I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Out for first full 18 holes in a while this morning - pretty windy. Matching nines of 43 out 43 back but I felt I played a bit better than that - highlight was a forty yard bump and run on the 10th which went right across the face of the cup and left a six inch birdie tap in - it was nice out there and given that there were a good few groups ahead of us who were only playing nine we got round in just under two and half hours without ever rushing or being pushed. Course in very decent nick for time of year

16th green Ashludie course, Monifieth Links.
IMG_6627.jpg

D

Deleted member 3432

Had a very good lesson this morning, swing not far off where I would like it to be now.

It's been good this year to get the swing tightened up after a few poor seasons, hopefully building on this can take the game forward next season.

Having a TPI screening in the new year, that could be interesting....

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Had a very good lesson this morning, swing not far off where I would like it to be now.

It's been good this year to get the swing tightened up after a few poor seasons, hopefully building on this can take the game forward next season.

Having a TPI screening in the new year, that could be interesting....
What are your aims for next year. What still needs work.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Out for first full 18 holes in a while this morning - pretty windy. Matching nines of 43 out 43 back but I felt I played a bit better than that - highlight was a forty yard bump and run on the 10th which went right across the face of the cup and left a six inch birdie tap in - it was nice out there and given that there were a good few groups ahead of us who were only playing nine we got round in just under two and half hours without ever rushing or being pushed. Course in very decent nick for time of year

16th green Ashludie course, Monifieth Links.
View attachment 39942
How long have you had the 'anti wind and rain' filter? ;)

D

Deleted member 3432

What are your aims for next year. What still needs work.

Aim, to get better by being more consistent with face control of the club. Now much deeper than I was at top of the backswing, final piece is eliminating a tenancy to shift to lead side too early and having to back up at impact which causes the face control issues.

Still plenty of speed in my swing and my best golf is good so if I can tighten up my bad swings it's not unresonable to try and get down to under 2.0 index or even a touch lower

Chipping needs more practice time than it currently gets but an improved swing solves this.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
:) Did I say it was rainy today, if i did I was very wrong, on reflection i think I said it was 'nice out there' - it's windy in that pic though - between 20 and 30mph according to weather app.
I trust you realised it was a filter for the lens/camera I posted about.
And you must have timed it really well as the flag doesn't indicate much wind.
Wasn't anywhere as nice looking for being 'out on the links' down here in Surrey, though there have certainly been worse days recently!

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
I trust you realised it was a filter for the lens/camera I posted about.
And you must have timed it really well as the flag doesn't indicate much wind.
Wasn't anywhere as nice looking for being 'out on the links' down here in Surrey, though there have certainly been worse days recently!
Ha ha yes I did realise what it meant. Can't remember if this was a lull in the wind - it's taken from 17th tee and the tee shot I played straight after taking it was certainly straight into the wind.

D

Deleted member 3432

Qualifying comps finished last month at our place. The group I play with have an unofficial handicap system for winter, I'll get a 2 shot cut for yesterday.

Keep this up and you will be cleaning up in spring when comps restart ?

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Keep this up and you will be cleaning up in spring when comps restart ?

It's bizarre - last winter I hated playing off a mat, and was pretty dreadful. Was not looking forward to going back to using mats this winter, but I've been absolutely nailing it since they came back in. Playing a links course tomorrow without the mat, will be interesting to see how it goes!

D

Deleted member 3432

It's bizarre - last winter I hated playing off a mat, and was pretty dreadful. Was not looking forward to going back to using mats this winter, but I've been absolutely nailing it since they came back in. Playing a links course tomorrow without the mat, will be interesting to see how it goes!
I'm sure you will be fine, a good strike is a good strike no matter what you are hitting off

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Seven holes before it got dark. And things I’ve been working on (new swing) are beginning to slot into place. Pleasing.

Also had a chat with greens team on 3rd hole working building new bunkers three sides of the green - they look superb and quite ’evil’ in fact, adding a significant increase in risk to a 180yd drop hole. And I complemented and thanked the guys for their great work on that and another two of our short holes…really building risk and at the same time creating more ‘play’ options with different levels of risk/reward.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Had a round yesterday with @Crow at his course. We played a friendly 4BBB against two other members.
@Crow used a set of Petron Tour Custom Pure Blade irons that came out of my car boot and into his bag 15 minutes before we teed off. See pictures on "I Bought Today". Very brave to play with a set of irons he had only seen pictures of before then. I played with my set of 1961 Forgan Powerpakt irons.

Had to give a shedload of shots - 5 and 20 to opponents and 9 for my partner. Yep, 2 shots on two holes to the higher handicapper.
We were 2 down after 9.
I had a run of 6 pars from the 10th tee. @Crow had 2 nett birdies on these holes to be all square with 3 to play.
Next two holes @Crow made nett birdie, nett par for us to be dormie one-up.
A deft chip by me to 2 inches on the last secured a half for the hole and a win in the match.
All 4 enjoyed the game I believe.