I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Had a corporate day at Hever Castle.
Played ok for 41 points and won the individual prize.

I couldn’t believe the number of unrepaired pitch marks on the greens

Next round scheduled for Tandridge thanks to my firm

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Generally played pretty well today, apart from one complete dog's dinner of a hole, for the 11 we p.ayed..
Only 11 because the Elders had a Stableford on...they had the 10th reserved from 8 - 8.45
We went off the first at 7.45 expecting to catch the tail-end by about the 13th or 14th..
We got to the turn at 9.10 and they were still teeing off...obviously had no idea how many were going to turn up so just bunged up the course...
We p,aged 10 and 11 in about 25 minutes and gave up...
We also got "told" that they couldn't let us through as it was a competition
Some of the dinosaurs in this club really do my head in....

Boomy

Visit site
Ah a pity, we got in first attempt back at the end of July - if you are going to try again price goes down to £137 from Monday

Thanks for the heads up on the price ?? We were going to try again on Tuesday but my PP’s shifts have changed at work so we can’t play then anymore. It’ll likely be next year now as they go onto mats in November I believe.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Had a corporate day at Hever Castle.
Played ok for 41 points and won the individual prize.

I couldn’t believe the number of unrepaired pitch marks on the greens

Next round scheduled for Tandridge thanks to my firm
Playing well me old mate.....must be hitting a lot of greens;)

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Thanks for the heads up on the price ?? We were going to try again on Tuesday but my PP’s shifts have changed at work so we can’t play then anymore. It’ll likely be next year now as they go onto mats in November I believe.
Remember there will be loads of restrictions next year due to prep for The Open - Details here

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Went on Redbourn's 9-hole with my wife, it was her favourite short course we've played on thus far as although it's all par 3s the distances vary between 100 and 220 yards so it's a good mix for her to practise on (when her longest ever drive was about 160 yards). She played really well too, her best round that she's done so far as she shot 45 - I am giving her the odd Mulligan on some tee shots to be fair, but still the best she's played so far without doubt. She even managed a par on the last.

I played really well too, six pars, two bogeys and one double for a four over 31, I was really pleased with that. I mostly hit my shots really well, and there was one awful one I massively got away with as well as I bladed it all the way uphill to the green on a short one. ? Still, a very enjoyable round for both of us. My points total was 22, and hers was 27 as I've been giving her 3 shots per hole.. might have to cut her now. ?

Last edited:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Only 17holes in play today due to work being done. 2 over gross and 42 points off back tees for the 17 holes wins our Saturday Rollup - and £16 ?.

Only 17 holes but my best ever off either tees, and all down to keeping ball in play off the tee; second shots heading close to or on green, and short game working well.

OK I had three x 3putts, all careless, but I’ll not pretend a ‘could’ve been‘ 1 under, as I holed a couple of outrageous putts and had an occasional bit of luck, and we know that the good and the bad even out. Nice to do this to follow up a 5 over gross off yellows yesterday, and after my winning 43pts at Camberley Heath (did I mention that…ah I did…so blah ??)

Last edited:

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
With the comps over we decided to play a little match amongst the 8 of us today.
2 teams. All to score on the par 4s. Best 2 on the rest of the holes.
My team ran out winners by 6 points.
Format kept everyone interested and was a bit of fun.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Only 17holes in play today due to work being done. 2 over gross and 42 points off back tees for the 17 holes wins our Saturday Rollup - and £16 ?.

Only 17 holes but my best ever off either tees, and all down to keeping ball in play off the tee; second shots heading close to or on green, and short game working well.

OK I had three x 3putts, all careless, but I’ll not pretend a ‘could’ve been‘ 1 under, as I holed a couple of outrageous putts and had an occasional bit of luck, and we know that the good and the bad even out. Nice to do this to follow up a 5 over gross off yellows yesterday, and after my winning 43pts at Camberley Heath (did I mention that…ah I did…so blah ??)
You're definitely the bandit king this year. ?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
You're definitely the bandit king this year. ?
My 42pts yesterday did result in quite a bit of ‘flak’ being fired my way from the guys…all in jest…of course. As it was for CH (that you were priviledged to witness ?) my golf was nothing spectacular, just tidy off tee and good from 100yds in.

And so when my pro told me earlier this year that he’d get me round in level par this year or next, and I didn’t believe him, well I do now. Funny old game.

Anyway the rollup have cut my rollup HI to 8.4 - to try and stop me doing it again.?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Just a game at 8am with a mate, first out, round in 2hours 30. Drove it pretty well and hit some good putts. Greens still great,will be a shame to dig them all up in two weeks time, but has to be done I suppose.

AliMc

Visit site
Just a game at 8am with a mate, first out, round in 2hours 30. Drove it pretty well and hit some good putts. Greens still great,will be a shame to dig them all up in two weeks time, but has to be done I suppose.
Were the same at Dunbar, greens have been absolutely great all year, on Wednesday they were slit tined to around 15 - 20mm and top dressed with fescue, trying to reduce some thatch i believe, no doubt they will be fantastic again soon but were apparently not great for a medal yesterday

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Played like two different people today. Started well and posted 21 points for the front 9, then came back in with a disappointing 13 for a total of 34.

Far too many silly mistakes.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Played at Preston with a couple of pals in a split sixes game. After a terrible start (i was 7 over through 4 holes) i didn't play too bad with the exception of my wedges. Anything over a little pitch was resulting in 2 inch deep divots for some reason. New one for me as I don't usually take much of a divot at all.

Anyway, despite being 6 points back at the turn I ended up winning by 7.

Golf certainly wasn't the winner but for once I was.