I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Just 15 holes today as horizontal rain isn't my idea of a good time.....if it's yours then fill yer boots..I'm off for breakfast
Scratchy front 9, so e good, some bad...16 points..
Back 9 was encouraging
Bogey on the first but then 4 pars and a birdie - 4 x 3 point holes on the bounce - took me to 31 from the 15 played.
Supposed to be out tomorrow but the 40mph winds may put paid to that.....gusting 30 mph today was tough enough...

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Suppose to be playing our Masters par 3 event tonight but got soaked coming home from work and the idea of going out and getting soaked again for a purely fun event doesn't fill me with enthusiasm so pulled out. As it goes I'm still not feeling totally myself so strong cold winds and rain aren't a good idea for my own well being.

RichA

Visit site
I knew many players who had the matching set. They could all hit the 3 wood really well but could never hit the driver well.
@Voyager EMH might just be the exception to that. I'm particularly thinking of one tee shot over water that ran out of fairway on a dogleg at about 250 yards. Impressive with a 40 year old wooden 1-wood. Graphite shaft though. ?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Played semi-final of Winter singles K/O in really difficult windy and at times very wet conditions. Played as well as I can - indeed as well as I can remember playing - and rode a bit of luck to an almost unbelievable 7-5 win.

Nice compliment from my opponent as we walked in - he's been a member for over 40 yrs and won a load of comps but he reckoned I played as well as any amateur he's played with or against over these years - and he's played with plenty of scratch and plus players...

Extravagant praise indeed, and perhaps a little hyperbole. But if I'd holed a couple of three footers I missed early on I'd have been a couple under gross when we finished after 13. Dead chuffed and onwards to the final.

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
9 holes and then instead of walking in we did 17th tee to 18th green and three putted for bogey. 5i through a narrow gap between the trees and then a 6i for GIR. Man my putting sucks!

It was gusting to about 35 mph so it was tough... first hole lately has been driver - 9i and it was driver, 5i, 9i flighted pitch under the wind - crazy!

although it was brutal and I finished +7 through 9 holes I only recall hitting 1 bad shot. Double bogey on 7 with an unplayable lie was still OK.

Once again, putting let me down... I was hitting them well just misreading the greens which is frustrating. Chipped close on 3, 5, 6 & 7 but missed every putt.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Off for 9 holes this afternoon. Got the original Anser 2 back in the bag and off to hit some balls first. Played so so hanging last Saturday (note to self don't go mad in the bar tonight) and 7th in the division on Sunday driving and putting badly so I feel my golf is in an ok place and just need it to change by a fine margin to play well. Hoping its this weekend

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
First game off the whites today, oosh it was tough on the front 9 esp with it being pretty cold and a very strong wind. Had to hit 3 wood on the 1st and 2nd and still didn't reach the green,veven with shots I his as well as I could. First medal at Nairn tomorrow and the forcast is for same again on Saturday. We'll at least that should get another one of my good scores off?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
3 birdies today - 2 from Eagle putts ( I love tap-in birdies)
But plenty of dross caused by bad kicks and bounces as well as dodgy lies.
Found a divot in the rough, a deep footprint in a bunker which cost me a triple as the ball came back into the print again, 3 chips hit the pin didn't drop - even though the pace wasn't excessive......one of those days..

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Played the Mathern Course at St Pierre with Donna this afternoon. Started with consecutive birdies at first two holes, not sure I've ever done that before! 37 points on iffy recently tinned greens.

Can't help thinking if I'd driven a couple of hours for a weekend in the hotel, much of this (albeit the second course) isn't worth the travel. The good holes are decent, but several quite weak.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
First round of the year card in hand at my club today. Shot an 86 ,so 4 over CH, and was incredibly disappointed at that.

Despite the strong wind my driving and irons were pretty decent but around and on the greens I was absolutely dreadful. 7 (yes, SEVEN) 3 putts.

Time on the practice green required i think. Just couldn't get the reading or weighting of them at all.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Seniors Greensome comp today, we played well but let some shots slip on the back nine and I had a feeling we'd miss out because of it.
Turned out to be true as we were in a group of three pairs tied on nett 70 but we came third on countback. Several shots I can recall that should have been better, and a treble on the 14th was horrendous!

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
After 18 months, 11 holes at the new course ( Did 9 and played the first two again before my batteries ran out, 2 pars 5 bogeys and four doubles.
There is still a game in me somewhere.

Knackered ????