I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
Where you playing your golf and where was the traffic so bad? Do you think the stress of rushing caught up with you on the back nine? Great start after the turn
The drive down to hindhead usually takes 30 minutes but took an hour …. The A322 was painfully slow all the way down and Guildford was jammed at the A3. Main problem on the front 9 was driver, put it in the heather every time. Driving on the back 9 was much better and drove the short par 4 13th green

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
The drive down to hindhead usually takes 30 minutes but took an hour …. The A322 was painfully slow all the way down and Guildford was jammed at the A3. Main problem on the front 9 was driver, put it in the heather every time. Driving on the back 9 was much better and drove the short par 4 13th green

Good drive sir. A3 always has the potential to be cantankerous. Hindhead is unforgiving if you miss the short stuff. I know from bitter experience.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Fantastic weather on the moray firth this morning. Even some warmth in the sun on the back 9. Quite a breeze, St leady 3 clubs first thing. Driving was hit and miss stuck it on the beach on 3 and 7, but still managed yo get up and down as the tide was out. Much better on the back 9, one highlight being drive and 9 iron on the par 5 tenth, which I just lipped out for Eagle. Greens are still excellent despite the time of year.

Last edited:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Trolleys are back and the course was as solid as a rock:ROFLMAO:
An absolute lottery, no control over the ball, dare not pitch on the green or fringe....
Didn't bother scoring just had a good laugh all the way round...
And it was, quite possibly, the coldest I've been on a golf course for a good long while....
Only a slight breeze but it cut right through everything...
The mini breakfast and coffee at the end was much required.....

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Trolleys are back and the course was as solid as a rock:ROFLMAO:
An absolute lottery, no control over the ball, dare not pitch on the green or fringe....
Didn't bother scoring just had a good laugh all the way round...
And it was, quite possibly, the coldest I've been on a golf course for a good long while....
Only a slight breeze but it cut right through everything...
The mini breakfast and coffee at the end was much required.....

Is that a way of saying the frozen golf lottery beat you?

HarrogateHacker

Visit site
Full 18 we’re on temps today, so the was course shorter and for me easier but some of the greens are tough when frozen. Shot 78, 6 over -12 net. 49pts in the betterball. The winter work is really getting going now, and am hopeful I can finally drop my handicap this year. First time ever under 80 (yes I know it’s temp greens and doesn’t really count!!)

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
First KO round of the Winter League, I couldn't hole a putt all round apart from one on the first that never looked like it had a chance of going in, maybe I used all my luck on that first putt. Luckily, however, my partner's putter was hot, he made three birdies in the first 7 holes which got us off to a good start and we ran out 3 & 2 winners and into the last 8.

I was playing Walter Hagen laminated 1, 3 & 4 woods
Dunlop Maxfli Australian Blades, 2 to SW
John Letters Golden Goose putter, normally reliable and my favourite of the 4 or 5 examples I have but today it went AWOL.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
21 points in the front with a freezing putter which I’ve not had for almost a year, melted on the back to rock home with 34 points. Not overly worried about the putter on winter greens, but the new driver is definitely safe in the bag.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 16999

Texas Scramble today, great fun, handicap allowances were 25%, 20%, 15%, & 10%, our 4Ball had 6 shots and finished with 57 for a total of 12 under, winning team had 49 for 20 under.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
First full round for a couple of weeks I think. It was colder than I thought it would be, and I took a few holes to properly warm up. Fatting or underclubbing seemed to be a constant problem with the conditions, but a fairly standard winter golf 86 for 33 points in the end. Lots of bogeys (11), not enough pars (only 4). Some of the fats I could do absolutely nothing about to be fair, even though I don't think it's rained in a couple of days I still had some lies that were like hitting it off a pile of mashed potato.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
First full round for a couple of weeks I think. It was colder than I thought it would be, and I took a few holes to properly warm up. Fatting or underclubbing seemed to be a constant problem with the conditions, but a fairly standard winter golf 86 for 33 points in the end. Lots of bogeys (11), not enough pars (only 4). Some of the fats I could do absolutely nothing about to be fair, even though I don't think it's rained in a couple of days I still had some lies that were like hitting it off a pile of mashed potato.

Glad to see you got a tee time, or did you join the roll up?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Usual Saturday roll up. Nice group including Dufferman. I played nicely off the yellows for 39 points including 22 out. Didn't drive it as well as I can but in general terms very happy with the way I played. Took my old Ping Cadence Anser 2 out (needs to go back at some point as the face is all chipped in the insert) and putted nicely. Confirmed my decision to go bacl to that style of putter.

Played with a 24 handicapper we had already cut to 21 for previous wins and he did something I've not seen before. Birdie on 4, 5, 6 and a net birdie on 7 for 16 points in four holes. Won it by a mile with 46 points and was out in 26 points. Suffice to say cut another 2 shots

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Pleasant surprise first thing to find the forecast frost hadn't come overnight, and we were on the proper greens. Played as well as I can remember for 82, my new low score. 9 pars, 7 bogies and 2 doubles. Really chuffed given I only broke 90 for the first time last summer. Mid-80s now seems to be my norm, 80 is the next target!

Won the sweep as well for an added bonus.

84 blows to win the sweep again yesterday. Can't believe how consistently well I am playing. My only concern is that a lot of it is down to playing off a decent mat, and I'll struggle when the fairway protection comes off next month. As well as helping my strike, I find the mat is a big help with alignment, something I tend to be poor at.

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
I think I officially have the putting yips ?

Solid 81 yesterday for 35 points yesterday but every putt over about 20 feet I left short… not just a foot short… miles short resulting in 4 3 putts. An 81 that could easily have equaled my lowest score of 77, putting is really holding me back.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I think I officially have the putting yips ?

Solid 81 yesterday for 35 points yesterday but every putt over about 20 feet I left short… not just a foot short… miles short resulting in 4 3 putts. An 81 that could easily have equaled my lowest score of 77, putting is really holding me back.

That sounds like pace control issue or reading the green speed rather than the yips.

The yips are an uncontrolled twitch and usually occur on short putts.

D

Deleted member 15344

Winter league today

Giving 18 shots each to the pair of them

We went round 5 under as a pair - lost on the 17th

One of them has played over 80 times last year but only 2 cards in the system ?