I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

AliMc

Visit site
Winter league today

Giving 18 shots each to the pair of them

We went round 5 under as a pair - lost on the 17th

One of them has played over 80 times last year but only 2 cards in the system ?
Shouldn't have been allowed to play in the competition in my humble opinion but then others will say were just moaning due to us being low handicaps
Tin Hat on !

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Shouldn't have been allowed to play in the competition in my humble opinion but then others will say were just moaning due to us being low handicaps
Tin Hat on !

While I agree that 2 counting cards isn't enough to enter a club KO, I also wonder if the other pair would have come on here to give their story if they'd lost on the 17th?

D

Deleted member 15344

What handicap is your partner Phil?

He plays off 11 so had 9 shots

He got a great birdie for a half on the 2nd ??
While I agree that 2 counting cards isn't enough to enter a club KO, I also wonder if the other pair would have come on here to give their story if they'd lost on the 17th?

One of the 21 handicappers had 11 pars - the other one ( 2 card man ) had 9 plus one birdie on SI 2

21 handicappers shouldnt be scoring at that level - and it’s not the first time in the WL

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
Winter league today

Giving 18 shots each to the pair of them

We went round 5 under as a pair - lost on the 17th

One of them has played over 80 times last year but only 2 cards in the system ?

Have to have a minimum of 8 cards in the last 12 months at our place or you don’t qualify to compete. You can still play but you’re excluded from prizes

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Went out for nine holes with the wife today - first time she's been out since November I think, but as it hasn't really rained this week I thought it would be a decent time to get her back out. Weather wasn't too bad either, three layers was enough anyway. ?

We went to Aldenham, it's a little bit longer than some of the nine holes I play with her, but it's nice and local. She loves her new driver I got her for Christmas. It's amazing to see how much difference it makes, she's hitting over 100 yards almost every time, with the old driver or 3 wood it was only about 50/50 really. Good strikes she can reach 130 and that's without any roll in the mud. She shot 69 in the end for 10 Stableford points - her putting was good as it usually is, just trying to hit irons from the long grass and mud that costs her which is understandable. She hit enough good shots that I think she was happy with how she played, and it was better than she did last time we went there. She loved her new Nike golf shoes as well. ?

I played really well myself - I actually managed 8 pars - and 1 triple bogey. ? My putter was on fire so I managed to get up and down 6 times. So that was 36 gross for 22 points for me. Great day all round. ?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Went for a game at Brora, nice and sunny but a fair breeze. Down wind the front 9 which made it driveand a chip on on most holes, back 9 was somewhat tougher, 18th was driver and was still short ?. Course in pretty good shape, interesting thing is that some of the winter tees are behind the back tees in winter?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Again today - was going to go out for a few holes but got a bit late in pm and a bit chilly (wimp that I am) so just hit 40 balls on range with my 7i and athletes foot spray to monitor where on clubhead I'm hitting it.

And it's getting better - with maybe only 1/4 not fully centre or toe side of centre - and maybe only 4 completely missing the centre line. What has amazed me with my new practice feedback regime is how close to the hosel I can hit the ball and produce what looks and kinda feels a decent shot - but in truth which is very close to my cliff edge and so is not good at all.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Played in the Sunday roll up. Driver not behaving 100% and second round with the Ping Cadence Anser2 in the bag after a long lay off but couldn't make a putt. Struck the putts well but the ball scared of the dark. Despite this came in with 39 points but nowhere near the winning 45. Very unusual this weekend for both weekend roll ups to be won with over 40 points so my two 39 points was pleasing and feel like my game is in an ok place. Pitching in for birdie at 14 from 40 yards was a pleasing highlight

