I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
I played 18 holes today for the first time in a couple of months, with one thing an another although I have been playing regularly it has only been 9 to 12 holes at a time. I played very well and was only a couple over par after 11 but I did feel the extra holes and sadly had 4 double bogeys in the last 7 holes.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Didn't play although I probably could get to the club after work and get 5-6 holes in before it gets dark at nearly 5.00pm. However opted for the range which was bitterly cold. Hit it poorly yesterday even though I got it round in 37 points to take the cash. Tops (into a hazard) fades and slices off the tee, some pulls lefts and a loss of distance with all the clubs. Felt like I was stuck for room. Check list of grip, posture and alignment done. Takeaway better and not fanning the club inside (recent issue) and a feeling of the hips bumping forward to start the downswing. End result was a feeling of the club being far more in front and a feeling of the club exiting left through impact. Very happy with the progress and would like to sneak out early one day this week to tray and get a few holes in to try it out

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Well.....today I beat Golf....with the half set again
10 fairways in regulation
13 Greens in regulation
3 birdies (all the par 3s on the back 9)
14 pars
1 bogey.
69 shots
46 stableford points.
2 slightly poor drives but recovered for par both times
2 missed putts - a 9 footer on the 5th and a 15 footer on the last. And either of those are missable anytime....
Just about as good as I could have played....
And Fragger did OK too...37 points
On the 11th hole I was level par and he was only 2 points behind me....but the Old Bugger got tired and melted away.
Bloody love this game!

Late to the party with this one but good golf sir. Very impressive. Good on Frag too. Hopefully he'll get his fitness back and can hang in there for a full round. I'm sure his time will come

D

Deleted member 21258

3.50am rise, 36 holes on Saturday, started with a big top into the dunes thick rough. Triple 1st, terrible putting, 53 front nine. Woke up on back nine with a 39, couple of birdies.

WHS scoring diff 16. Absolutely bone dry out there, greens pretty quick for winter. 40 minute break then off again.

All finished off on the 36th with a big hook left of the green, joined up with the 2 ball behind, as it was pretty dark and one of the guys hitting a light up ball to the green, Looked great in the sky in that darkness.

Great fun.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Semi final of the vets greensomes this morning, a game under most circumstances we'd expect to win. But it was on temporary greens until frost clears, most of the temporary greens are 30 yards short of the main greens and being at a course with fairly small main greens you can imagine temps are not easy to hit and we were giving away 9 shots.

Anyway, at the turn main greens were re instated and we won comfortably 4 and 2

Just hope that I can play in the final and also win next weeks semi final of the vets foursomes

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
I know its winter golf, soft greens etc.....but broken a milestone today and shot under 75, with a 74.

We have a few of tees forward a little bit, so the course is probably playing 150-200 yards shorter but no temp greens so I'm taking it. Just nice and simple golf, kept doubles off my card, had 2 birdies, 7 bogeys and the rest pars. Round in under 3 hours too.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I know its winter golf, soft greens etc.....but broken a milestone today and shot under 75, with a 74.

We have a few of tees forward a little bit, so the course is probably playing 150-200 yards shorter but no temp greens so I'm taking it. Just nice and simple golf, kept doubles off my card, had 2 birdies, 7 bogeys and the rest pars. Round in under 3 hours too.
Still got to hit the shots....(y)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

Good effort. You can only play the course as its presented and still have to get the ball in the hole so a decent achievement. Also, being winter it is wet and so you have to be pretty good with strike especially around the greens and make the putts

D

Deleted member 15344

Nice golf ??

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

I never understand this idea that winter golf is easier, it never is for me! That's a great round, you seem to be getting better and better lately judging from your posts.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Pleasant surprise first thing to find the forecast frost hadn't come overnight, and we were on the proper greens. Played as well as I can remember for 82, my new low score. 9 pars, 7 bogies and 2 doubles. Really chuffed given I only broke 90 for the first time last summer. Mid-80s now seems to be my norm, 80 is the next target!

Won the sweep as well for an added bonus.

HarrogateHacker

Visit site
4 holes at lunch, 2 pars, 2 bogeys. Not hitting the ball as well as in practice but interestingly my scoring is improving. Looking forward to the weekend again, hopefully it warms through a little to get onto proper greens rather than temps.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
A late afternoon 16 holes.
Played a 1.62" Dunlop 65 ball for the first six holes and was level to handicap
Played 10 of the remaining 12 holes and was one over handicap so pretty happy with the play, especially as I didn't hole one putt of any note and missed a few I'd normally expect to get.

Hit some lovely iron shots with the Dunlop Maxfli Australian Blades.

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
Felt like an absolute struggle, traffic was a nightmare so I arrived about five minutes before teeing off and had no time to warm up…. Double bogeyed the first. Parred 2 & 3 and thought I was on my way but the front nine was an absolute grind for 15 points with a blob.

Back-nine kicked off really well, par, par, par birdie And then it began to unravel again. Sliced drive on 14 and had to take an unplayable… thankfully holed a long putt for bogey. Par on 15 And then after hitting the drive the day up 16 I somehow managed to blob it after finding the deep rough with my second shot. Par on 17 and then a double on 18 after failing to get out of the green side bunker on the first attempt.

34 points, felt a lot worse but geez, could easily have been 40

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Felt like an absolute struggle, traffic was a nightmare so I arrived about five minutes before teeing off and had no time to warm up…. Double bogeyed the first. Parred 2 & 3 and thought I was on my way but the front nine was an absolute grind for 15 points with a blob.

Back-nine kicked off really well, par, par, par birdie And then it began to unravel again. Sliced drive on 14 and had to take an unplayable… thankfully holed a long putt for bogey. Par on 15 And then after hitting the drive the day up 16 I somehow managed to blob it after finding the deep rough with my second shot. Par on 17 and then a double on 18 after failing to get out of the green side bunker on the first attempt.

34 points, felt a lot worse but geez, could easily have been 40

Where you playing your golf and where was the traffic so bad? Do you think the stress of rushing caught up with you on the back nine? Great start after the turn