I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Had an hour and half to spare before dinner last night, got myself a tee time 18:24 and to the club for a quick 5 and half holes with two balls in under an hour. All by myself - lovely evening and not another soul on the course. Lovely. And not a s***k in sight. That’s what I pay my subs for ???

Zig

Visit site
Supposed to play at Silloth, but we postponed due to the weather forecast out west.

Instead played with a mate at Seaton Carew, last minute thing arranged last night - early morning before the anticipated rain. Another pair had put their name down with us so we had a friendly four ball, won 5&3 (thanks to my mates golf, certainly not mine!). Got round in just over three hours, blue skies all the way round. Perfect way to spend a bank holiday morning!

Big shout out to the green keeping team too; redesigned 3rd and 4th reopened yesterday. Top class.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Aaaaaaand the slump continues unabated...
Confidence at pretty much an all time low.
Even hitting the occasional real, proper golf shot does little to ease the pain.
Played SI 1 almost perfectly in the middle of a run of 4 pars but it still went pear shaped again.
Thinking back, this is similar to what happened for a couple of months after the first lockdown...
Only positive I can grasp is that I got better last time so it'll happen again...
Still beat Fragger gross though:LOL:

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Weather forecast here for the next 24 hours or so is horrendous but it seems OK at lunchtime so grabbed a cancellation and headed out for nine holes on the Ashludie, was coldish and pretty strong wind into my face going East (six of the nine holes) - played OK.

Irons are what I've been concentrating on improving and it seems to be working at the moment. Major bonus was hitting my Cobra one length hybrid really solidly - which was just as well as I had my SIM driver with me and today pretty much convinced me that it's not going to work for me - gave it a good chance over the last couple of months, but it's going to be back to the SLDR and sell the SIM I think.

Nice walk, some decent shots and resisted the temptation to carry on after the ninth - just as well as no sooner had I got back in the house and it started that raining - exactly as forecast.

IMG_5158.jpg
In the green side bunker at the 5th: Ashludie course, Monifieth Links

IMG_5159.jpg
Looking back down the 9th from off the back of the green: Ashludie course, Monifieth Links

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Nice game at nairn, hardly any wind to speak off. Bright sunshine all the way round. Played pretty well, one under going out, dropped a couple on 13 and 14, but happy with how I hit it. One bizarre moment on 9 when my tee shot hit the mat area post on the fairway and took a big bounce left ..found it sitting about 3 ft off the ground on the end of the gorse:ROFLMAO:.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Aaaaaaand the slump continues unabated...
Confidence at pretty much an all time low.
Even hitting the occasional real, proper golf shot does little to ease the pain.
Played SI 1 almost perfectly in the middle of a run of 4 pars but it still went pear shaped again.
Thinking back, this is similar to what happened for a couple of months after the first lockdown...
Only positive I can grasp is that I got better last time so it'll happen again...
Still beat Fragger gross though:LOL:

He’s definitely not a happy bunny at the moment

The 18th sums it up
Decent drive, second ends up in the fairway bunker, wedges out to about 60 yards from the green.
Thins his pitch big time and it goes hurtling over the green at ankle height, through the group who had just finished the hole and into the car park. Blob city Arizona

Anyway I scored 37 (16/21) CVG 31 and himself a measly 25

At this rate he could be the Auld Pharts secret weapon?

D

Deleted member 16999

Supposed to play at Silloth, but we postponed due to the weather forecast out west.

Instead played with a mate at Seaton Carew, last minute thing arranged last night - early morning before the anticipated rain. Another pair had put their name down with us so we had a friendly four ball, won 5&3 (thanks to my mates golf, certainly not mine!). Got round in just over three hours, blue skies all the way round. Perfect way to spend a bank holiday morning!

Big shout out to the green keeping team too; redesigned 3rd and 4th reopened yesterday. Top class.
What have they done/changed to 3rd & 4th?

Zig

Visit site

Third - all bunkers remodelled and rebuilt. The green and the surrounds were all re-turfed - there's now a run off/collection area back left and to the right of the green. They've built a sand dune to separate the back left green/second fairway too.

