I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

oleinone

Visit site
Just had my son staying for a week. 27 holes every day, me knackered but him playing increasingly good stuff. Final day he eagled the par 4 13th and to top it off knocked his 3rd into the cup for an eagle at the next par 5. After putting my feet up over the weekend, on Monday in a friendly 3 ball, in went my tee shot for a 1 on the 150 yd par 3 9th!

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Played Maidenhead with my society yesterday, had a weather window, so no rain and shirtsleeves, but quite windy.
came 4th with 33 points, the 4 blobs were a card killer though.
Lost 3 balls in the rough, not bad shots, just couldn’t find them

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Went to my Uncle's course Aylesbury Vale for a round with him, my dad, and my cousin, who I've not seen for ages over Covid and everything. We set it up as a Stableford betterball, me and my dad against those two. It was a good little match in the end, competitive front nine as we went 2 up, then back to all square, then 1 down on the 5th as my cousin holed a 60 yard pitch - straight in on the second bounce - for a 3 for 5 points! On the 7th I sunk a 15 footer for a birdie to get us back to all square, and three holes later we were 3 up. The back nine was less eventful though and ultimately we won it 3 & 2.

For me personally I had an incredible front nine of only 3 over par for 24 points! That's with me getting 17 shots on this course. The wheels did come off at the par five 12th though as I found a fairway bunker and took two attempts to get it out of the wet sand, followed it up with a poor hybrid and later a 3-putt for an 8. 13th wasn't great either as I laid up before the lake, then knifed the approach 30 yards over the green resulting in a double bogey 6. Back on track for the rest of it but only mustered a 17 point back nine for 41 total (84 gross).

Strange weather as the course was drenched and it was pretty chilly to start with, but the sun stayed out and warmed us up just enough. Very pleased with how I played and always great to get a round in with the family. Top day!

Last edited:

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Glorious weather today, short sleeves were the order of the day.
After all the rain last night, the course had drained really well, but some of the bunkers were still quite full!
Putted poorly but got 35pts of my new handicap, which was pleasantly surprising.
Two kick in birdies certainly helped.
Yet again I was within six inches of my first hole-in-one.

D

Deleted member 21258

Score 79 WHS diff 8.1. Untangled the loose and got off, just in time ;)

hang0.gif

D

Deleted member 21258

Your posts are confusing me. Your handicap went up to 22 yet you're able to shoot 79?? What are you putting in 20 cards every week or something?

Oh sorry, I play a number of different courses, so always looking at the WHS scoring difference to compare the courses/scoring, as slope/course rating are very different between them.

My handicap today was 10.7(being soft capped by WHS as low index is 6.6).

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Seniors Stableford today.

After starting a with a 4 putt for a triple bogey blob on the opening par 4, which wasn't good, the only way was up and I finished the front 9 on 17 points and then scored 20 on the back nine for 37 total off 95% so 38 for handicapping.

Should see a 0.5 cut and a new index of 12.9 :)

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Just got back from a 4BBB with 47 pts for the pair of us, so should be in the money particularly as the wind had picked up when we left. Both had a PH of 10 but my partner managed to shoot a 2 over gross - and I seemed to fill in the gaps on the rare occasions he slipped up for bogeys.

Not bad considering my PP was still slurring his words a little when I picked him up and we arrived at the tee with a minute to spare!

Had a mixed round myself, couple of balls in the water but damage limitation was pretty good. Me being steady away meant that he could fire at the pins a bit more.

Lovely way to start the weekend!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Another good round today to keep the form going. Shot 82 for 37 points. Just three silly double bogeys preventing it being really good. If I'm going to break 80 it's going to have to be a day where I get no doubles I think. My putting was decent again, although the recent rain helped as the greens are slower. Still I've been trying to stand a little closer the ball so I'm over it more, and loving the new Envroll now so that's all working nicely. Once again I had a few that just missed by an inch - I get them all close but rarely do they ever actually drop! Just realised though, no three putts today! Can't remember the last time I could say that.

Anyway, the other positive is my mate Ben found some form and shot 34 points before our foursomes match tomorrow (he's been hit and miss lately - with more emphasis on miss).

