th as it leads back to the car park. Three pars and six bogeys for 39 gross. Three-putted twice which was annoying, as I felt like my stroke was good but kept misjudging the speed. After two dodgy drives I hit three absolute crackers. Pitching hit and miss and really needs to improve.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played our summer 4somes KO last night. Me and my PP both off 4, the other guys off 8 and +3 (club champ for last 3 years). There was never more than 1 hole in it and we made a birdie on the last to take it back down the 1st. My 20 foot birdie lipped out, their 12 footer went in. Ah well, there’s always next year.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
I have no idea what is happening with my golf any more.
82 today, fine, score ok. Play off 10 course a par 70 and playing handicap is 11.something. All sounds rather fine for myself but it’s how I put a score together that I can’t get my head round.Between holes 1 to 4 and 14 to 18, I was one over with a 3 putt. The 9 holes from 5 to 13 I’m 11 over. Golf makes no sense, clearly (in my mind at least) I am able to play golf, yet clearly I am unable to sustain any amount of consistency.

I feel like this at the moment, playing to or around my handicap (11) most times but I'm losing all my shots in the space of 5 or 6 holes.

Played 9 last night, shot 4 over with a triple on the third and a dropped shot on the 9th. Went level for the rest.

Strangely though, I get more satisfaction from scoring that way than being stuck on a bogey train.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
5 day open at Nairn this week and a 5 hour round not my idea of fun so we have reciprocal rounds at nairn Dunbar,BoG and Grantown. Had a nice game at ND yesterday and it's way lusher than Nairn, but the course is in great nick,greens good and lots of tree and gorse removed. Hit it well,esp off the tee. 3 bogeys 4 birdies. Happy with how I played won our match 3 up giving a fair few shots.

Last edited:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
And......there goes the worst round of the year by some margin....
19 over par....
Couldn't hit an iron, couldn't buy a putt, lost a ball in 2 inch rough.......
Looking on the bright side..if it gets any worse I'll have a few quid to spare after I've sold my kit.......

SurreyGolfer

Visit site
Played front nine from back tees, shot 45 (22 points, best 9 thus far) so hard to be disappointed.....but +3 gross after 6 followed by 3 doubles on the bounce hurts

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
First Club scratch match last night. Playing a guy off +2.
Had never played the course before but came out the gates hot and got 2up quickly. Local knowledge helped him get it back to level just after the turn. He finally closed out the match on the 17th. Little gutted but the lack of course knowledge didn’t make it easy.

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
In the old days I think it would have been Reductions Only fo handicaps but PCC went to 3.

I'm back on Thursday and Friday and the weathers looking better :) !!!

Certainly would have been reductions only for both of Mondays comps.

I've got an open at Rhuddlan tomorrow so hoping for an easier day.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Back was hurting so got out for 12 holes to see if it would loosen up ahead of the handicap match tomorrow.

Started with 5 bogeys in the first 6 holes and was struggling a little before parring the final 6. Lost a bit of distance with the driver due to the back but it was pretty straight so not the end of the world.

Edit: now stuck on the sofa unable to move due to back.

Last edited:

Springveldt

Visit site
Played in the sweep tonight and played well. Seems like I’m in a little purple patch just now as I shot 76 for a 4.0 differential and will be getting a cut again.

Drove the ball really, really well. Didn’t hit irons that well but pitched great and lag putted great. Even overcame one bad swing where I hoicked one left into the trees and lost it and ended up with a double on the hole.

So 4 rounds in a row I’ve driven the ball well, maybe I’ve found something again.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Played yesterday, started reasonably well but then for some reason started pulling my drives left. Big time. Found water off the tee at 5, 6 and 8 which resulted in three no returns. Costly, and ruined my front 9 score with only 12 points.
Sorted it a bit on the back 9, where I had 23 points. So ended up with 35 points, but 5 blobs in total. Ouch. I'm hitting the ball a lot, lot better than my scores are suggesting.
:cry::cry::cry:

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Played yesterday, started reasonably well but then for some reason started pulling my drives left. Big time. Found water off the tee at 5, 6 and 8 which resulted in three no returns. Costly, and ruined my front 9 score with only 12 points.
Sorted it a bit on the back 9, where I had 23 points. So ended up with 35 points, but 5 blobs in total. Ouch. I'm hitting the ball a lot.
:cry::cry::cry:

Fixed for you Rob.(y)

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
We had a medal today and i played pretty well, I was frustrated for the first half dozen or so holes as I was hitting the ball really well but 5 times I was I was just off the green but failed to get up and down, I finished the front 9 5 over.
On the back I did miss a short putt after a good chip and also went through the green into water on the 17th (stopped me having a round with nothing worse than a 5 on) despite those hiccups was just 3 over for the back so 8 over all told and 2 better than my handicap.
This will be my last round before the new course ratings/slope come into effect, so I expect my handicap after today will be as low as it will ever get.

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Todays playing conditions for our seniors open at Rhuddlan were a lot calmer than earlier in the week. Couldn't buy a putt from over 5ft but reasonably happy with my 35 points.