Boomy

Visit site
Played Eyemouth ⛳️ today - fab track and hospitality (before and after) The views from the course are fantastic and there are some super holes on there. The par 4 7th hole is a beauty, as is the par 3 6th hole - played from cliff side, across the ravine with a small green the target ⛳️ I was first off, playing 160 or so yards into a stiff wind, elevated green - gripped down on a 5 iron and put it to 6ft’ish and made the 2 ? (also won nearest the pin ⛳️) Happy days. Course well worth a visit and they do a great deal, bacon roll & coffee, golf, and 2 course meal for £40pp 64DFE855-4CD1-4764-BE7D-AB023C613F34.jpeg
4B039FB5-4663-4E87-AFAE-6566DEAACF1A.jpeg

AliMc

Visit site
Played Eyemouth ⛳️ today - fab track and hospitality (before and after) The views from the course are fantastic and there are some super holes on there. The par 4 7th hole is a beauty, as is the par 3 6th hole - played from cliff side, across the ravine with a small green the target ⛳️ I was first off, playing 160 or so yards into a stiff wind, elevated green - gripped down on a 5 iron and put it to 6ft’ish and made the 2 ? (also won nearest the pin ⛳️) Happy days. Course well worth a visit and they do a great deal, bacon roll & coffee, golf, and 2 course meal for £40pp View attachment 40775
View attachment 40776
We played a match (for Dunbar) against Eyemouth when they opened the new course (it used to be a short 9 hole course and now it's a monster when taking into account the huge elevation changes) and the new clubhouse, which as you say has fabulous views. As I live more than 40 miles away I took out an offer of country membership for a couple of years, it was something like £40 a year at the time. The 6th is an amazing hole, I've hit full out 3 wood a couple of times due to the wind

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Today was almost like playing a new course....
Over the last few days the course has dried out sufficiently to allow ironing/rolling of the greens...
They hadn't been iron for, maybe 3 or 4 weeks due to them being so soft..
And they were like lightening!!
Almost having to relearn the greens after a slow winter...
Some of the breaks were unreal - its crazy how quickly you forget them..
Struggled to get my timing right on the front 9...only 13 points but found a bit of form on the back to finish kn 32.
Average.....got to work on the putting some more....

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Today was almost like playing a new course....
Over the last few days the course has dried out sufficiently to allow ironing/rolling of the greens...
They hadn't been iron for, maybe 3 or 4 weeks due to them being so soft..
And they were like lightening!!
Almost having to relearn the greens after a slow winter...
Some of the breaks were unreal - its crazy how quickly you forget them..
Struggled to get my timing right on the front 9...only 13 points but found a bit of form on the back to finish kn 32.
Average.....got to work on the putting some more....

I put my old Ping Cadence 2 in the bag at the weekend. Really liked the feel but like you the greens had sped up and so Saturday was a sighter. Much better yesterday but couldn't buy a putt. The greens still had the winter bobbles on them which didn't help but I am off this week to work on the putting. I've put it off as winter greens aren't always conducive to holing out but I think if I can get the 3-5 footers sorted this putter could be a game changer until my original Ping 2 is ready

D

Deleted member 23270

I put my old Ping Cadence 2 in the bag at the weekend. Really liked the feel but like you the greens had sped up and so Saturday was a sighter. Much better yesterday but couldn't buy a putt. The greens still had the winter bobbles on them which didn't help but I am off this week to work on the putting. I've put it off as winter greens aren't always conducive to holing out but I think if I can get the 3-5 footers sorted this putter could be a game changer until my original Ping 2 is ready
Seems pretty pointless to me working on 3-5 footers on bobbly winter greens but each to their own. Personally I'd work on my swing.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Seems pretty pointless to me working on 3-5 footers on bobbly winter greens but each to their own. Personally I'd work on my swing.

They've done some work to the practice green in the last few weeks and it's actually in better nick than a few of the ones on the course. Was rolling a few from that length before going out yesterday and several are very true and getting quicker as the green dries. I'm actually trying to reduce the amount of balls I hit on the long swing (especially as I am getting it round ok) and any practice is around the short game and putting and trying to get in the hole

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Played 12 holes today, I had 9 pars sadly 2 of the 3 I didn't par were double bogies, it is becoming a regular thing, getting a lot of pars and the odd birdie but the other holes are more likely to be double bogies or worst than a simple bogey.