I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Well.....today I beat Golf....with the half set again
10 fairways in regulation
13 Greens in regulation
3 birdies (all the par 3s on the back 9)
14 pars
1 bogey.
69 shots
46 stableford points.
2 slightly poor drives but recovered for par both times
2 missed putts - a 9 footer on the 5th and a 15 footer on the last. And either of those are missable anytime....
Just about as good as I could have played....
And Fragger did OK too...37 points
On the 11th hole I was level par and he was only 2 points behind me....but the Old Bugger got tired and melted away.
Bloody love this game!

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
13 Greens in regulation
14 pars
1 bogey.
69 shots
46 stableford points.
2 missed putts - a 9 footer on the 5th and a 15 footer on the last. And either of those are missable anytime....
On the 11th hole I was level par and he was only 2 points behind me....but the Old Bugger got tired and melted away.
Bloody love this game!

Very acceptable, well done. ??

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
13 Greens in regulation
14 pars
1 bogey.
69 shots
46 stableford points.
Bloody love this game!

Today

Well played Bro ??

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
13 Greens in regulation
14 pars
1 bogey.
69 shots
46 stableford points.
Bloody love this game!
Well played. Cannot believe you would class 9 and 15 ft putts as missed. What % of pro’s get putts within 15 foot? Suppose having 46 points you would class yourself as a pro. Great knock!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Well played. Cannot believe you would class 9 and 15 ft putts as missed. What % of pro’s get putts within 15 foot? Suppose having 46 points you would class yourself as a pro. Great knock!
Cheers
It's like I said, they were missable at any time but I'd sunk longer today...but I'm not complaining:ROFLMAO:

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site

Pros average 50% from 8ft. For us amateurs 10 and 15 footers are nice to hole, but realistically we Just aren’t going to hole many.

HarrogateHacker

Visit site
Played full 18 today, all on proper greens, two under net. Approach and chipping v good. A few dodgy drives and longer putts not great. Overall though still moving in the right direction and happy with the improvements

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
13 Greens in regulation
14 pars
1 bogey.
69 shots
46 stableford points.
Bloody love this game!

Short winter course was it? ;)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Foursomes quarter final match today. Having failed to get out yesterday due to the fog, it was deja vu this morning as we found ourselves waiting for fog to clear again, but eventually it did around 10:15 ish. We were getting 3 shots this time as we're up against a 6 and an 18.

There were four temp greens on the front nine which made those holes a slightly different proposition - including the 1st and 2nd but somehow I slammed six-footers home on both of them. My putting stayed good for the whole round, and I have to say my partner wasn't playing that great so I needed to hole a few. We were 2 up after winning our shot hole the 7th, but unfortunately we lost the next two holes with a few silly mistakes.

On the 10th I hit my worst tee shot of the day topping a hybrid, so they took their chance to put us 1 down for the first time. We won our next shot hole on the 12th to level it, but then the wheels came off for us at the worst time and we lost the next three, putting us 3 down with 3 to play. 16th was our third and final shot hole though so we won that, then on the 17th I hit my best shot of the day, knocking our approach to 8 feet - my partner only got his putt half way there but thankfully I stuck it away to take it down the 18th.

Normally on the 18th my drives end up in the right hand trees, but weirdly I managed to hit it straight down into the left trees (playing for a fade that never came). Green was blocked out by trees so my partner had to punch out and hope we can get up down. To our surprise, their 6 capper duffed it from the fairway to just outside a really difficult bunker, so suddenly it was game on again. Luckily for them his partner was left-handed though which meant he didn't have to stand in the bunker, and he played a fantastic chip to about 4 feet. We weren't able to get up down so that was it.

Gutted to lose but we really enjoyed every round, and winning three matches and getting to the quarters is probably more than we expected really! I'm proud at how we never gave up in any match, like taking them to the 18th today, or the second round where we came back from 3 down, or even in the third round when we let a 4 up lead slip before getting our act together and winning it the following 2. I'm sure we'll enter again next time it comes around and hopefully get a stage or two further.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Played in the winter open at Kirkby Lonsdale - 4bbb format.

I started off terribly and was carried by my partner for the first few holes but we ended up sharing the load overall when I hit a purple patch from holes 8 to 13.

After 22 points on the front 9 and a great start to the back 9 we stood on the 14th tee talking about how a decent score was on the cards... before we both blobbed it ?‍♂️.

Ended up with 44 points and I personally played to handicap which I was happy with given conditions and my start.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Hit the ball terribly. Got a feeling of not rotating and getting stuck and so having to do some fucky stuff to make any sort of contact. BUT, found a way to get it round and used my shots very wisely to somehow amass 37 points. Ugly but functional and only went and took the £75. A study in its not how its how many

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Well, a day of good scoring at the club, you needed 41 points just to get in the prizes…..fortunately I was one of them.

Hit driver as well as I ever have for a full round, typical as I have a new one on order. Started on fire and was on 21 points after 7 holes, the game is just so much easier when hitting good tee shots. Overall had 3 birdies on the card and 2 good looks at eagle.

Ended with 2 really bad holes and signed for a 79 gross, leaving me with 41 points and a share of 4th place.

47 points won the day, I believe it was a 3 HI shooting a 8 under par 61.

D

Deleted member 23270

I'm not sure there is any point posting details of winter golf. Short courses, winter greens etc. It's just a bit of exercise at this time of year. But for those that are interested I shot 69 yesterday.