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Miserable day at our Captains changeover. I was due to play with a the only lady to enter with two other blokes but when I arrived I was told I'd been moved. Ok no problem. But then the miserable bloke who works on the course came over and said I was out with him and his two mates. I'd played once with him before and remembered him he didn't remember me, or even bothered to comment on my game, I see him loads of times on the course. Miserable doesn't really do him justice. Much worse. His mates weren't much better. Before the off outside the clubhouse I was trying to make them laugh with a bit of banter, it was supposed to be a light hearted friendly day. Nothing. I went back in and had a pop at the club manager and the Pro who were sorting the groups out and said " I thought this was supposed to be a friendly day. You'd think they were playing for the town hall clock". How they roared. But I didn't. Hell on a golf course. I played well, thank god, otherwise I'd have feigned injury and gone home. Also the group in front lost TWO holes on the group in front of them and we were waiting on every tee and second shot. IUntil the par thee first, (it was a shotgun start and we started on the 10th) where they were mucking about. I marched down the fairway and politely asked them to speed up, as I wanted this to end as quick as [possible, which they did so the back nine was quicker. We shook hands on the 9th, and did the usual, great day, cheers for the game carp. I full intended to stay for the speeches and stuff, but was in no mood to do this. Chucked me stuff in the motor and shot off.
NEVER EVER AGAIN.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
First day of Winter League.
Different format to my last place, 5 rounds of 4BBB Stableford and pick your best four scores with best 7 to go through from our division of 24 pairs.

We started slowly and things just weren't happening but then we scored 13 points on the last 4 holes for 42 points total and finished third on the day.

Dunlop Maxflite laminated 1 & 3 woods, Australian Blade irons and David Low putter.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
First round of the foursomes cup this afternoon. Haven't played much foursomes before so me and my mate started off a bit nervous - scraped a half on the 1st in double bogeys, but we lost the second. We won the 4th to settle the nerves a bit - my mate slapped his drive out of bounds on the 5th but we still managed a half in doubles as they slipped up and found a fairway bunker. On the par 3 6th it was them who went out of bounds so we went 1 up. We were giving them two shots, the first of which was on the 7th which they won as a result of - but they absolutely capitulated after that. We won the 8th and 9th (both par 5s) with bogeys, the par 3 10th with a par after I hit a cracking 7 wood onto the green, and the 11th with another bogey, so four holes in a row to put us 4 up. They once again won their shot hole on the 12th, but we won the 13th to return to 4 up and they didn't have much chance after that. Ultimately we won the 15th to shake hands winning it 5 & 3.

I'm delighted we didn't go out in the first round as that's all you really want as a minimum, but a convincing win in the end. We didn't do anything spectacular really, just kept steady bogeys for the most part when the opponents were struggling. Slow and steady wins the race and all that. Had a cracking day though, enjoyed the format maybe more than I thought I might once over the initial nerves - that nervous feeling of not wanting to stitch up your mate is a weird one! But yeah, bring on the next round. Already seen our opponents are off 11 and 22, and we'll be giving 2 shots again.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Played Ramsey today. Wasn't expecting much, but really enjoyed what was a really interesting course. Although it was short, you had to be really accurate off the tee, and the greens were small and undulating.

The front 9 was a bit of a horror show, starting with a tripple bogie 8 after losing a ball in the leaves didn't help. The back 9 was more steady, other than a double due to a lost ball in the leaves again.

My driving was very good, what I've been working on started to show today.

The new i210s were hot and cold. I didn't have my best ball striking day with them catching a few a couple of grooves low or near the toe, but they were ok for their first outing.

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
Finally a semi decent knock on Saturday, +3 on the front after a bogey/bogey start, then nice birdie on 10, followed by a sloppy bogie on 11 after a poor chip. I doubled 14 after I hit my worst shot of the day, and then had to chip out of a bush, followed that with a sloppy bogey on 15 after another poor chip. Poor drive in 18 cost me another bogey, 78 total - much better than it has been.

Matty6

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Broke 80 for the first time on Saturday. Gross 79 playing off 12. Sank a 20ft birdie putt on the last hole to finish with 39 points. Only dawned on me as I was lining up my putt that it was for a 79 ? had three double bogeys as well which were frustrating, but can’t complain too much.

Broke 80 again….gross 77 (par 70). Should've been a 73 but a few putts came up short ?

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Broke 80 again….gross 77 (par 70). Should've been a 73 but a few putts came up short ?

Haha isn't it mental how disappointed you can be by a PB?

I remember shooting my pb, a 76 (par 69) and being a bit disappointed as I'd had two doubles on the last 4 holes.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Got out yesterday afternoon for 5 holes and 75 range balls having been unable for 2 weeks.
Irons were fine , driver was okay for 2-3 shots and then went blocky ( how does that happen???)
On course I just aimed up the left side just in case. But final hole I did the same and set on the toe and draw stance … and was in the rubbish left side. But I was really out there to try my new putter and it was a positive performance.
I am now going to strip my bag back further and drop a few clubs. Possibly go Dr, 7w, 6,8,pw, 56, putter