Fourth - New fairway bunker and exposed sand area at driving distance on the left. The green has been enlarged front right, and the big bunker that was there moved right and increased in size/depth.

There are a few photos on twitter, on the Seaton Carew page and @TomCoulson. We're lucky to have him - improvements in 12 months are exceptional. Won't be long before he's back at one of the Open rota courses running the show there. Big plans for this winter too! ;)

Zig

Visit site
Third - all bunkers remodelled and rebuilt. The green and the surrounds were all re-turfed - there's now a run off/collection area back left and to the right of the green. They've built a sand dune to separate the back left green/second fairway too.

Fourth - New fairway bunker and exposed sand area at driving distance on the left. The green has been enlarged front right, and the big bunker that was there moved right and increased in size/depth.

There are a few photos on twitter, on the Seaton Carew page and @TomCoulson. We're lucky to have him - improvements in 12 months are exceptional. Won't be long before he's back at one of the Open rota courses running the show there. Big plans for this winter too! ;)

Here's a link to an article I saw recently. https://www.northerngolfer.co.uk/re...-mackenzies-design-at-seaton-carew-continues/

D

Deleted member 21258

Friday night, played 11 holes in level par, so decided to use the england golf app on sat/sunday and do a couple of qualifiers, cue the worst ball striking rounds since coming back :ROFLMAO:

Scored 44 +38 = 82 on the east and then 45 + 49 = 94 on the west. Was swinging like an octopus who had lost its feeling in its legs.

England app very easy to use, thanks EG(y) will be doing more qualifying rounds to see were handicap goes.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
I think I'll be putting the clubs away for a couple of weeks. After being absolutely made up with shooting my handicap around Silloth I just got progressively worse throughout the week until I played Dundonald on Saturday and didn't get a single par or better. Not one.

I can't even remember the last time that happened and I've played some truly dreadful rounds in my time but I've always managed to scrape a par at least once or twice. I was absolutely gutted, a brilliant course in pristine condition (it was the reopening) that I'd paid decent money to play and I just feel like I completely let myself down.

We worked out we'd played 107 holes of golf in a week, along with days of hiking, cycling and drinking so I think I was just exhausted. I've essentially slept since arriving home on Sunday morning.

Got a mates 30th birthday round at Lancaster on the 21st so might have a range session before then to loosen up.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played disc golf yesterday! It's amazing how similar my disc golf is to my real golf - fine off the tee, just approach play and putting letting me down. ? I did win though out of 9 of us, clinched it right on the last hole.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Played last Wednesday at El Plantío. 1st time I've been but enjoyed it and came 2nd in the society with 22 points. Handicap cut incoming.

Took the lad back there on Saturday, and he also enjoyed it. Beat me 2 and 1 in a little matchplay challenge over 3 holes, and then doubled his money by beating me again on the 3rd hole.

Impressive golf for the 11 year old, played off the yellow tees with a shot a hole - made 3 bogeys. No way was I beating that.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Another dose of tripe laced with moments that show some ability is still there....
Struggling to be 10 shots over handicap at the moment.
Todays excuse is that the greens have been top dressed and were slow.....Best I've got..

bwstokie

Visit site
Had a really scabby, scruffy knock this morning but managed to get it round in a respectable number. First time since we have been back that I wasn’t sure where the irons were going so I’m just back from a hundred ball range session. Absolutely puring it on the range so maybe put this mornings iron play down to not feeling great this morning after a very restless nights sleep. Really not enjoying the bobbly and unpredictable roll on our greens at the moment. Played “away” last week at Wychwood Park and their greens were in sublime condition. Ours are due for hollow tining and top dressing next week so still a few weeks off top notch I’d expect!

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Another dose of tripe laced with moments that show some ability is still there....
Struggling to be 10 shots over handicap at the moment.
Todays excuse is that the greens have been top dressed and were slow.....Best I've got..

Yup, that often leads to me slicing drives and fatting irons. ;)