I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Our club Seniors Open today.

My mate and I were best home pair neither of us played exceptionally well but we really gelled, all holes either net par or better.

One of the the best things about the day was the heavy rain forecast did not reach us but could be clearly seen just a few miles away. I had full waterproofs on from the off just in case.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
After a couple of rounds where my shots off the tee completely deserted me and resulted in me playing some horrendous golf I set out with two balls for 9 holes earlier today. With one ball I played as I usually would with driver etc and the other I just used my trusty old benross hybrid off the tee just to see how different my scores would be if I had to resort to it in a comp.

In the end I managed to address some of my driving demons and was actually striking it pretty well but my other ball scored pretty similar which is good news for me.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
20 points yesterday in the weekly 9 hole comp. Didn't feel I played that well, so guess it's a positive to score like that with my B game.

Second cut this week, pleased things seem to be going in the right direction.

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played superbly last night. 44 points, was absolutely buzzing when I came off, still am now :)

Funnily enough my driving was average compared to how it's been recently, but was flushing my irons, and short game was very good.

Was seriously considering chucking the game about 6 weeks ago, I was so bad. Had a lesson, totally changed my swing and pre shot routine, have been playing out my skin ever since!

Lessons don’t work!!!

That’s cool. 44. Bandit country ? Na well done chap I love it when a plan comes together ??

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Very, very scrappy 79 in the medal today. Net 70 (1 under) but for two absolute blow up holes could have been better. Double at the easy 10th after finding the face of a fairway bunker and missing the raised green.

Not terrible, still under 80 but just annoying.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Had a round at Muir of Old during my week's holiday in the Highlands, nice wee course but god it's some climb from 10th green to 11th tee - got gorgeous weather and liked the course a lot, though I hit the ball horribly.

So much so that I headed off to St Andrews academy range (accompanied by the missus) to check out what was wrong this morning - seem to have found something so happy with that. We went for a walk down the edge of the Old Course and Eden, looked really nice. Then we headed for a wee drive down to Kingsbarns beach, the course looked busier than I thought it would as did Fairmont where we had lunch.

Back home this evening we went out for nine holes on the Ashludie, one other group on the course - many holes ahead of us. Hit the ball well, I can live with my game (and score) on tonight's showing - while we've been away for a week the course has browned up a bit, which is something I heartily approve of.

IMG_5459.jpg
View from the front of the 6th tee, Ashludie course at Monifieth Links.

IMG_5461.jpg
Approach from the wrong fairway (18th) to the 10th green. Ashludie course at Monifieth Links.

IMG_5462.jpg
Course is going brown, view from the 18th green - that's a couple of dog walkers in the centre of the pic. Ashludie course at Monifieth Links.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Booked a 3pm tee time so there was time for the hungover to subside - still only just made it. Thought I would play terrible due to that, but honestly was no worse than usual, apart from about 3 awful tops from loss of concentration. Managed an 85 for 35 points, so back to normal after struggling last weekend. Best thing was that after a shaky start I putted really well. It probably helped that the 24 hours of rain had slowed the greens up quite a lot, but 31 putts for the round is excellent compared to some of the rounds I've had there this year. Holed some really nice ones.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
77 gross today 70 nett.
Went in four ditches so four penalty shots.
Three 3 putts.
Had a chance of a major in my 60s but just didn’t take it.
Bit frustrated with my putting and flyers.

IainP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Singles knockout yesterday, giving 13 shots. Started fast with 4 pars, but that didn't rattle him, I then 3 jabbed the next (on in reg) to lose the hole to go back all square. He managed his game well, no real blow ups, I didn't so he deserved the win. I hit some cracking iron shots so very different from a few weeks ago, but some 2 way misses from the tee which cost me. Still most positive was lack of back pain, as that had flared up again midweek.
Mind if I had gone through I would have been giving 25 shots in the next game ?

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played this morning, knew it would be a wet one .. clubhouse leader is 14 handicapper with a net 62 ? but early on it was mild, dry and windless. The breeze picked up and the rain was that light drizzle that just gets everywhere and makes your glasses useless.
Played okay over my handicap started with 2 3 jabs, had 3 lip outs and one birdie. Funniest one though I pulled my iron on the par 3 landed in the new catering area with lovely new false grass pin high .. could have flopped it to 2 feet even over a punter with his pint! But it’s deemed OOB so had to shed 2 shots … Phil Mickelson never had this rubbish ( I am for banning internal OOB for medals .. now!)
Otherwise got the putter back under control was a little sloppy in places .. but it’s looking promising

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Singles knockout yesterday, giving 13 shots. Started fast with 4 pars, but that didn't rattle him, I then 3 jabbed the next (on in reg) to lose the hole to go back all square. He managed his game well, no real blow ups, I didn't so he deserved the win. I hit some cracking iron shots so very different from a few weeks ago, but some 2 way misses from the tee which cost me. Still most positive was lack of back pain, as that had flared up again midweek.
Mind if I had gone through I would have been giving 25 shots in the next game ?

25 shots? Are they playing @PhilTheFragger

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Steady round of 34 points with no blobs..didn't play the par 3s well today - 3 over on them.
We have 5 and I made good pars on 2 but messy bogeys on the others..
First 2 tee shots were horrific but after that I drove quite well and my lag putting was on point.
May get a small cut, as may CVG who pipped me with 35 but the Mexican may go up a whisker despite shooting 36...
Its a tough old world....

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Steady round of 34 points with no blobs..didn't play the par 3s well today - 3 over on them.
We have 5 and I made good pars on 2 but messy bogeys on the others..
First 2 tee shots were horrific but after that I drove quite well and my lag putting was on point.
May get a small cut, as may CVG who pipped me with 35 but the Mexican may go up a whisker despite shooting 36...
Its a tough old world....

Winner winner chicken dinner…….except it’s pork tonight ??

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Stableford comp this morning, but if drizzle but otherwise good conditions for scoring.

Tee to green was very good, some of the best ball striking I’ve had in a very long time. However I just couldn’t get the pace of the greens today, they were very slow after all of the rain and I was leaving the ball well short. What should have been 1 - 2 footers to finish off some holes were more like 5 - 6 footers, I made most of them but it just meant the pressure was always on.

Ended up with 36 points, but it should have been 38/39 and could have been 41/42. Got a 2, so a bit of money to go on the club card.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Happy to report that I played today but there will be no increase in handicap as every round since the end of lockdown has ended with!

It was a friendly game and not qualifying ??