I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Ignored the forcaste this morning and played..beautiful morning sunny hardly any wind and prob about 7 or 8 deg. I'd post some picks I took but still can't load an image for some reason. Hit it OK and managed 2 eagles back to back...which is a first. Course is shorter, with the 7th only 470 rather than the 550 it usually is and the 8th is only 280 as apposed to 330. 7th was a good drive and 7 iron stone dead and the 8th, a shocker of a 3 wood the was well right and a slam dunked 52 we didn't win though?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
So the weather forecast turned out to be completely wrong and it was warm and flat calm today, shot 74 again with a gp scorecard as there was only 3 of us, should be in line for a cut of 0.5 or 0.6 back down to 5.5 winter golf eh
We were not due to get the full effects of the storm, but were still forecast rain and high winds, we got neither.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Good knock today in our winter K/O. Beat a lad who could hit the ball miles, but not always in the right direction. I gave him a couple of shots but I played straight and steady, hit greens well from inside 120yds, chipped and putted well, and so only dropped 6. Won 3 and 2. onwards and upwards to the quarters.

D

Deleted member 21258

First tee off this morning and game for a number of weeks.

Played 5 holes, 4 temp tees and greens, could see the next two holes similar, so called it a day and came home :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Feeling great for hitting a few balls, hope sunday holds up weather wise and will be back out there.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Played fleetwood today as my club was in temp greens. Only 14 holes open and there was even standing water such was the rain we had this morning. Greens were in superb condition though and were lightning!

Just rang the pro shop and he sent me out with a member who was a really nice guy, only charged me a tenner as well.

Experienced it all, sunshine, wind, rain and hail. But actually fairly happy with how I played. Driver was a bit squiffy but always is when I'm layered up, when the sun came out towards the end I got the waterproofs off and was striking it far better.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Played Worplesdon today. First time there, good condition, greens in great shape. Bit of a poor start but putted well and saved 15 points on the front. Much better on the back nine, a solid 19 points with a lousy double bogey to finish. It played long today, irons didn't seem to go anywhere, but thoroughly enjoyed a day out in the winter sun.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Good knock today in our winter K/O. Beat a lad who could hit the ball miles, but not always in the right direction. I gave him a couple of shots but I played straight and steady, hit greens well from inside 120yds, chipped and putted well, and so only dropped 6. Won 3 and 2. onwards and upwards to the quarters.
Ah! The usual annoying 'dangerous old man' style! Well done. You'll likely meet another of the same (DOM) style in the next round or 2. Good Luck!

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Life in the old dog yet Shug (y)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Definitely winter golf now. Was very muddy. I took a few clubs out to lighten the load so went out with nine left in the bag. It was a struggle today in the conditions, a lot of holes where I couldn't get on in two, and I could not hole a putt to save my life either so plenty of bogeys and a few doubles as well. Didn't even putt badly by my standards, but everything that was on line was a few inches short, and anything that wasn't short missed the cup. Only two pars all day, and one of those was from a lofted chip I managed to put to 6 inches away. I hit driver really well but everything else was touch and go. Ended up not even breaking 90, shot 91 for 28 points. Bit disappointed but I didn't have high expectations anyway so whatever. At least the rain wasn't too bad - I'd class it as heavy drizzle - and at least the course was empty.

D

Deleted member 15344

1 under gross today - shame we had one temp tee that reduced one hole to stop it being a qualifying course

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
First competitive round in 2 years, and on a very windy day. Shot of the day was a (thinned)5 iron to 4 feet on a 200yd par 3. Embarrassingly, after giving the sob story to those that would listen I only went and won. @backwoodsman
(y)(y)(y) Glad the day went well !! Hope your back held up?
(Had to be better day than mine which was taken by waiting for a lat' flow test in Vera)