I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Nipped into the club to sort out ordering my new scotty.

Had the retro clubs in the car so took them out for a knock whilst I was there, just 8 holes.

Played very averagely but it was the first time using the titleist 975d driver on course and she was a temperamental creature in my incapable hands.

Got a match planned tomorrow so I think I'll be chucking the Epic Flash back in the bag but going to leave the blades in though - i love playing with them!

D

Deleted member 3432

Lovely day at Silloth, hardly a breath of wind although you had to club up 1 due to heavy air.

Decent standard of golf in the fourball, good way to end my years golf as I won't be playing again before the new year.

Annoying that the coast road was shut due to roadworks, the alternative route is all single track backroads through farming country and the car is absolutely filthy.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Last week we played a vets foursomes against a nice couple of guys and beat them 3 and 1 to go through. Today we played the same pair in the Greensomes knockout and won 5 and 4, to be fair my partner and I would have beaten almost any of the club vets pairs today, we hardly put a foot wrong.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Had a result for tomorrow as gas man is coming early (first call) so free for a game and managed to hook up with an old mate I've not seen for ages and off to my old stomping ground at Wimbledon Common. Really excited

Seen Eric Anders lang doing an intresting video on the two Wimbledon clubs wearing sharing a course and everyone having to wear red.

Is there any other clubs that have that unique set up.

D

Deleted member 21258

3 ball with son/wife, round in 2.50 on a shorten course(some forward tees/temp greens)

Cracking weather, still/mild, shot gross 1 under par (based on normal length par) and more importantly won the matchplay on the 18th 4 to 3 to 3 holes.

If only every golf day was like that.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Index is dropping again.
Another 0.3 off it to 6.4 but....finishing bogey, double, bogey doesn't get the job done....
35 points when it should have been at least 2 or 3 more....
Birdied 3 of the par 3s today and bogeyed the other 2....
Just need to cut out the stupid shots and that low one is around the corner..

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Index is dropping again.
Another 0.3 off it to 6.4 but....finishing bogey, double, bogey doesn't get the job done....
35 points when it should have been at least 2 or 3 more....
Birdied 3 of the par 3s today and bogeyed the other 2....
Just need to cut out the stupid shots and that low one is around the corner..

Good shooting especially in winter. Promising for next year

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Had a very enjoyable knock today with our 17yr old -5.3 H/I England Women’s Order of Merit 2021 winner. Impressiive. No dropped shots and four birdies off our back tees.

Now if she’d been giving me the 14 or so shots I’d have got in a match…I might have beaten her as I only dropped 6 or 7 myself (Inc a daft double on our par3 15th ?). But what fun seeing a superb young player doing it for fun, though I could see that, even playing for ‘fun’ with an old git, every shot was played with full concentration and process (maybe playing with me that had to be the case ?). And a lovely lass to boot.

Last edited:

Boomy

Visit site
First off (official tee slot) this morning, 8:40am at Silloth and what a lovely day it was, very calm and mild for the time of year, with the sun even making an appearance on the back 9.

78E0186E-F92B-497B-8E3B-7837F7AECD44.jpeg

Cracking BB stableford pairs match with our group - great banter and some great golf ??‍♂️ We won with 48 points (versus 44)

The post round food was a treat too.. the Christmas burger was a very tasty challenge!

A187874F-C794-4D0D-8864-2DA8869728B4.jpeg

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Had our Christmas bash today. Nice day, sunny with not a breath of wind. After playing well of late, I had expectations, wrongly as it turned out.?played very very poorly, but on the bright side. The guys in my group played well, and we won a 4 ball at Carnoustie and there was a secret draw prize and well which was a 4 ball at Royal Dornoch with a pro. Not bad, considering is was rubbish?

HeftyHacker

Visit site
A round of two halves today, 3 over gross front 9, 10 over gross back 9 as a result of 2 lost balls off the tee on the 16th and 17th.

Wedge play and putting was great and driving in the main was good.

Our 16th requires a drive over some trees to cut the corner and its just not possible off the temporary tee they've put in, but that didn't stop me trying. Cue a ball blasted into them, never to be seen again. Ended up with a 7.

17th I actually tried to play sensibly but my foot slipped and I sliced it OB so ended up with a double.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Had a great round with @Leftie @Oddsocks and his +1 at selsdon

Started with a birdie then a run a mediocre scores before another birdie on 6.
Chucked in some pars but couldn’t get near baz and his 40+ points

You hit some bloody monsters today, but your shot into 6 was something special.

42 points with a bogey bogey bogey finish , I’ll take that all day long!