Visit site
Well
I had a very good day today
Medal. Packed course, very slow
Index 22.4 so playing off 26

Started off Birdie Par, bogie, bogie, par, par and it just went on and on
Gross 39 for the front 9, beating @Imurg who had gross 40
Would have had 27 points if playing stableford,

Unfortunately we were badly delayed on the 10th tee hanging around for the best part of 20 minutes and things returned to near normal on the back 9

Recorded a gross 90 for a net 64 and clubhouse leader with about 15 scores still to come in out of a field of 123

Index should come down to 20 so 3 shots off the playing handicap

Little Bro got net 73 but did record a 2 so gets a dib of the 2’s pot

One very happy Fragger ?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Went to Northwick Park nine hole with the wife today. The course is still awful but we were going to try the nearby pitch and putt which ended up being closed for some reason, so we only had time to go here.

I started shockingly with three doubles. Managed 3 pars and a few bogeys before the end though to shoot 39 (+10) and 15 points. Not the best but bareable considering the greens are baked sand and the bunkers are effectively gravel. Wife did quite well, shooting 50 for 24 points. I always give her 3 shots per hole for Stableford purposes but that results in her getting loads of points when we play courses that are largely or all par 3s. She got an actual par today for a 5 pointer! :LOL:

Last edited:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Finished 7th in my division in the medal with a net 75. Given the pace of play issues (see random irritations) I was pleased especially as I didn't hit the ball well. Made a treble on our 6th going OOB by less than a foot (and yes it was a post to post ruling but I was in full agreement). Played the back nine better. Putted horrible and drove even worse than that so it could have been considerably worse and at the same time so much better Quite content on the way I grinded a score out

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well
I had a very good day today
Medal. Packed course, very slow
Index 22.4 so playing off 26

Started off Birdie Par, bogie, bogie, par, par and it just went on and on
Gross 39 for the front 9, beating @Imurg who had gross 40
Would have had 27 points if playing stableford,

Unfortunately we were badly delayed on the 10th tee hanging around for the best part of 20 minutes and things returned to near normal on the back 9

Recorded a gross 90 for a net 64 and clubhouse leader with about 15 scores still to come in out of a field of 123

Index should come down to 20 so 3 shots off the playing handicap

Little Bro got net 73 but did record a 2 so gets a dib of the 2’s pot

One very happy Fragger ?

nice one Fragger

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
We had an interclub mixed knockout today, away at Crewe, I had to play with our Club Captain, who had had an indifferent game last week after I drive ins.

We were giving 6 shots and happily he played a lot better today and I was steady and we won our match 3&1 The team played well behind us and we came away winners 4-3.

Great hospitality by Crewe too. interesting only of there players was an 80 year former European seniors amateur champion

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Not today, but yesterday, we had the season opener. 2-ball better-ball Stableford. It was a shotgun start and because it was so well subscribed it had to be split into two. The cold weather mean that both the morning and afternoon rounds started half an hour late.
We played in the afternoon and definitely had the warmer weather. We tee'd off from the 17th and started off well, with a 3 pointer on the 17th and a 4 pointer on the 18th (that was me, good drive, 5 wood to the edge of the green and about a 60 footer from the front of the green). We meshed together and finished up with 47 points, never getting less than 2 points on any hole. Some good scrambling as well. We handed our card in and were in front for about 30 seconds till the group behind handed in a card with 49 points. Still happy though, won a very nice club logo Polo shirt in a very fetching pink.
The course was looking fantastic as well.

Yorkhacker

Visit site
Played in an individual Stableford and played OK for 33 points. I'd told myself beforehand that I'd be happy with anything over 30, but wasn't. The weather was up and down with a big hailstorm on the 6th and various showers which was a bit distracting. Coat on, coat off, umbrella up, umbrella down. Even down to shirtsleeves for a few holes - typical Yorkshire weather!

What I don't understand is why my WHS Index has gone up 1.0 even though it was a non counting round. If anyone can enlighten me I would be grateful

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Played in an individual Stableford and played OK for 33 points. I'd told myself beforehand that I'd be happy with anything over 30, but wasn't. The weather was up and down with a big hailstorm on the 6th and various showers which was a bit distracting. Coat on, coat off, umbrella up, umbrella down. Even down to shirtsleeves for a few holes - typical Yorkshire weather!

What I don't understand is why my WHS Index has gone up 1.0 even though it was a non counting round. If anyone can enlighten me I would be grateful
Index is based on an average of the best 8 of your last 20 rounds
Yesterday's round dropped your 20th score to 21st so it doesn't appear in the calculation
Sounds like that score was a good one and your next best, which becomes your 8th counting score, wasn't as good
Hence the increase.

D

Deleted member 3432

4 over 76 in the worst of the conditions after going out last in comp.

Pleased with that as front 9 could have easily been a cricket score into a strong and very cold wind.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Enjoyable 5 holes Academy Texas Scramble mid afternoon when course pretty quiet. Interesting hearing views of Academy Members on the club (+ve) and becoming full members (difficult due to waiting times) and problems for couples wishing to join as even Academy membership is full for gents.

YandaB

Visit site

In addition to Imurgs explanation there is another scenario. If you only have a small number of rounds then at certain points the calculation changes removing either an extra one or two strokes.
Edit: It looks like this could happen on the 4th, 5th or 7th cards.

Yorkhacker

Visit site
Index is based on an average of the best 8 of your last 20 rounds
Yesterday's round dropped your 20th score to 21st so it doesn't appear in the calculation
Sounds like that score was a good one and your next best, which becomes your 8th counting score, wasn't as good
Hence the increase.

Thanks for the explanation, it will be very useful if I ever get to 20+ scores! Having done a bit more digging, because it was only my 5th scoring card, I'm thinking it was because the adjustment has dropped to 0. Does that make sense

Yorkhacker

Visit site
In addition to Imurgs explanation there is another scenario. If you only have a small number of rounds then at certain points the calculation changes removing either an extra one or two strokes.
Edit: It looks like this could happen on the 4th, 5th or 7th cards.

Great, that confirms what I was writing on my reply to Imurg when you posted. Thank you