I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
First round foursomes knockout this evening and we were receiving 17 shots from the other pair. 3 up through six, but back to level by 10. Ended up winning 3&2, by taking holes 14, 15 & 16. Both me and my PP used our shots well and only had a couple of poor holes. My iron striking is great at the moment, but of course my driving that was good a few of weeks ago is now all over the place.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Had my best round (84) since returning to golf yesterday. Hit my driver really well. Was a bit poor with my irons, which I've been striking really well recently. Other than a couple of long range 3 putts, I putted quite well by my standards.
I did manage my way round the course well though, as I've started to learn where I need to place the ball. Just need to get rid of the couple of silly decisions per round that end up with double bogies.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Have been playing Saturdays but switched to Sunday as there's an inter club match taking a few tee times. Last couple of rounds I've spoilt a promising start with a poor second nine, so as I woke up early I went over to play the 2nd nine with two balls. Lovely morning, me and the muntjacs. Couple of weather forecasts were showing some bitter "feels like" predictions so went wrapped up with woolly hat, but the west Oxfordshire micro climate seemed to be in play again, so was layers off after one hole.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Played my 2nd comp of the year yesterday. First qualifying comp.

Was 2 over thru 13 holes and stuck my 2nd shot to a par 5 oob. Did the same with the next one. Blank hole. So silly. Could have hit a very safe sw to the right angle dog leg but decided a 9 was good to lay up. Should have bombed hybrid over if I was going to take the risk.
Missed a 2 footer on the next for par and needed to get a wriggle on to finish well.
Bird 16 and 17 and a par to finish left me on 39 points.

That's two decent scores with card in hand this year. Putting has come on this year. All those putts on the carpet over winter paying off. Haha

4 birdies on the card which is rare enough for me and in on honesty there could have been more. Still fighting my hook but cant complain.

HampshireHog

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Started well in today’s medal, 1 under handicap for the first 7 then dropped 3 shots through the turn where I’ve recently lost shots. Got nothing going on the back but finished with a birdie to end up 3 over handicap. Might creep down to HI 7.9 depending on PCC. Level handicap currently leader in the clubhouse.

D

Deleted member 16999

Just played rubbish today, but lovely weather and decent company.??‍♂️

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
First competition at Grim's Dyke today, monthly medal. It was a real rollercoaster round. Couple of doubles in the first four holes, then a chip-in birdie at the 5th! Hit a lovely shot onto the par 3 6th, but followed with a very annoying three-putt. Made a total arse of the 7th with a triple bogey. First par of the day finally came at the 9th. Kept it steady for the back nine, until a car crash of poor putting sees me double bogey the 13th, which is normally my best hole in terms of scoring. I'm fuming, until my second shot on the 14th, where I holed a 70 yard pitch for my first ever eagle!! Hoping that would kick-start the final part of my round - does it heck, two more double bogeys after that. At least I finished with a par for a gross 87, Net 3 over. Not too bad in the end, maybe even bring my handicap down a smidge as I think I had two 90s on my record from Haste Hill. Should get a prize in the 2's as well. Just a full spectrum of golf in the end though, the good was very good, and the bad was VERY bad. Who gets an eagle, a birdie and only two pars?? Daft. Still, got to be happy with my first eagle, and even did it in a comp where I'll get something for it at least, happy days.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Stableford comp today. All over the place and started to pull irons and drives. 26pts. One to forget and on to the next one.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I book ended my round today with birdies on the first and the eighteenth.

Trouble is that the books in between would be thick ones if I told you about the rest of the round.

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Funny old day, I never hit one fairway... irons half decent, chipping ok an no 3 putts lead to 38pts.

Tied 15th when I left, I thought Silloth was supposed to be tough... ?

The weather again was spectacular! another Silloth myth..? ?

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Very chilled day after seven and a half hours in a car yesterday and getting home at 1.30am so it was late afternoon before the missus and I wandered out on the Ashludie.

Was drizzling a bit as we headed out and we largely had the course to ourselves - nothing spectacular but pretty steady and probably the most consistent I've hit my irons since changing my grip and set up - played the front nine then 10 and 18 - good fun and nice relaxed walk.

D

Deleted member 3432

Funny old day, I never hit one fairway... irons half decent, chipping ok an no 3 putts lead to 38pts.

Tied 15th when I left, I thought Silloth was supposed to be tough... ?

The weather again was spectacular! another Silloth myth..? ?

Weather was indeed great.

Strange thing is the wind direction we have at present makes the course play most difficult.

We are lucky that the breeze has been as gentle as it has been recently otherwise it would be very tough. Enjoy it while it lasts (y)